View Single Post
Old 05-26-2013, 08:23 PM   #1
mikeyg36

Drives: 2015 Z/28 #533
Thumbs up Speed Dawg Shift Knobs

I would like to thank Chris from Speed Dawg for both a high quality product, and fantastic customer service. As most of you know, the stock shift knob on the 10-12 Camaro is AWFUL, therefore, I started looking at some replacement options. I found Speed Dawg on a Mustang forum and I decided to see what they had. Their selection of shift knobs is HUGE, with all different types of styles and color options. They also have licensed GM products.

I decided to purchase the 70-74 Rally Stripe Camaro script knob; black with white stripes. Since our cars are not threaded, an adapter kit is required with the purchase. Two options are available: Non-Threaded adapter, or Universal Insert. Chris explained that the Universal Insert option has a three week wait, so I decided to go the non threaded option. Two days after ordering, the knob arrived. After installing it, I was not happy. It didn't look like the knobs that other members had, and it had an unfinished look to the install. I then realized that the other members had the Universal Insert option. I called Chris, and he surprisingly agreed to exchange it for the other model. I packed up the old knob, installed the crappy stock one, and waited. Three weeks later it arrived. It installed in about 15 minutes, and it looked fantastic. A (crappy) picture of it can be seen at the bottom of this thread: http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=284800

I cannot stress the quality and fantastic customer service that I experienced from Speed Dawg, and I would recommend them to anyone in the market for a new knob. It's very rare nowadays to find a company with this quality of customer service. I wish they would become a sponsor here, because they would make a killing

Mike
mikeyg36 is offline   Reply With Quote