View Single Post
Old 07-24-2009, 07:58 AM   #10
EarliestMemory
RED HT RS

Drives: 10 VR 2LT/RS Camaro, 06 Harley
Quote:
Originally Posted by Supermans View Post
Great job to be within a second while drag racing. I take it this was your first time as well?
Thanks! Yes, I am a total noob at this. In my first run I made the acquaintance of the rev limiter - time was too embarrassing to post!

Quote:
Originally Posted by fazm View Post
congrats on getting it out there.

i like that picture with the other guy about to break the beams with his rear tires, and you still sitting there lol
Hehe yeah, my reaction time sux! Need to work on that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrhaus76 View Post
11.008 @ 117.17 but it shows a higher reaction time which is not consistant with the photo. Plus, an 11 second TA is pretty impressive so my guess is that ticket is not for that run.
You're right. I did have a photo of the run on the ticket but it was dark by then and it wasn't a very good pic. I was actually up with a super-sweet, blown early-70s Plymouth. I think the TA in the photo was doing low 13s.

Quote:
Originally Posted by prostock69 View Post
Awesome! I am glad you had fun. Told you it's addicting. Hubby grew up at the drag strip and has worked on high performance cars since he was 12. He's worked for Bob Glidden, Larry Morgan and for Reher-Morrison/Bruce Allen for 10 years. I always loved when we went to the races! There is nothing like standing up on the line behind two Top Fuelers as they go down the track.
Yes! My husband didn't have as goood a night - he's very ticked at his car, so it'll be him I have to work to get to go back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rayhawk View Post
What rpm did you shift at? Even with a 2.3 60' time your mph should be a bit higher. Congrats on getting out to the track, it sounds like you had a lot of fun.
Thanks, yes it was a great time! I was shifting around 6500rpm. That's also something I'll need to experiment with.