View Single Post
Old 07-14-2012, 01:46 AM   #251
cpoboats

Drives: 2011 SS/RS gun metal gray ragtop
"It's gun metal gray to me"......

Hey everybody, sorry I don't have the time to view the site as much as I would like. BUT FINALLY this one is in my "wheelhouse".
I have posted pix of the car on other threads. In a nutshell; I made a bet with My BFF our Pop. It was a stupid bet, The 2010's were JUST hitting the streets. Dad had GTO's back in the day (3) in the 60's and 70's. We built my first hot rod in 1983. A 1968 RS Soft top. Same Paint with the old school rally strips.
Back to the bet.... I lost but He went to be with the Lord 4 days before He was scheduled to fly out to visit. Well as the Executor of the Estate it took 20 months to complete. I could (and probably will write a book of the full story).
On one of the trips between California and the Smoky Mtns. I decided, "I am a man of my word.""I lost the bet and I will see it though." So I ordered a 2011 Convertible 2SS/RS L99 Camaro with EVERY OPTION known to man kind. Took delivery in May 2011, and today put the first 1000 miles on "Her".
She sit's in the garage...covered, never has or never will see rain. I TOTALLY enjoy just going out and tinkering or waxing....JUST spending time alone with the car. I will try an upload some fresh pix.
Like I said It's gun metal gray to me....
Cheers,
Attached Images