View Single Post
Old 05-11-2009, 12:19 PM   #12
Xmicro_SS
Thank You GM

Drives: Sky Redline & Camaro 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMC Performance View Post
I'm Lisa, the owner of BMC Performance in WPB, FL. We do carry the complete Techco line-up and I would highly recommend their supercharger systems - the best quality and materials I have ever seen in a kit. I have run very high boost on my Mustang with a Vortech and enjoy that, but the Techco unit on the Challenger was just amazing! We had the first 5.7 kit on my 5.7 Challenger and did not run a Techco tune. Since we installed and tuned the system prior to Techco completing their install and tune, we had Diablosport custom dyno tune my car. My engine did experience failure, which I was at the track running the Techco supercharger, but I want to clear up a couple of things. I was NOT running nitrous at the same time as the supercharger. I never had the nitrous hooked up while the supercharger was on the car. I had run nitrous prior to the supercharger, as the first 5.7 to ever install and run it for ZEX. We bought this Challenger in September to use for R&D and product testing so I knew going into this that the car would end up being fully built. So, in all, Techco is building me a 397 stroker (first one) and we are getting the first ported Techco supercharger as well, along with tuning from Techco. I am not afraid to continue to run their products and we have installed several systems on Challenger and sold dozens. A Techco supercharger on the new Camaro would be an outstanding mod, trust me!!
That sounds like something to keep an eye on, by the time he factory warrantee is up I am sure other members will have tried their supercharger. Thanks for your input and experience.