View Single Post
Old 04-15-2012, 05:49 AM   #36
'11 cyber grey vert
"SHARK" Born Apr.26,2011

Drives: 2011 CGM 2LT/RS Convertible
Cactuseater,
through my own experience with my 5th bow broken,There are not alot of GM dealers around where I am anyway with top experience.GM has not made convertible tops consistently in their vehicle line up with the exception of the corvettes.

What I did was zero in on the big corvette dealers and asked questions re: camaro tops.

My selling dealer which is about an hour away from me is one of the only ones that have experience repairing the camaro tops.they are also one of canada's largest corvette dealers if not the largest.
They also are in a select group that knew what to look for with regards to top problems.
I asked most of the questions with the service manager, he is definitely on the ball and knew his stuff.
All the questions I asked he was able to answer so I felt comfortable that they would be able to fix it and absolutely did not give me the runaround that you are going through right now with your dealer.
You would be surprised (maybe not) by the number of dealers here that have verts on their lots with broken or crappy tops and are trying to sell them in that condition as they have no idea what to look for.Again I think it comes down to the fact that GM has not produced convertible tops consistently through a particle model line(corvette excepted) and therefore the dealers don't have enough experience when issues arise.
'11 cyber grey vert is offline   Reply With Quote