View Single Post
Old 07-11-2013, 07:48 AM   #5
Rock36
I just like V8s

Drives: 2007 Corvette Z06
That was an interesting read, I definitely learned some things, but it made me laugh at the same time. His major angle of attack is that the Z/28 won't be sanctioned in any real racing classes, and it betrays the intent of the original homologated Z/28.

So what?

Chevy is using mag shocks and carbon rotors that are illegal in road racing?

So what?

It would be retarded of Chevy to forgoe using the advancements they have made in mag ride technology on their "halo" or special cars for the sake of some SCCA class rules.

I guess high end exotic sports cars that don't use iron rotors are dumb too, because they didn't reverse engineer their cars to meet organizational racing rules. Yeah yeah, carbo-ceramic is over-priced for what it does yadda yadda

That whole "what wins on Sunday sells on Monday" mindset died decades ago. I don't give a shit who won what class in SCCA, I have zero skin in that game. I'm not quitting my day job to race competitively in Grand Am, I drive and hit the track for me and to have fun. I don't need to be associated with a racing circuit to enjoy a fast sports car. I pay my entry fees at whatever track, do my inspections, run my car, and then go home. If my mag ride shocks don't qualify me for this or that racing venue, I don't care, I wasn't registering anyway.

The egotism is funny too. He apparently thinks people on Camaro5 are actually thinking to themselve that the "thepill" guy "was right all along". Seriously who is "ThePill"?

Camaro5 must have left some serious mental scar tissue on this guy to be so obssessed with what some forum thinks, enough to take pictures of people's posts. Perhaps it is the moderators he has an issue/grudge with, but wow.

EDIT: The photoshops were funny. It's good to be passionate about something though.

2007 Corvette Z06: Le Mans blue, 2LZ

Last edited by Rock36; 07-11-2013 at 08:41 AM.