View Single Post
Old 10-14-2007, 10:14 AM   #3
Jeff
~ANTI-FORD~

Drives: Cadillac CTS
Send a message via MSN to Jeff
Right now it seems like most people's opinions are just speculations. Motor wise the things people say it will have a 400 horse power, 6 Litter LS2 engine. We'll see on the motor lol. I doubt they will put in a LS7 the first year it comes out. In the future that may be a option. (Just a speculation) Transmission wise that V8 will be offered as a automatic or manual transmission that will have a wide spaced gear ratio leaning towards very aggressive acceleration. So the LS7 will have to wait for more news unless anyone else has heard something more recent..

As far as the prices, I think they will be lower than most think. Put it this way. Chevy is still going to have to compete with the new ford Mustangs price wise with the 6 cylinders for the average American man. I actually looked into this a bit and went to a Chevy dealer near my house. Its called Freedom Chevrolet and my dad talked to the general manager about the new Camaros. He said Chevy will be trying to compete with Ford price wise but will be a little bit more expensive. I remember him saying these exact words, "Their practically giving those Mustangs away." If you look at Mustang prices you can get a 6 cylinder with a few options on it for 20k. The way he sounded I would guess the V6's would be 23-24ish and the V8's comparable to the Saleen Mustang. Again those aren't facts, but personally I believe what he said, so I'm not going to be surprised when Camaro's base model is cheaper than we thought.

sorry guys.. sold Camaro and got a Cadillac CTS, waiting for a few years to get a 2010 SS used ;]
Jeff is offline   Reply With Quote