View Single Post
Old 09-16-2013, 07:24 PM   #1
sycraft
COTW 5/06/2013

Drives: 2017 Corvette Grand Sport-Ho-Vette
Evap System for Boosted V6- Mine

I am starting a thread to explain what I am having built to handle the evacuation on my IPF supercharger. Right now in stock trim, both valve covers are vented to a catch can and the can is vented to the supercharger inlet, there is no suction or fresh air entering from the intake, it is plugged. This is what I am going to change:

I am going to leave the IPF can where it is and route the the fresh air inlet through that can to the supercharger inlet, air will be able to enter the system through the passenger side valve cover of the engine freely. The oriface will be drilled out to increase flow rate from the 3/8" line. The catch can here is not really needed but since it is there , will keep it. The custom catch can from Mightymouse will feature a releif valve on top of the can to relieve pressure if needed and draw air through the pcv system from drivers side valve cover 1/2" line through the can to the top of the intake which is a 3/8" line, this will have a check valve to shut off back flow under boost condition. When in boost condition, the engine can breath through both valve covers and not pressurize the system. I am also having a breather for the oil cap made that will also incorporate a one way vent out to relieve pressure. All air entering the engine will remain metered. This should allow fresh air to reduce contaminents and keep the engine in proper ventalation.

Any other thoughts on this is welcomed, but I have tried a 3 way FI can and that did not do well on this setup. The currect system works, brown sludgy and wet residue upon draining, just looking for addl. decontamination.