View Single Post
Old 06-18-2013, 02:11 PM   #10
So Cal Camaro
So Cal Race Team

Drives: 2013 Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bmatth1162 View Post
I just wanted to give an honest review of the Nitto INVO tires in stock SS sizes for anyone who might have considered them for use in auto-x/road courses/spirited driving on curvy roads... very unimpressive. I have a good amount of track experience with other cars, and I know camaros are heavy and push anyway yada yada, but I can safely say that the front INVOs are some of the worst handling tires I've ever dealt with. EDIT: STRICTLY TALKING ABOUT 245s UP FRONT. They give relatively good feedback but squeal like a pig and require a considerable amount of extra wheel turn to make the turn. The rears have great lateral and straight line traction though.

I knew I was giving up some handling with 245 INVOS up front, but I'm going to have to get AT LEAST sway bars just to get back to where I was with the P-zeros. Has anyone else had better luck with wider front INVOs?

If this was too long to read... I've seen quite a few posts here asking about the INVOS. Don't get Nitto INVOS (in 245 up front) if you have any interest in the car's handling
I rented a Camaro recently on two occasions for autocross events since my Camaro is elsewhere....I forgot how sloppy these cars handle stock out of the box and even with the Pirelli's in the front, their 245's are no prize either when trying to get the Camaro to handle during aggressive driving...so I'm thinking the issue is more that 245 is too narrow for these cars, rather than any particular tires characteristics and handling...the INVO is a good tire...