View Single Post
Old 09-08-2011, 08:56 AM   #4
CamaroSpike23
Truth Enforcer

Drives: anything I can get my hands on
Send a message via Yahoo to CamaroSpike23
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zabo View Post
Hell, aside from the added emissions things post 1994 I'd imagine just find a rear ended LS car and clean out the engine bay of everything that isn't part of the body or holds the engine in place. IIRC the body didn't change much if at all when they went to the LS1 so just finding an LS car and adding all the extras to make that LS engine work in said LS car..
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zabo View Post

Badabing, you've got an LS engine'd Camaro.

Easier to drop the car on the engine/K member though, so keep that in mind also look for a combo of trans and engine and stay away from TC/ASR BS. LS1tech and LS1.com are your friend too.

Spike.. anything to add oh Jalopy Jedi?

of course.

the hood will need to be changed as the LS1 sits higher and the Radiator will need to sit more upright to not come in contact with the engine, not to mention, you will need either a different radiator (LT1's are reverse flow cooled) or a custom plumbing setup for the stock radiator. also, you have a 94 camaro which is an OBDI system, you'll need to convert your data connector over to OBDII. Transmissions wont transfer, Kmember wont match up, all your engine accessories, plus all the little stuff like AC, sensors, etc.

an overview of major items you'll need
-Engine
-Tranny
-K-member
-Wiring harness (sparco does a conversion with the stock LT1 harness)
-Computer & tuning
-Front Accessories
-Steering rack & pinion with steering shaft
-New Fuel pump(LS1-58psi vs LT1-42psi), regulator, and lines (LS1 is a returnless system)

if you truly want to do it, find a donor car that is rear ended and take your time.

IMVHO, save the time and money and have your LT1 freshened up and mod it out. get it stroked, poked and cammed and have more power than the LS1 without breaking the bank.
or if you are adamant about having an LS1, trade out your 94 for one. or find a rolling chassis that needs a motor and interior and swap your interior to the rolling chassis.
Originally Posted by BowtieGuy View Post
Nobody makes CamaroSpike happy. You just disgust him a little less than other people.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WheelmanSS View Post
Post count is truly an accurate measure of how cool someone is on the Internet.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg Norris View Post
I piss excellence
and fart awesomeness
"You can think I'm wrong, but that's no reason to quit thinking.”
Quote:
Originally Posted by Overflow View Post
But not all people were born awesome like you, Spike.
CamaroSpike23 is offline   Reply With Quote