View Single Post
Old 03-18-2011, 10:02 PM   #9
talltom

Drives: Silver LS
32,000 mile service

Oil and filter change (Mobil 1) - $69.95, fuel injection service (I think they just flush some solvent through there) - $144.00, plus tire rotation (LS does need tires rotated) and gave everything a good looking over ("27 point inspection"). Total was about $225. $450 would have to include a lot of stuff...I looked at getting the gear box oil changed, but that was $60 a quart and way too much labor charges.

At about 12k miles I had the differential gear oil changed because of a rubbing/growling/chunking sound and this was done free under a technical service bulletin (TSB). It solved the problem for a while, but it has come back. I didn't do anything on this visit and may have to take it back in a week or two. (this is only for the V6 manual transmission).

One other thing...I understand there is a passenger compartment filter under the windshield wiper cowl that can be changed and I will do that next.

Silver LS - manual, white stripes, black interior, and those swell 18" black steelies! (18" Bavarian aluminum in the garage).
talltom is offline   Reply With Quote