View Single Post
Old 01-22-2013, 07:00 PM   #13
Synner

Drives: cars
People seem to ignore a lot of what makes the 1LE ideal for the track. Trans cooler, trans gears, diff gears, half shafts, wheels/tires, hub bearings, half shafts, sways, bushings, shock mounts, toe rods, fuel pump, etc.

No way you're getting all that for 3k. But it depends on you overall budget, plans and racing class. If you're going to a 9", getting lighter weight monoblock wheels, etc then its less of a deal. However the resale value of those parts is much higher. Still worth it for the trans gears/cooler, hubs, etc. Especially if you sell off the stock stuff.

Engine, you can do a cam/heads but you'll need to add cubes as well, especially for the high side of your goal. Cam should be somewhat tame unless you want lots of spring changes and are ok with potential breakage. OBDII check is easy to pass with the correct tune, visual or sniffer not so much.

New brake pads, rotors, possible caliper upgrades. Budget? Sky's the limit. From CTSV 6 pistons up front to $8k in big brake kits.

I would only recommend double adjustable coilovers for a track specific car. It will also help with softening things up for non track days. Pedders, BC ER's, KW V3's, pick your poison. Not a fan of pfadt's for being single adjustable and how they deal with preload/height. Most bushings will not add a lot of vibes or harshness and I don't understand people who recommend against them for this application. Ride comfort is 90% in the coilover.

Extreme innovation has the best roll cage I've seen and is the only game in town for a tubular k member right now. Pricey but great stuff. Waiting on BMR for a cheaper k member.
http://www.extremeinnovationsandfabrication.com/

You can also find a harness bar now which I've been considering since I'd prefer no roll cage. Some places offer an extinguisher bracket for in front of the passenger seat, could find the link in the drag section by searching.
Synner is offline   Reply With Quote