View Single Post
Old 07-06-2010, 03:38 PM   #6
Rockies4

Drives: PT Cruiser 02
In my opinion, I would go with the automatic over the manual if you want a Carmaro to appeal to the majority of men and women. The last time I looked, the automatic was outselling the manual.

I would not go with the sunroof because you will lose a couple of inches or so in headroom.

And I would agree on the rally stripes over the hockey stripes.

Again, in my opinion, there are probably more members that have the rally stripes instead of hockey stripes. Personally, I like both, but I chose not to have any stripes on my 2SS Camaro.

Now for marketing, you will need to contact your local television station in your area, so they can create a human interest story on what you are trying to accomplish.

Next, go to your local community college and contact the instructor who teaches marketing and ask if he/she would like a "real world project" for the next semester.

This will increase the value of everyone's resume in the course. Set up a date perhaps during the first two weeks in the semester and be "the client."

Ask the instructor to perhaps divide the class into two or more groups to generate more ideas for maketing your cause. This would be considered one of the 5 nontraditional marketing strategies (cause marketing).

Finally, ask the marketing class to help implement their strategies. This can be a great experience for everyone involved: students, instructor, youth organization, and the community. You'll be surprised on how many connections the students will have in the community.

At the end of the semester, have each group make a PowerPoint presentation on their ideas and why they will be effective. Each group needs to "sell" you their ideas.

My marketing class does projects like this from time to time and the students really love it. Students learn more when they actually apply the material.

My class just marketed Antioch University last semester and they will be implementing some of their marketing strategies next semester (one-day event).

Drop the suggestion that it would be great if the students could put on a one-day event at the college where all proceeds go towards the youth organization.

I wish you success and good luck and let us all know how everything turns out.

Rockies4
Rockies4 is offline   Reply With Quote