View Single Post
Old 09-22-2010, 08:01 PM   #681
speedster
SST...

Drives: SST Camaro 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterCamaro69 View Post
"It's not an earthquake. it's just Nelson playing with Speedsters motor on the dyno."
Ha, back to the story a few pages back about flaming out a turbine...

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikepage0007 View Post
looking at the crime blotter today in the space coast paper and i noticed there was a break in @ cape canaveral..seems someone helped themselves to some rocket fuel and a solid rocket booster...sorry bruce , had to give them your name..
Oh you suck !! You weren't gonna tell until it was mounted. The Saturn 5 booster will be in your garage by tomorrow. You just have to figure out if it goes on the Camaro or the Chevelle... The fuel truck in the front yard without the plates is just a bonus. Sorry about the tracks by the truck. They were left over from the bucket loader we used to set it there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by C6LS2_or_2010camaro_owner View Post
OWNED!
You are becoming evil...

Quote:
Originally Posted by TAG UR IT View Post
LMAO!!!

I KNEW that's how he was able to do it!!!
You are becoming evil too, but you are farther along...

Quote:
Originally Posted by IPS Brandon View Post
Are the fuel lines you are using Bruce Teflon lined? I finally had some time to check out the build, everything looks to perfection! Your fuel system is very similar to the system on our C6Z race car, I dig it!

I do not believe we used teflon hose. From what I have been told (and I could be mis-informed) but in general neither Earl's nor Aeroquip makes a special -10 or -8 teflon for fuel. They only recommend using that for air conditioning. If it is regarding ethanol, I do not plan to run ethanol fuel mixes in SST unless it's impossible.

I will be in Orlando for PRI, how far are you from the area, Ill need to see this in the "flesh"

It should be here in December. If I bring it over to PRI, can you get me in ? (Me, not the car...ha, ha)

Regards
Quote:
Originally Posted by camaro guy View Post
ballpark total price?
I plead the 5th. It hasn't been a budget build, but NRE has been very realistic about the charges for the workmanship performed.