View Single Post
Old 05-01-2012, 02:12 AM   #41
SixGracing

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS LS3 A6
Quote:
Originally Posted by aSSian View Post
sounds like a great plan! good luck! I need to do more research on aftermarket cams. I'm not really familiar with any of them.
My TSP cam 231/236 .641"/615" with a 112 LSA is awesome! I love it. Agressive but not overly. The LG G6X3 is another popular one. Did you say you were an L99 or LS3? My car is an auto and I had Sam do the conversion to LS3 valvetrain. You can retain the L99 stuff and buy a good VVT cam but if you are an auto I would convert and get rid of the AFM/DOD junk.

Comp Cams makes some good stuff too. Don't get all caught up in these custom "Secret" grinds. It's quite ridiculous really and there is only so much you can do with lift, duration, lobe separation etc.. If they don't advertise the specs of the cam don't buy it. It's not rocket science and too many shops do this thinking they have some secret cam formula. There are plenty that advertise their specs and have great products!

Good luck with whatever you do to your car. All of its fun and seeing the improvements is even more exciting.