Thread: Drifting???
View Single Post
Old 06-20-2009, 10:48 AM   #26
zebra
just can't seem to leave

Drives: your mom wild!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Z/28orSs View Post
everytime i make a left turn in light rain thank you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by patriotpa View Post
Never. I prefer to be in control.
i suggest going to a track or empty parking lot sometime and trying it. you'll be surprised how much control it actually takes do.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GatorBlue371 View Post
If your not in control while your drifting, your not drifting. Your sliding out of control.

Drifting is the controlled powerslide of your car.
+1

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickss View Post
I`m not bashing drifting but I was wondering, quite a few years ago I was at the strip, blew my engine entering the traps (107 MPH) blew the block, oil everywhere, I slide to the right for what seems forever, then I slide to left for what seems forever, I finally come to an unscathed stop.(must have been my superior driving skills ) So my question is this, do I qualify as to actually have drifted or at least accidently tried drifting whether he wanted to or not?
don't count. sorry

Quote:
Originally Posted by patriotpa View Post
no kidding...thank you for your enlightenment.

Not my style. Useless on the track. Dangerous as hell on the road.

...just showing off and wasting rubber.
it is other racers' style. depends on what kind of race it is. shouldn't be done on the road (unless in some extreme circumstance, such as avoiding crashing)

just showing off is the point and wasting rubber is just part of it - that's almost like going to a race track & complaining about having to burn so much gas
Samson ('18 HD): compounded 408
zebra is offline   Reply With Quote