View Single Post
Old 07-23-2009, 01:48 AM   #18
Mohrg Beast
TURBO HUNTER!!!

Drives: 2010 Camaro Lt Vin #1974
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogue Leader View Post
While I don't work for GM theres 2 things I'm sure of.

1. The dealer sold MTX subs will be powered by their OWN amplifier.

2. However they are connected (probably a pigtail buried in the trunk somewhere) I am sure one of the aftermarket companies will have a converter within a couple months of the car's release to the general population that will allow you to hook up ANY amplifier.

The question that remains is this pigtail that will be in the trunk to connect the MTX setup, will it be filtered for low frequency or not? If it is filtered it is fine for connecting a sub amp and adding external subs. If it is not filtered and offers full range then once the adaptor comes out you will be able to very easily add a new amplifier to the system, then run new wires to whatever new speakers you get for the car, and just disconnect the harnesses for the old speakers.

This we will need to figure out when the cars are available to stereo guys...
ive had my trunk completely torn apart to see what gadget they put in my trunk instead of a spare. and then had it apart to hook up my led underbody lights there and too see that battery and how its hooked up. then ive taken it apart for cleaning and all that..i bought a 10 inch rockford sub from ebay and it fits incredibly in the truck to the right side and squeezes in outta the way.anyway ive looked all over the trunk no pigtail or any hook up whatsoever. so its looking like you either splice into one of the speakers which i didnt splice but i unhooked the 6x9 and hooked the sub into its place and it was absolutely retchid. so looks to me like we are running all the way to the stereo which is bs considering they are selling the mtx combos, does anyone know how to hook this regular sub up..im not looking to pound my trunk off. i just want a punch sub like my fiancees lancer has in her trunk. so im hoping i dont have to have an amp cause hers dont..but i guess hers does have that really nice rockford navi/mp3 ripper unit in it which is a small computer by the way it works so im sure it boosts some crazy amps to fuel the sub on its own..im looking now for somewhere to put that exact same navi system in my car but looks like its gonna be december before gm comes out with theres before i can get the right dash for that kind of system since the dash is completely molded for the stock radio and nothing else..GRRRRR!!!!
Mohrg Beast is offline   Reply With Quote