Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 06-10-2011, 12:36 PM   #1
SRWing

Drives: 68 Camaro, 66 Corvette
Karma vs the new Camaro, a sad but true story

Karma, fate, or Divine Intervention what ever you want to call it sometimes really messes with ya. When photos of the new Camaro first started showing up in car mags, i started drooling over them. Dreaming of the day i'd be driving one. Then in late 2009, they hit the sales floor, i drooled and dreamed some more but just couldn't justify the expense as the wife's Monte Carlo was in perfect condition and we were paying for a motorhome and a Jeep. OK, now it's the summer of 2010 and the Jeep is paid off but we decide to save some $$$ and buy a Camaro in the spring of 2011. Slowly oh so slowly 2011 arrives and in April we start looking for our perfect 2011 Camaro. I wanted the 2SS coupe (it's got all the options i needed as standard feature's) bright blue metallic ( a light blue that matches the color of our 68 Camaro) with white rally stripes, stock painted wheels and the wife insisted on an automatic trans . BUT NO, there's no light blue color in 2011, it was replaced by this dark almost black blue color. So after looking over the other color choices we decided on the Rally yellow with white stripes. We did the search thing via the internet and couldn't find one that wasn't overloaded with stuff we didn't want, like the RS package and super expensive wheels etc. So we did the build your own thing on the Chevrolet web site and sent it out to various dealers for a quote. Well Power Chevrolet in Peoria AZ and a local Chevy dealer (which i wont name to avoid them any embarrassment ) answered back with very similar offers. To our surprise the local dealer was about $500 less then the valley dealer. So we went to the dealer, wrote them a deposit check and they ordered our new Camaro. They said we would be driving it within 4-6 week . Yippee. So then it was really hard to wait. I was so excited that i went down to discount tire and ordered a really cool set of 20" American racing wheels, polished rims with black centers, way cool! OK, 6 weeks slowly drags by and no word from the local dealer, so i give them a call. Well they said, we'll look into this and give you a call back. Another week goes by and no call back, but wait i get this call from the dealers quality control guy and he wants to know how everything is going with the sale. Well i tell him, we haven't got the Camaro yet and can't get a call back to tell us why. SILENCE, dead silence then he says i'll look into it for ya, ya right! Two days go by and no word, so i go to the local dealer and see the sales manager dude, and say what's up with my Camaro and why no call back. More silence, then he says he has to check the computer and it's down, but he'll call me when he gets some info. Start seeing a pattern here! The next morning i don't wait i give the dealer a call and talk to the sales manager. WELL Sir, we're sorry but your Camaro hasn't been built yet, we made a mistake on the order request and it was never listed for Chevrolet to build it. It will be another 6+ weeks. But wait it get's better, the 2012's are coming out and they can't order me a 2011 and the 12's cost more . So i go on line and find a similarly equipped Camaro in the valley. It's rally yellow but no white stripes and it's got the RS ($$) package. So i give the dealer a call and tell them to make me an offer on the valley Camaro (they can do the dealer swap thing real easy), because i really want a new Camaro. So they give us a quote and it's like $1200 more then the one i ordered but they said they'd give us a good deal on the Monte Carlo as a trade in. We say OK, cause we already got these wheels that wont fit anything else . And within a day they have the valley Camaro here at their dealership. Today we eagerly rushed over to see it. there it was in all it's yellow shinny new glory, with this great big DENT in the left front wheel fender lip . Well call it Karma, fate or Divine Intervention, but right then and there we realized getting a new Camaro now just wasn't going to happen. Everything that we tried had failed so Karma was telling us to not just walk away, but RUN, so we did. We got our original deposit back and took our slightly used and perfectly running Monte Carlo home.
So will we ever get a new Camaro, well we hope so, we got $1200 worth of non-returnable wheels in the shed. but not this month or probably even this year. Maybe will try next spring and just deal with the dealer in Peoria.
SRWing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2011, 12:40 PM   #2
heRS
Raised by Wolves

Drives: IBM 2010 2LT RS M6
Always best to follow your gut instinct. Your Camaro will find you. Mine did!

heRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2011, 12:43 PM   #3
UT-Engineer
Just Cruisin'

Drives: 2010 Synergy Camaro
Wow. What a break man! Im sure you can probably sell those wheels for what u paid since they have never been used. As for getting your new camaro... a 2011 was not in the cards for you, but Im sure a 2012 will make it into your driveway soon... perhaps a ZL1

UT-Engineer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2011, 12:45 PM   #4
TOMS1SS

Drives: NA
Quote:
Originally Posted by SRWing View Post
Karma, fate, or Divine Intervention what ever you want to call it sometimes really messes with ya. When photos of the new Camaro first started showing up in car mags, i started drooling over them. Dreaming of the day i'd be driving one. Then in late 2009, they hit the sales floor, i drooled and dreamed some more but just couldn't justify the expense as the wife's Monte Carlo was in perfect condition and we were paying for a motorhome and a Jeep. OK, now it's the summer of 2010 and the Jeep is paid off but we decide to save some $$$ and buy a Camaro in the spring of 2011. Slowly oh so slowly 2011 arrives and in April we start looking for our perfect 2011 Camaro. I wanted the 2SS coupe (it's got all the options i needed as standard feature's) bright blue metallic ( a light blue that matches the color of our 68 Camaro) with white rally stripes, stock painted wheels and the wife insisted on an automatic trans . BUT NO, there's no light blue color in 2011, it was replaced by this dark almost black blue color. So after looking over the other color choices we decided on the Rally yellow with white stripes. We did the search thing via the internet and couldn't find one that wasn't overloaded with stuff we didn't want, like the RS package and super expensive wheels etc. So we did the build your own thing on the Chevrolet web site and sent it out to various dealers for a quote. Well Power Chevrolet in Peoria AZ and a local Chevy dealer (which i wont name to avoid them any embarrassment ) answered back with very similar offers. To our surprise the local dealer was about $500 less then the valley dealer. So we went to the dealer, wrote them a deposit check and they ordered our new Camaro. They said we would be driving it within 4-6 week . Yippee. So then it was really hard to wait. I was so excited that i went down to discount tire and ordered a really cool set of 20" American racing wheels, polished rims with black centers, way cool! OK, 6 weeks slowly drags by and no word from the local dealer, so i give them a call. Well they said, we'll look into this and give you a call back. Another week goes by and no call back, but wait i get this call from the dealers quality control guy and he wants to know how everything is going with the sale. Well i tell him, we haven't got the Camaro yet and can't get a call back to tell us why. SILENCE, dead silence then he says i'll look into it for ya, ya right! Two days go by and no word, so i go to the local dealer and see the sales manager dude, and say what's up with my Camaro and why no call back. More silence, then he says he has to check the computer and it's down, but he'll call me when he gets some info. Start seeing a pattern here! The next morning i don't wait i give the dealer a call and talk to the sales manager. WELL Sir, we're sorry but your Camaro hasn't been built yet, we made a mistake on the order request and it was never listed for Chevrolet to build it. It will be another 6+ weeks. But wait it get's better, the 2012's are coming out and they can't order me a 2011 and the 12's cost more . So i go on line and find a similarly equipped Camaro in the valley. It's rally yellow but no white stripes and it's got the RS ($$) package. So i give the dealer a call and tell them to make me an offer on the valley Camaro (they can do the dealer swap thing real easy), because i really want a new Camaro. So they give us a quote and it's like $1200 more then the one i ordered but they said they'd give us a good deal on the Monte Carlo as a trade in. We say OK, cause we already got these wheels that wont fit anything else . And within a day they have the valley Camaro here at their dealership. Today we eagerly rushed over to see it. there it was in all it's yellow shinny new glory, with this great big DENT in the left front wheel fender lip . Well call it Karma, fate or Divine Intervention, but right then and there we realized getting a new Camaro now just wasn't going to happen. Everything that we tried had failed so Karma was telling us to not just walk away, but RUN, so we did. We got our original deposit back and took our slightly used and perfectly running Monte Carlo home.
So will we ever get a new Camaro, well we hope so, we got $1200 worth of non-returnable wheels in the shed. but not this month or probably even this year. Maybe will try next spring and just deal with the dealer in Peoria.
I know what dealer your talking about since I just drove by it two days ago on my way down Salt River Canyon via the US60. What is the story with that dealer and Camaros and white stripe packages, the red SS they have out front is the only one I've seen without any. Look on the bright side seems you got a little bit of a collection going anyways, might as well wait it out to get the car you want. You should check out the Arizona All Gens Club (check my profile)on this site, we have over 300 people and I've been trying to get some of the Show Low people to sign up. Incidentally glad the Wallow Fire didn't get close to you guys like the big one in 02 did.
TOMS1SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2011, 12:52 PM   #5
2010SLVRBULIT

Drives: G5(LLT) & C6(LS3)
don't give up, I had to order out of state cuz local dealer jacked me around as well..
2010SLVRBULIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2011, 01:20 PM   #6
nancygrl
雪の玉

Drives: '22 Z71 RST Silverado
PM BeckyD@RodgersChevrolet she's helped many C5 members find their dream Camaro when local dealers f-k-up.
nancygrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2011, 01:25 PM   #7
chops

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS / RS
Drive on! Will only make the final aquisition of that ride all the more sweeter
chops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2011, 03:38 PM   #8
SRWing

I have heard of the All Gen. Camaro club and will have to check it out. as for how the local dealer spec's their Camaros, They're all V-6's. now nothing's wrong with a V-6 if that's what ya want, but i just wanted more.
I don't know, maybe once they fix the dent in the yellow one, i might make them a rediculasly low offer and see whay happens. they've had the same 3 Camaros on their lot (not counting the dented yellow one) for over 3 months now. Maybe they'll just be glad to sell something. Unless Karma steps in again and saves me! The bright side is those new wheels sure look cool!
Old 06-10-2011, 03:58 PM   #9
2FST2LIV2YNG2DY
...this is my addiction!

Drives: SOLD
sorry for that saw story...

... how much for the wheels?
2FST2LIV2YNG2DY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2011, 09:14 PM   #10
SpendyWendy

Drives: 2011 SW 2SS/RS M6 Delivered 5/20/11
SRWing - I just sent you a PM - I have someone here local that I know can totally hook you up with what you are looking for
Old 06-10-2011, 10:00 PM   #11
CyberDan

Drives: 1SS Camaro
Sorry to sound like a prick, but paragraphs are your friend
CAI Cold Air Intake, VMax CNC TB, Borla Sport Catback Exhaust, EE Oil Catch Can, Eibach Sway Bars and Drop Springs, AAC concept side markers, stealth signal bulbs, Heritage grille, Sparks Restorations front and rear modern SS emblems
CyberDan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2011, 10:44 PM   #12
Jcobra

Drives: 2010 2ss/rs M6
What are the wheels??
Jcobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2011, 10:45 PM   #13
TOMS1SS

Drives: NA
Quote:
Originally Posted by SRWing View Post
I have heard of the All Gen. Camaro club and will have to check it out. as for how the local dealer spec's their Camaros, They're all V-6's. now nothing's wrong with a V-6 if that's what ya want, but i just wanted more.
I don't know, maybe once they fix the dent in the yellow one, i might make them a rediculasly low offer and see whay happens. they've had the same 3 Camaros on their lot (not counting the dented yellow one) for over 3 months now. Maybe they'll just be glad to sell something. Unless Karma steps in again and saves me! The bright side is those new wheels sure look cool!
Doesn't sound like the damage is all that bad. If they fix it right could be still worth picking up...if they fix it right. Incidentally I've been trying to find out from my employees but do they have any car shows up in Show Low? I'm sure the club would love to take a cruise up there when the fire calms down, we just did Payson a couple weeks back.
TOMS1SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2011, 07:14 PM   #14
SRWing

The wheels are Amarican Racing #105MB. 20"x9" front, 20"x10" rear, polished rim with black 5 spokes. Kind-a like the old torq-thrust II's
As for a Show Low car show, the big car show in June wasn't to be this year. Seems the chamber got crossed up with the club putting on the show, and it didn't happen. Their working on something for next year.
Paragraphs, what's that.