Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Regional Forums > USA - Southeast

Old 08-24-2009, 09:50 AM   #1
SicSix6
The Demon Photographer

Drives: 2010 1SS IOM Camaro
Pics of your car..... for anyone close enough to drive to VA...

If anyone in NOVA would like pictures of your car, let me know. Michelle and I love photography and are always willing to shoot cool cars. I don't have my IOM 1SS yet but would still like to start doing this to meet more of the 2010 Camaro owners. We already know the majority of the 4th and 3rd gen F-body crowd. I did most of the performance upgrades for them...

As requested, some samples:

More samples to come.........

1SS IOM LS3, GM 4-pack guages, SLP SS Front Emblem, Roto-Fab CAI, Solo Performance Mach X Exhaust, Barton Industries Short Throw Shifter

Last edited by SicSix6; 08-24-2009 at 04:04 PM.
SicSix6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2009, 12:15 PM   #2
jcamere94z28

Drives: None
you might get some more responses if you post some samples but also remember that by doing this for free that you are hurting photographers in your area by offering a service for free.

Is like having someone do the same thing that you do for a living and doing it for free. Would the general public go to you or to the guy that is doing it for free. Would you consider that person to be hurting your industry? Even if he is not as good as you at doing whatever is it that you do?
jcamere94z28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2009, 04:00 PM   #3
SicSix6
The Demon Photographer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcamere94z28 View Post
you might get some more responses if you post some samples but also remember that by doing this for free that you are hurting photographers in your area by offering a service for free.

Is like having someone do the same thing that you do for a living and doing it for free. Would the general public go to you or to the guy that is doing it for free. Would you consider that person to be hurting your industry? Even if he is not as good as you at doing whatever is it that you do?
Thanks for your concern, if it makes you feel better, I will leave it up to the clients as to whether or not they would like to pay for the services, and only after they have seen the quality of the work would I even accept money from them..... Even us Non-professional photographers have to get our start some where..........
As requested, more samples:

If anyone would like to see a few more samples of what to expect......
Check out these galleries....

1SS IOM LS3, GM 4-pack guages, SLP SS Front Emblem, Roto-Fab CAI, Solo Performance Mach X Exhaust, Barton Industries Short Throw Shifter
Old 08-24-2009, 04:01 PM   #4
Flaminbird

Drives: 2000 Trans Am
Send a message via AIM to Flaminbird
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcamere94z28 View Post

Sometimes we do things for free to be nice and it usually pays off in the long run. We can't do the printing for free but taking them really doesn't cost much plus we enjoy it.

On a similar note I recently spent 6 hrs doing a major detail on a member of our car club '02 WS6 using a P&C to bring her car's paint back to how it was when it was new. It was severely scratched and dull. She had lost her job like I did back in November and I offered to do it for free because I knew she couldn't afford it and I wanted to help someone out.

Anyway here's examples of my photography plus both mine and Tim's have already been posted recently. I've seen you post on LS1tech which both tim and I are members of btw

Old 08-24-2009, 04:07 PM   #5
SicSix6
The Demon Photographer

Here is our business card if anyone is interested
Attached Images

Old 08-24-2009, 04:17 PM   #6
SicSix6
The Demon Photographer

more samples of non automotive ...

Old 08-25-2009, 08:22 AM   #7
jcamere94z28

Drives: None
You have some talent. I see here a few photos that are better than some published work. So, you shouldn't sell yourself short. You have the eye and the passion. You know the difference between an amateur and a professional? the professional gets payed for their work. You are at a point where the only thing you are missing is getting paid for it. So... start charing even if it is a nominal fee.

BTW, A common miss-conception about taking photos cost really nothing....

You bought a camera (DSLR).. it cost money. Every time that shutter clicks is like a extra mile. After so many miles, just like a car, the camera will start acting up, time to fix (money) or upgrade (money)

The gas/miles you use to get to these locations. (money)

The computer you use to store, modify and post these photos cost you money. The electric bill (money) the software (money) etc etc.

If you want to make your hobby start producing some money... and turn it into a business check this book out:
http://www.amazon.com/dp/1598633155?...QGP1AC9S4WCQ4&

and this website is photography business oriented
http://photobusinessforum.blogspot.com/

BTW, i am just trying to help you here. I know you probably have a good job that allows you to have this hobby and not make money from it.

I could be doing the same (I am a web designer by day) I make good money but I want my hobby to be self sufficient.

If you have any questions feel free to ask me.
jcamere94z28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2009, 12:06 PM   #8
Flaminbird

Drives: 2000 Trans Am
Send a message via AIM to Flaminbird
Thanks for the compliments on the photos. Unfortunately I don't have a job right now so it makes it harder to get things moving along now. Tim is working but not me. I got laid off mid May and still havent found a job. I've been doing photography since 1987 when I picked up a used Nikon EM w/50 1.8mm at a church yard sale my mom was at. At the time I had 12 gardens at my mom's house and that's all I mainly photographed....flowers!

I taught Tim what I learned in all those years of photography when I met him in 2004 and he's gotten really great! My favorite thing besides cars to photograph is lighthouses and seascapes. I could do that all day long!