Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > V8 and V6 Transmissions / Driveline (6L80 / 6L50 / TR6060 / AY6)

Old 06-14-2019, 08:50 AM   #1
Sambos_1LE

Drives: 2015 Chevrolet Camaro SS 1LE
Car Will Not Go Into Gear

I Just Installed A New Tick Slave Cylinder In My Camaro. All I Did Was Removed The Transmission To Replace The Slave. After Getting Everything Back On Properly And While The Car Was Still Up Off The Ground, I Checked If I Was Able To Put The Car In Gear After Starting It. Car Went Into Gear And Rear Wheels Started To Spin, So I Thought Everything Was Good To Go. After Putting The Car Back On The Ground And Starting The Car Now It Is Not Wanting To Go Into Gear. Ive Bled The System Multiple Times And Still Nothing. But When I Jack Up The Rear Off The Ground I am Able To Get The Car Into Gear But The Wheels Will Still Spin Even With The Clutch Still Engaged Which I Didnt Notice The First Time. What Should I Check Or Do Next?
Sambos_1LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2019, 09:03 AM   #2
zlathim

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS M6
I don't have any experience with the Tick slave cylinder, but I do have an aftermarket slave on my car. It was made by RAM clutch. I have no idea if the Tick requires the same set-up as the Ram unit, but i had to measure and insure that there was 0.150" - 0.200" between the TO bearing and the clutch diaphragm "fingers". There were shims to get the slave positioned correctly in relation to the pressure plate.

With the Ram unit, if you have excess clearance between the TO and the fingers, the clutch will not disengage fully when depressing the clutch.

Again, I'm not familiar with the Tick unit, but this is the first thing that came to mind when I read your post.
BMR cradle & diff bushings, trailing arms, toe rods & upper control arm bushings
Hotchkis sub-frame brace
Stop Tech Z-23 brakes
4.10 gears, Eaton Truetrac, LPW diff cover
Best 1/4 mile 12.073 @ 115.68 mph 3,300 ft DA
zlathim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2019, 10:12 AM   #3
Sambos_1LE

Drives: 2015 Chevrolet Camaro SS 1LE
Yeah that is one thing I did not do was measure slave or the clutch, so I guess I will be dropping the trans once again smh. Thanks for the advice though
Sambos_1LE is offline   Reply With Quote