Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

Old 06-14-2014, 02:31 PM   #1
ametallichick
Met4Life \m/\m/

Drives: 2013 2SS 1LE
My Link issues in My 2SS

I am having major issues with the Bluetooth linking with my iPhone 4. I have never had problems this annoying before. I have my music on my phone and before, I could always go to the Bluetooth icon and it would automatically start playing my music. But, now it just shows on the My Link screen that it is paused. I push the play button on the screen and nothing. I then go in to my phone, select settings, Bluetooth and I turn it off. Then go back in to settings and turn Bluetooth back on. Still nothing. It still shows it is paused but I can manually go in to my music icon on my phone and play the music. It will show it's playing but not via the car. Has anyone had issues like this? I wonder if it's a My Link issue or a phone issue? I am leaning towards the phone issue and if that's the case, I'll be headed to At & T today, lol.
ametallichick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2014, 03:11 PM   #2
RED_SS

Drives: 2013 Camaro SS
Happens every other week for me. I have to turn off car, turn back on, sometimes remove the device and add again. Extremely frustrating.
Old 06-14-2014, 03:48 PM   #3
ametallichick
Met4Life \m/\m/

Quote:
Happens every other week for me. I have to turn off car, turn back on, sometimes remove the device and add again. Extremely frustrating.
Do you have an iPhone? We also tried linking my son's iPhone 5 and it wouldn't work either.
Old 06-14-2014, 03:54 PM   #4
Frank in MD
Raining Blood

Drives: 2014 SS Performance Sedan
Wasn't there some sort of firmware update on mylink for this issue?

2014 SS Performance Sedan #2974 - Red Hot 2 - S/R. & Spare. Built 01/09/14 #238 of 291 as configured
Frank in MD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2014, 05:13 PM   #5
RED_SS

Drives: 2013 Camaro SS
I have iPhone 5.
Old 06-14-2014, 05:48 PM   #6
G8rh8rtampa

Drives: 2016 Camaro SS
I have the same issue anytime I close the music app on my iPhone. It doesn't link properly

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
G8rh8rtampa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2014, 06:07 PM   #7
Snickers
Rumblebee

Drives: ZL1 Rally Yellow
This happened a lot when my car was new. Maybe I just don't see it as often anymore because I use the aux-cable due to sound quality.

Restart the iPhone was what worked best for me.
Snickers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2014, 06:24 PM   #8
CCMADONNA

Drives: 2014 SW 2SS/RS
I heard Apple is buying GM in order to solve this problem….
CCMADONNA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2014, 08:23 PM   #9
ametallichick
Met4Life \m/\m/

Quote:
I have the same issue anytime I close the music app on my iPhone. It doesn't link properly
I very rarely ever close my music app. I went by the local Chevy dealer today and got a couple different answers to my problem:
1. Make sure all songs are on a playlist. Makes absolutely no sense considering my app has worked pretty consistently for 11 months.
2. Make sure the iPhone is updated. I haven't updated my phone due to the issues I have with storage. But, my son's phone wouldn't link either and he has the newest update so that theory goes out the window.

He was able to fix it temporarily through my phone setting through My Link. I think it's a software issue within the My Link. I left the Chevy dealership and arrived at my destination. Was in there for an hour. Go outside, select Bluetooth on my car and again it says paused. Would not play at all. I did not touch my phone as I was driving. I got to a place in traffic that I could try and do it via my phone and as soon as I just swiped my phone to unlock it and attempt to just click the play button through my music app, it started playing. Makes no sense that it would do it all of the sudden just by sliding it to unlock it.
I also asked the guy that helped me (he does all new car delivery walk thru's) if it would be better had I had a Droid and he said absolutely not. That GM cars are geared toward the iPhone operating system.
I don't know what to do at this point. It's so frustrating. Before, I could always get in my car and select Bluetooth and it would play my music automatically. I need to take my car into service for a different issue next week. I am going to have them check the software and go from there. I will also have to do the latest update on my phone so they cannot come back to me and say that's the reason why I am having the issues.
Old 06-14-2014, 09:10 PM   #10
Cam2011

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS/RS
Try turning your iPhone off completely for a minute or so, and then turn it on and try to reconnect. That worked for me in the past, but with the 5s I've never had any issues.
Cam2011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2014, 11:00 PM   #11
maddoggyusa

Drives: 2013 Camaro Dusk 2SS/6
have you tried the usb cable? I know you probably want bluetooth to work, but with usb cable no issues for me. I just plug it in and throw in center console.
maddoggyusa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2014, 02:20 AM   #12
ametallichick
Met4Life \m/\m/

Quote:
Originally Posted by maddoggyusa View Post
have you tried the usb cable? I know you probably want bluetooth to work, but with usb cable no issues for me. I just plug it in and throw in center console.
Yes, I have used the USB cable off and on. Before I had music on my phone, my iPod was always plugged in but it died a couple months ago. The issues I was having there, was that I would almost always having to unplug the iPod and plug it back in to get it to recognize that it was plugged in. I don't understand how something can work for months and then all of the sudden not. I think I am going to have to try and do the IOS update which will require me to delete a lot of music and apps off of my phone to get enough storage space! UGH!
Old 06-15-2014, 02:26 AM   #13
Camarolover85
Account Suspended

Drives: 2019 Dodge Challenger Scat Pack
I swear this is an apple thing. I had a Corolla and my iPhone would do this to me all the time over bluetooth. Switched to Android and haven't had any issues syncing to any cars with it. My iPod is screwy in my camaro too, I just eventually used the jack and said f it.
Camarolover85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2014, 04:29 AM   #14
TheSmokingSuns

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2SS, 2011 Camaro 2LT
Works fine with my Galaxy S4.

I actually use a Sony app on my phone that whenever my phone detects that it has been connected to GMusicConnect in my Camaro when I turn on the car, the music will start playing automatically exactly where I left off. So I never need to take my phone out of my pocket to press Play.
TheSmokingSuns is offline   Reply With Quote