Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Forced Induction - V8

Old 12-23-2014, 01:56 AM   #1
12camaroSS

Drives: 2012 camaro ss
Sending car to get blower. Tips?

I will be sending my 2012 Camaro ss ls3 to get work done shortly. As of right now, I have kooks 1 7/8 longtube, no cats, slp loudmouth 1, x pipe, slp blackwing cold air intake, and a mail tune. I will be taking my car to DBR high performance to get a blower installed along with a cam. I called and told them I wanted to get as close as possible to 700-750 horses (rwhp). After looking around, I understand that shops can put any number on the dyno just to make the customer happy. So that being said, I would like to get a list together of the right parts needed to get that goal. Procharger? D1 f1 or p1? What type of cam? Meth? Ported heads or TB? What size injectors? Fuel pump? I will be running 93 octane on a stock block unless told otherwise. The shop told me they can get me that power with 10 to 12k. That includes the basic blower and cam. Maybe someone out here has a setup to share with me to get that rwhp I want. I just don't want to show up with 12 grand and say "get me 700 rwhp" as they can mess with the dyno to show fake numbers. Thanks!
12camaroSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2014, 03:56 AM   #2
1killer_SS

Drives: 2012 1SS LS3
I just took my car in for a AGP TT kit, so my build is not the same as yours but I would say some is same, I am doing Livernois Dual fuel pumps, ID850's, Alky dual nozzle meth, custom grind cam, intercooler, DSS 1400hp axles mantic 9000 clutch, 3 inch magnaflow catback exhaust, also doing, BMR Trailing Arms, Rear, Polyurethane Bushings BMR Toe Rods,Rear, Polyurethane Bushings, Lakewood Sub-frame connectors. AEM trueboost controller/gauge, MSD shift light, and possibly a 2Step
2012 1SS LS3 R1 Premiere cross drilled and slotted rotors / Hawk HPS pads / Vitesse Throttle controller, 25% SLP under drive pulley Car had full bolt-ons, however, at the moment the car is at santa's workshop getting getting remodded for an AGP Twin Turbo kit. 421WHP/401WTQ

Last edited by 1killer_SS; 12-23-2014 at 09:22 AM.
1killer_SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2014, 07:18 AM   #3
old motorhead

Drives: Maggie blown LS3 vette
The D1, mild cam and meth will easily get you there if you want the ProCharger. ECS is another option if you're wanting a centri. I'd check with your shop to see which one they're more comfortable installing. 85lb is plenty on the injectors. I wouldn't fool with porting the heads or t'body. Add plenty of fuel, a good tune, and you're good to go.

I'd sure be checking with your shop on what cam they recommend. Or better yet, get one of the cam guru's to spec you a cam. Your power goals are easily met with a cam that has near stock like manners. That is, unless you really want the lope, buck, shake, and stumble that a bigger cam "provides". Sounds cool. That stuff gets real old real quick if you actually drive your Camaro more than a little.
old motorhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2014, 08:18 AM   #4
bct10985

Drives: 2010 2SS LS3, 2013 duramax
You are going to need some suspension, tires and a clutch.
Old 12-23-2014, 01:11 PM   #5
camarossdusk
whippled 5th gen

Drives: 2013 camaro ss
suspensions plus axles, tires and clutch will def. keep you from breaking for sure.
Whipple running 13 lbs of boost, Innovators west 8 rib with 10 percent over drive crankshaft pulley. Fore level 2 Dual pump fuel system, with duel TI auto fuel pumps, ID 1300 fuel injectors, tuned on e85. Driveshaft shop aluminum driveshaft, 1400 hp half shafts, Detroit tru-trac. ls9 camshaft, CNC ported heads, with trunion and dual valve spring upgrade, LS9 head gaskets, ARP 2000 head studs, Manley stainless valves. Adjustable Bmr toe rods, trailing arms, rear adjustable sway bar, full cradle bushings, upper control arm bushings, BMR diff. bushings, bmr driveshaft safety loop.
camarossdusk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2014, 03:59 PM   #6
Slowhawk

Drives: 1999 Trans Am
The big problem I see is octane. Sure, it can take a hit or 2 on the dyno at 700hp but when loaded the octane will come in.
Slowhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2014, 02:52 PM   #7
z3R0fo01

Drives: 2014 1SS RS 1LE tvs2300
I you are gonna spend 10-12k I would definitely look into the AGP tt kit. I am getting ready for an SLP TVS2300 build, but my HP goals were below 600whp. Now if you really want a blower, a whipple or centri is prob the way to go.

Still, if I wanted to make that much power and had 10-12 grand I would get the AGP kit. Then I would do squash dual 400LP, ID850 or ID1000 injectors, HP tuners, mantic 9000 clutch, axles, suspension (coilovers, bushings, sway bars), trans and engine mounts, and maybe a new diff. Or at least start saving for new axles and a new diff.

You are going to put less stress on the motor for the power you will be making and the turbos will of course sound incredible. Also no need to do a cam, and you will have better than stock mpg on highway.

This is the fuel system I would buy

http://weaponxmotorsports.myshopify....s-return-style

You could probably get away with the TT kit, fuel system, and injectors for awhile with as much power as you are talking about but you would eventually break something unless you drove very very carefully.
z3R0fo01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2014, 03:36 PM   #8
Js2fst
2010 transformer

Drives: 2010 ss camaro
Cam meth heads headers cat back fuel pump injectors dampener and a f1-a to keep iats down. keep timing down to keep from rattling it, keep lower rpms. Dampener will help. You will have a hard time staying down to that power level! Can wastegate it too.
Js2fst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2014, 05:28 PM   #9
AGP Turbo

Drives: All things Turbocharged
Have DBR contact us and become a dealer. You can hit your goal on our TT kit w/ meth kit and stock cam. Sell you headers too. Lot's of really efficient power with more torque this way, and room to grow with just a wastegate spring swap (supplied).
AGP Turbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2014, 05:56 PM   #10
camarossdusk
whippled 5th gen

Drives: 2013 camaro ss
I was starving for fuel, before went to water methanol as above listed, helped me get plenty of octane, never have had any heat soak issues, drive my car on trips anywhere want to go, the key for me was to have a good spot on tune.
Whipple running 13 lbs of boost, Innovators west 8 rib with 10 percent over drive crankshaft pulley. Fore level 2 Dual pump fuel system, with duel TI auto fuel pumps, ID 1300 fuel injectors, tuned on e85. Driveshaft shop aluminum driveshaft, 1400 hp half shafts, Detroit tru-trac. ls9 camshaft, CNC ported heads, with trunion and dual valve spring upgrade, LS9 head gaskets, ARP 2000 head studs, Manley stainless valves. Adjustable Bmr toe rods, trailing arms, rear adjustable sway bar, full cradle bushings, upper control arm bushings, BMR diff. bushings, bmr driveshaft safety loop.
camarossdusk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2014, 09:41 AM   #11
1killer_SS

Drives: 2012 1SS LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by z3R0fo01 View Post
I you are gonna spend 10-12k I would definitely look into the AGP tt kit. I am getting ready for an SLP TVS2300 build, but my HP goals were below 600whp. Now if you really want a blower, a whipple or centri is prob the way to go.

Still, if I wanted to make that much power and had 10-12 grand I would get the AGP kit. Then I would do squash dual 400LP, ID850 or ID1000 injectors, HP tuners, mantic 9000 clutch, axles, suspension (coilovers, bushings, sway bars), trans and engine mounts, and maybe a new diff. Or at least start saving for new axles and a new diff.

You are going to put less stress on the motor for the power you will be making and the turbos will of course sound incredible. Also no need to do a cam, and you will have better than stock mpg on highway.

This is the fuel system I would buy

http://weaponxmotorsports.myshopify....s-return-style

You could probably get away with the TT kit, fuel system, and injectors for awhile with as much power as you are talking about but you would eventually break something unless you drove very very carefully.
I am north of the 10 to 12k mark but I am also doing cam and a few other things.

You can easily get away with AGP's fueling options, I went with the Livernois fuel system because I am doing cam also.

And yea for the money AGP is real good for BIG hp, stock bottom end and there base kit will do plenty of power then if you want to go forged bottom end and turn up the boost, no need to change your turbo parts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AGP Turbo View Post
Have DBR contact us and become a dealer. You can hit your goal on our TT kit w/ meth kit and stock cam. Sell you headers too. Lot's of really efficient power with more torque this way, and room to grow with just a wastegate spring swap (supplied).
I sold all my stuff, CAI, Race Scoop, Washer bottle relocation kit and headers, made a good amount back too.
2012 1SS LS3 R1 Premiere cross drilled and slotted rotors / Hawk HPS pads / Vitesse Throttle controller, 25% SLP under drive pulley Car had full bolt-ons, however, at the moment the car is at santa's workshop getting getting remodded for an AGP Twin Turbo kit. 421WHP/401WTQ
1killer_SS is offline   Reply With Quote