Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V8 LS3 / L99 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 03-03-2015, 07:40 PM   #1
Beckmann2420
Infantry leads the way!

Drives: 2012 SW L99 2SS/RS
Talking DD with full open NOWEEDS...

So here I am to show my happiness from a recent NOWEEDS installation. The sound is absolutely amazing! I love it! I think I can finally say that I am happy with the loudness of the car now. Am I alone with this thought or am I crazy?

My car is a DD and im debating on if I should run with them full open all the time. Obviously there is the legal aspect. Im sure most cops wont appreciate this wonderful sound. I guess the good thing is I can go from "loud and thunderous" to "loud" if need be.

I live in an apartment complex and leave for work in the morning at around 0530, so obviously I will keep them closed... until after I leave the parking lot! I wont be "that guy" to piss everyone off in the morning and late at night, even though im sure before the NOWEEDS it was still loud with Cam, LTs, and Borla ATAK catback.

Is there any downsides running the NOWEEDS full open all the time besides the legal aspect? Who else here that has cutouts/NOWEEDS runs them full open all the time? Or just at the dragstrip? I have heard that there is a slight increase in hp/tq with them open as well.

Would also like to thank Steve at NOWEEDS for the awesome customer service and product!

Vid can be seen here: http://youtu.be/NhMsKlyD2lQ (I don't know how to put it directly in the message... I .) This video gives the real sound of NOWEEDS no justice at all. Sorry for the shaky video. There is a high pitched noise that can be heard and its the overhang in the parking lot vibrating because it is so loud lol. Its kind of weird, but in the video it sounds louder after I close the diverters.

I finally managed to close them at about 00:54 of the video. Ill try to take a better video at a different location and try to get some side angles of where the exhaust is actually coming out... instead of standing in the back like an idiot lol. Was in a rush to get inside and eat dinner.
Attached Images

Borla ATAK Catback
C.A.I CAI
JRE Scoop
Elite Catch Can
Bo White Ported Throttle Body
PFADT Tri-Y Long Tube Headers
High Flow Cats
NOWEEDS
GPI VVT SS3 Cam
Circle D 3800 Torque Converter
Tuned by Southwest Speed

Last edited by Beckmann2420; 03-03-2015 at 08:32 PM.
Beckmann2420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2015, 07:44 PM   #2
flyinglow57

Drives: rumble bee,2SS 6sp
i run mine open all the time tsp cam long tubes and no cats custom cutouts right before mufflers. no problems beside loud.

you having stock manifolds and cats, there will be no problems reliability wise.

edit sorry just looked quick thought that was a stock cat. you still will be fine i bet it sounds good though i bet it resinates alot from under the car, thats why i decided to do mine all the way in the rear
Old 03-03-2015, 07:45 PM   #3
revived
Vrrrm.

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS LS3
If you ever get the chance pull your cats and try off road pipes. It gets even louder lol

Have fun, nice mod list

revived is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2015, 08:14 PM   #4
camguynj

Drives: '13 SS/RS LS3 BRM Cammed NPP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beckmann2420 View Post
So here I am to show my happiness from a recent NOWEEDS installation. The sound is absolutely amazing! I love it! I think I can finally say that I am happy with the loudness of the car now. Am I alone with this thought or am I crazy?

My car is a DD and im debating on if I should run with them full open all the time. Obviously there is the legal aspect. Im sure most cops wont appreciate this wonderful sound. I guess the good thing is I can go from "loud and thunderous" to "loud" if need be.

I live in an apartment complex and leave for work in the morning at around 0530, so obviously I will keep them closed... until after I leave the parking lot! I wont be "that guy" to piss everyone off in the morning and late at night, even though im sure before the NOWEEDS it was still loud with Cam, LTs, and Borla ATAK catback.

Is there any downsides running the NOWEEDS full open all the time besides the legal aspect? Who else here that has cutouts/NOWEEDS runs them full open all the time? Or just at the dragstrip? I have heard that there is a slight increase in hp/tq with them open as well.

I have a video from my phone, but like always, it does it ZERO justice. Not to mention my phone is being retarded right now and isn't syncing to my computer. Once it finally decides to work, ill upload the video.
Com'on don't tease us ...post a vid !
camguynj is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2015, 08:34 PM   #5
Beckmann2420
Infantry leads the way!

Quote:
Originally Posted by revived View Post
If you ever get the chance pull your cats and try off road pipes. It gets even louder lol

Have fun, nice mod list
Thanks! Its been an expensive journey so far! Meh, I thought about it when I first got the headers, and from what ive researched there isn't really much to gain from going catless. HFCs flow just as well. Plus I wont get the smell of running catless. The Borla ATAK is somewhat raspy and I didn't want to be upset going catless and making it even more raspy. I also don't want to have to worry about any kind of inspection/emission testing I may have to deal with in not just Texas, but any other state I will have to move to.

Quote:
Originally Posted by camguynj View Post
Com'on don't tease us ...post a vid !
My poor excuse for a video is up! Going to try and get a better one soon.

Borla ATAK Catback
C.A.I CAI
JRE Scoop
Elite Catch Can
High Flow Cats
NOWEEDS
GPI VVT SS3 Cam
Tuned by Southwest Speed
Old 03-03-2015, 09:29 PM   #6
Skogen
Hell Yea!

Drives: 1969 Chevelle SS & 2012 2SSRS M6
Of course Metallica playing in the background does not hurt either!

2012 Camaro 2SS/RS Crystal Red Tintcoat - AGP 54/57 Twin Turbo with Meth injection. 704 RWHP.
2015 Chevrolet 2500 LTZ
1969 Chevelle SS396 - Numbers matching
Skogen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2015, 09:36 PM   #7
Beckmann2420
Infantry leads the way!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skogen View Post
Of course Metallica playing in the background does not hurt either!

Damn right! After driving with them fully open, I now realize im going to have to blast Metallica even louder than before!

Borla ATAK Catback
C.A.I CAI
JRE Scoop
Elite Catch Can
High Flow Cats
NOWEEDS
GPI VVT SS3 Cam
Tuned by Southwest Speed
Old 03-04-2015, 06:45 AM   #8
PalmerGA

Drives: 2013 SIM 1SS/RS L99
Sounds great! But I'm glad you don't live on my street.
2013 1SS/RS Coupe L99, Stainless Power Works LT Headers, SCT X4 Custom Tune from RDP, CAI Inc. Air Intake w/ Apex Scoop, VMAX CNC Ported Throttle Body, Solo Axle-Back Exhaust w/ J-pipes, Apex Catch Can, Husky Splash Guards, Heritage Grille, 3D Carbon Rear Spoiler, Oracle Chrome Turn Signal Bulbs, GM Reverse Light Trim Billets, Gorilla Black Locking Lugs, Emblem Pros Retro SS Badges/Custom Retro SS Kickplates/Under-hood Bowtie, 35% window Tint, Nitto Motivo Tires (6-8-18)
PalmerGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2015, 12:33 PM   #9
Texas_RS

Drives: 2013 1LE/SS
On my "must have" list!
Current mods: Stainless Power Long Tube Headers,Cat Delete,CAI Cold Air Intake,Vitesse throttle controller, Muffler/Resonator Delete w/dual tips. ADM Performance Tuned,BMR 1.25 lowering springs,R1 Concept Slotted/Dimpled Rotors.
Texas_RS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2015, 12:07 AM   #10
Ivan @ Southwest Speed

Drives: '15 Z06, '01 NBM SS, '97 SS
Sounds Uber Better sir. Bravo!

Ivan @ Southwest Speed
Ivan @ Southwest Speed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2015, 08:23 AM   #11
Homeless Man
Homeless Life Chose Me

Drives: LS3 (sold 4/21)
Lol I think your finger was covering mic or something because it's louder after you close them.
Homeless Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2015, 04:55 PM   #12
Beckmann2420
Infantry leads the way!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Homeless Man View Post
Lol I think your finger was covering mic or something because it's louder after you close them.
Ya that could be. I'm not very "hip" with these smartphones. I finally got my 1st one a few months ago haha. I'm going to get another video and hopefully it shows how loud it actually is. Doubt it though.

Borla ATAK Catback
C.A.I CAI
JRE Scoop
Elite Catch Can
High Flow Cats
NOWEEDS
GPI VVT SS3 Cam
Tuned by Southwest Speed