Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Regional Forums > USA - Texas

Old 06-03-2010, 08:52 PM   #1
Synergy SATX
Mike and Debbie

Drives: 2014 Corvette Stingray 3LT Z51
*Whew* I looked fast, good thing I wasn't in

Ohio
Old 06-03-2010, 09:06 PM   #2
Russo
Unofficial Glass Tech

Drives: 2014 Ford F150 FX2
Send a message via Yahoo to Russo
Innocent until PROVEN guilt surpasses this... just as here in Louisiana they passed a law that says if you deny a blood alcohol test your license is revoked for 1 year, the 4th ammendment surpasses it, but most people don't know the Constitution..
Russo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2010, 06:45 AM   #3
Autobot
More than meets the eye

Drives: 2SS RS M6 06 Jetta TDI 17 Civic EXL
Quote:
Originally Posted by Synergy SATX View Post
Yeah I saw something on the news here that they can still write you a ticket if they feel you were driving too fast...the New Camaro looks fast sitting still so I guess we are all screwed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russo View Post
Innocent until PROVEN guilt surpasses this... just as here in Louisiana they passed a law that says if you deny a blood alcohol test your license is revoked for 1 year, the 4th ammendment surpasses it, but most people don't know the Constitution..
In some cities around here if you refuse a breathalyzer they can get a court order to draw blood against your will to prove your guilty
Autobot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2010, 07:41 AM   #4
CamaroSkooter
Retarded One-Legged Owl

Drives: 2010 Black Camaro 2SS
Yeah, this was posted here already, but that thread is getting kind of heated.

I can kind of understand both sides of the coin on this one. In the SAPD, there are many squad cars that don't have any radar equipment installed because they're not used by traffic enforcement officers. But if an officer observes an obvious speeding infraction, I'm fairly sure they are obligated to stop that individual. Now, Doug might be able to confirm or deny that for me, but it seems plausible to me.

And given the fact that visual estimation of speed was the only way to write tickets before radar was around makes me think the majority of the hooplah surrounding this just looks like little kids throwing temper tantrums really.

Now, with that being said, I fully agree that it doesn't seem logical for a traffic officer these days to be writing any speeding ticket based solely on visual estimation. They have the technology, why wouldn't they use it? In my above example, I would understand if the officer pulled over the speeding individual, but in that particular instance, it would make more sense to forgo the speeding charge and simply cite them for wreckless driving.
CamaroSkooter is offline   Reply With Quote