Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions

Old 02-14-2010, 01:29 AM   #1
TaylorRyanSS
COTW: 12/13/10

Drives: 1969 Camaro
What should I have gotten from the dealer?

I ordered today and all the dealer gave me was a photocopy of my check for the deposit. Wasn't I supposed to get a tracking number or something?

"Are you one of those boys who prefer cars to women? - I'm one of those boys that appreciates a fine body, regardless of the make."
1969 CAMARO JOURNAL: http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=341239 | FACEBOOK: http://www.facebook.com/taylor.ryan.apt | GRAPHIC DESIGN: www.aptdesigns.net
TaylorRyanSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2010, 01:34 AM   #2
tru imperial blu
4 8 15 16 23 42

Drives: ibm 1lt/rs
i ordered recently too. to my understanding they give you a temporary tracking number prbly a week after they enter it into the system and you use that number to track it online. then when the car is actually being made u get a vin #. my dealer said it would be about a week after they put it into the system that they get any sort of # u can identify your car with
tru imperial blu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2010, 01:46 AM   #3
TaylorRyanSS

Quote:
Originally Posted by tru imperial blu View Post
i ordered recently too. to my understanding they give you a temporary tracking number prbly a week after they enter it into the system and you use that number to track it online. then when the car is actually being made u get a vin #. my dealer said it would be about a week after they put it into the system that they get any sort of # u can identify your car with
ok so in a week they will probably give me a number?

"Are you one of those boys who prefer cars to women? - I'm one of those boys that appreciates a fine body, regardless of the make."
1969 CAMARO JOURNAL: http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=341239 | FACEBOOK: http://www.facebook.com/taylor.ryan.apt | GRAPHIC DESIGN: www.aptdesigns.net
Old 02-14-2010, 01:54 AM   #4
tru imperial blu
4 8 15 16 23 42

prbly i would call them up just to make sure how they do it. my dealer puts orders into the system every thursday and i ordered last Wednesday so i know they have it in now. if your dealer does it on thursdays too its probably not in the system yet. so again, i would call tomorrow and see how they do things. this is a learning experience for me also. but i love this car.
Old 02-14-2010, 01:54 AM   #5
UnknownWarrior
GM Employee

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by TaylorRyan74 View Post
ok so in a week they will probably give me a number?
i got my tracking number the day i ordered my car, i would call and ask him for it
Old 02-14-2010, 01:55 AM   #6
TaylorRyanSS

Quote:
prbly i would call them up just to make sure how they do it. my dealer puts orders into the system every thursday and i ordered last Wednesday so i know they have it in now. if your dealer does it on thursdays too its probably not in the system yet. so again, i would call tomorrow and see how they do things. this is a learning experience for me also. but i love this car.
Ok cool thanks. I drove one for the first time today it was awesome!

Old 02-14-2010, 01:55 AM   #7
TaylorRyanSS

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnknownWarrior View Post
i got my tracking number the day i ordered my car, i would call and ask him for it
Yeah I am calling tomorrow

Old 02-14-2010, 01:58 AM   #8
tru imperial blu
4 8 15 16 23 42

Quote:
ok with this info that changes everything. now i will also call my dealer tomorrow and see whats up
Old 02-14-2010, 02:04 AM   #9
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

Drives: 2014 ZL1 #705
Quote:

Quote:
ok with this info that changes everything. now i will also call my dealer tomorrow and see whats up
To my knowledge, as soon as they press enter, you should get an order number...that's how it worked for me as well.
TAG UR IT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2010, 02:09 AM   #10
tru imperial blu
4 8 15 16 23 42

wait i think they arent open on sunday well anyway i put my order in a day before they actually put it into the system so i should have gotten a call by now
Old 02-14-2010, 02:26 AM   #11
gdarrah99

Drives: 2010 Black/Black 2SS/RS
Once they have placed the order, they should be able to send/fax you a copy of the order workbench. This will show exactly what you ordered, along with your order number.

Then, go off to camarotracking.com and enter your order number to keep track of it! You'll be able to track it through the statuses until it's built.

If they can't give you an order number within a day or so, then you may want to find out why. If they've taken your money, they should be able to give you an order number.
gdarrah99 is offline   Reply With Quote