Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Forced Induction - V8

Old 02-26-2015, 12:11 PM   #1
Frans96ss

Drives: 96SS
F1R 408... KILLER torque

We built this car for a customer looking to go FAST with a 6 speed C6. He has already been 9.7@147 with a little over 700rwhp on his stock ls2.

Stock Motor Vette Strikes Again with 9.7s - Race Proven Motorsports - YouTube

We build him a 408 iron block with Advanced induction ported LS3 heads, Custom cam by us, Stock LS3 intake. A&A direct drive setup with an F1R procharger along with a Procharger race C6 intercooler. Im very happy with the numbers. My main goal was to have his make killer torque and I feel we did that. Setup right now is on 20psi. We will leave it there for now and get some numbers on the track then prob hit it with a little nitrous.

F1R Procharged 408 - YouTube
Frans96ss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2015, 12:54 PM   #2
jrpxxii

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS 427ci
This has be fake because a centri cant make torque. Yeah right, this is so far from the truth and this forum has been beat to death claiming centris don't make torque, well here is just another awesome setup showing a centri makes enough torque to give anyone a permagrin. Its true they don't make as much instant torque as a roots but I think people on here have been told so many times that a centri doesn't and most of the time its from people who have no idea and never even experienced a centri car. Im a huge centri fan and I have owned roots blowers as well and once I got the feel of a centri I never looked back. Awesome build guys and I wish we saw more people on here giving a centri a try and I think we would have ALOT more guys and gals choosing a centri for their builds.
Old 02-26-2015, 01:29 PM   #3
Bo White

Drives: 2015 Summit White 2SS 1LE
Great numbers on both videos. So the first video is cam only with the procharger?
2010 1SS Wilkes Performance/Eagle 416 shortblock, TSP custom valvetrain, PRC 260 heads, Edelbrock Pro Flo 102, th400 swap, 8" PTC 5500 stall= 535/435 at the wheels tuned Gen 3 Performance and Dyno 10.97 @ 124 full weight in 3100 DA CamaroFest X
Bo White is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2015, 01:29 PM   #4
Frans96ss

Drives: 96SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrpxxii View Post
This has be fake because a centri cant make torque. Yeah right, this is so far from the truth and this forum has been beat to death claiming centris don't make torque, well here is just another awesome setup showing a centri makes enough torque to give anyone a permagrin. Its true they don't make as much instant torque as a roots but I think people on here have been told so many times that a centri doesn't and most of the time its from people who have no idea and never even experienced a centri car. Im a huge centri fan and I have owned roots blowers as well and once I got the feel of a centri I never looked back. Awesome build guys and I wish we saw more people on here giving a centri a try and I think we would have ALOT more guys and gals choosing a centri for their builds.
Its all about building the right thought out setup.... When people bounce around from shop to shop with diff suggestions the end result is always less then if they went to an experienced shop from the get go.
Frans96ss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2015, 01:33 PM   #5
RSBAD454
Procharged

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
Send a message via Yahoo to RSBAD454
Quote:
I concur, I love my Procharger!
Old 02-26-2015, 01:34 PM   #6
jrpxxii

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frans96ss View Post
Its all about building the right thought out setup.... When people bounce around from shop to shop with diff suggestions the end result is always less then if they went to an experienced shop from the get go.
Couldn't have been said better and I was guilty of this with my first build and not doing my research and finding the right shop for my car. I found the right shop for me and my car and wish I had done this right the first time. All of us are guilty wanting to save a penny but the best advice is pay a little more and know its done right and it will be cheaper in the long run.
Old 02-26-2015, 02:59 PM   #7
Bo White

Drives: 2015 Summit White 2SS 1LE
Agreed. No one races at 2000 rpm.
Mine isn't a procharger but it's a centri
Attached Images

2010 1SS Wilkes Performance/Eagle 416 shortblock, TSP custom valvetrain, PRC 260 heads, Edelbrock Pro Flo 102, th400 swap, 8" PTC 5500 stall= 535/435 at the wheels tuned Gen 3 Performance and Dyno 10.97 @ 124 full weight in 3100 DA CamaroFest X
Bo White is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2015, 02:59 PM   #8
Nitroman28

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS 416/4L80
Quote:
Better be careful. Unreal will be in here preaching about turbos like he does in every thread.

For the short time my motor lasted with the F1 I had plenty of torque and I switched from a Maggie. Once I get my 418 in it will have plenty again.
Nitroman28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2015, 04:22 PM   #9
MonteSS

Drives: 2010 1SS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bo White View Post
My thoughts exactly. More power than a roots, no lag unlike a turbo.
D1 Procharger
Blower Cam
Long Tubes
Alky Control Meth
Tuning by Shane Hinds
Built by STG Motorsports
MonteSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2015, 04:50 PM   #10
jrpxxii

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bo White View Post
Very nice looking graph there Bo White.
Old 02-26-2015, 04:51 PM   #11
jrpxxii

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nitroman28 View Post
Better be careful. Unreal will be in here preaching about turbos like he does in every thread.

For the short time my motor lasted with the F1 I had plenty of torque and I switched from a Maggie. Once I get my 418 in it will have plenty again.
LOL and the F1r is definitely a very fun blower. Don't hate on Unreal too much he does have good knowledge and helpful in most instances even if he is a turbo lover
Old 02-26-2015, 05:46 PM   #12
JMI

Drives: Red Jewel Camaro SS
Very nice numbers.
JMI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2015, 06:05 PM   #13
Nitroman28

Quote:
LOL and the F1r is definitely a very fun blower. Don't hate on Unreal too much he does have good knowledge and helpful in most instances even if he is a turbo lover
No hate here, He is definitely very knowledgeable.
Old 02-26-2015, 06:07 PM   #14
Nitroman28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frans96ss View Post
We built this car for a customer looking to go FAST with a 6 speed C6. He has already been 9.7@147 with a little over 700rwhp on his stock ls2.

Stock Motor Vette Strikes Again with 9.7s - Race Proven Motorsports - YouTube

We build him a 408 iron block with Advanced induction ported LS3 heads, Custom cam by us, Stock LS3 intake. A&A direct drive setup with an F1R procharger along with a Procharger race C6 intercooler. Im very happy with the numbers. My main goal was to have his make killer torque and I feel we did that. Setup right now is on 20psi. We will leave it there for now and get some numbers on the track then prob hit it with a little nitrous.

F1R Procharged 408 - YouTube
Anymore info you can share of the build? Internals,cam,etc..