Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 08-08-2011, 10:09 AM   #1
joeysSS

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS/RS
Fun or something else?

Yesterday my husband was driving my SS (I know, right?) and we came across a Crossfire on the hwy and passed him. My hubby definitely drives my car like he stole it so this CF comes hauling up behind us and is on our ass. My husband speeds up to well over 100. So does the CF. We get over in the "slow" lane and he blows by us so there goes my hubby and we do this back and forth, kind of fun thing. We exit off the hwy and this guy follows and and pulls up next to us at a red light and starts reving up, so off we go again. I finally have had enough and we pull into a random lot and this guy follows us. At this point we are not sure what his intentions are, he hasn't ever smiled or given a thumbs up or anything. We zag through a couple of parking lots until he finally goes on but it was just kind of weird. I was hoping it would be like a"cool car type of thing" but we both had this feeling he wasn't going to do that. Just so ya know, those Crossfires are pretty darn quick. I will say that we got him on the hwy but I still think my SS should have more power. So does my husband. Hoping the CAI will do the trick.

joeysSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2011, 10:14 AM   #2
bhall82
Account Suspended

Drives: 2011 SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeysSS View Post
Yesterday my husband was driving my SS (I know, right?) and we came across a Crossfire on the hwy and passed him. My hubby definitely drives my car like he stole it so this CF comes hauling up behind us and is on our ass. My husband speeds up to well over 100. So does the CF. We get over in the "slow" lane and he blows by us so there goes my hubby and we do this back and forth, kind of fun thing. We exit off the hwy and this guy follows and and pulls up next to us at a red light and starts reving up, so off we go again. I finally have had enough and we pull into a random lot and this guy follows us. At this point we are not sure what his intentions are, he hasn't ever smiled or given a thumbs up or anything. We zag through a couple of parking lots until he finally goes on but it was just kind of weird. I was hoping it would be like a"cool car type of thing" but we both had this feeling he wasn't going to do that. Just so ya know, those Crossfires are pretty darn quick. I will say that we got him on the hwy but I still think my SS should have more power. So does my husband. Hoping the CAI will do the trick.

Joey IMO I don't think you will get the performance you are looking for out of a CAI. Especially for the money they don't help much. Just trying to save you several hundred dollars.
bhall82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2011, 10:14 AM   #3
The Stig
knows 2 facts about ducks

Drives: ...and they're both wrong
I understand that you were just having fun, but please don't street race. It's a stupid and reckless thing to do, especially when on public roads.
Old 08-08-2011, 10:23 AM   #4
sw1ssauto

Drives: 2012 1SS
First I would never pullover to confront another driver unless I was at a police station or near a cop. There are just to many wacked out angry people around.

To the Crossfire, you probably came across a wolf in sheeps clothing in the form of a SRT6 model. 330 hp in a car weighing 3200ibs. Yes they are fast.
sw1ssauto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2011, 10:26 AM   #5
heRS
Raised by Wolves

Drives: IBM 2010 2LT RS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by stieger View Post
I understand that you were just having fun, but please don't street race. It's a stupid and reckless thing to do, especially when on public roads.

your local speed shop can help you with some ideas for extra power but then, please take it to the track.

heRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2011, 10:32 AM   #6
TOMS1SS

Drives: NA
Must have been an SRT-6.
TOMS1SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2011, 10:34 AM   #7
bhall82
Account Suspended

Drives: 2011 SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by heRS View Post

your local speed shop can help you with some ideas for extra power but then, please take it to the track.

Why should I go to Z-Max which is four wide racing. When I can hit I-85 thats 4 wide racing to and not 30 mins away. LOL jk jk
bhall82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2011, 10:35 AM   #8
Nightfall
"To Punish And Enslave"

Drives: B E RS GBA #72541 3564 CC 220 CI
the camaro is a quick car but you be suprized what is faster i would never turn the crossfire down it is a beast just dont look like it sounds like road rage to me best thing to do slow down let him go on if he does not drive the speed limit call the cops get his plates cause road rage is what gets people killed

C.A.M.A.R.O- Constantly Adding Modifications Addiction Relentless Obsession
90% canadian 10% mexican 100% american muscle :flag2:
Nightfall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2011, 01:58 PM   #9
cab2g
love. my. car.

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS
in before the lock!

but seriously, you did the right thing by not stopping. You never know what someone's intentions were.
Old 08-08-2011, 02:00 PM   #10
xXSilencerXx
Butter Bar!

Drives: 2011 SS, 1998 Trans Am
Quote:
Originally Posted by sw1ssauto View Post
First I would never pullover to confront another driver unless I was at a police station or near a cop. There are just to many wacked out angry people around.

To the Crossfire, you probably came across a wolf in sheeps clothing in the form of a SRT6 model. 330 hp in a car weighing 3200ibs. Yes they are fast.
And still get drug by my Trans Am. They aren't that fast.
xXSilencerXx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2011, 02:09 PM   #11
joeysSS

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS/RS
I wouldn't have gone that fast for that period of a time but I was merely a passenger so besides the wife bitching from the passenger seat, there wasn't much I could do. Damn SRT-6's........But the Camaro is just a pissed off looking car. It really should go faster with a face like that!

joeysSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2011, 02:13 PM   #12
TSSUNAMI
It was ninety nine cents!

Drives: 2014 Jeep Wrangler
Driver ability comes into play too. The Crossfire could have been modded as well. Probably hard to tell at 100MPH on the freeway.

Definitely a good idea not to stop, not a great idea to play in traffic either, I can't preach because I've done it before, but if something goes wrong or you get caught it can get ugly very quickly.)

OH! IBTL!!!!!! hehe.
Old 08-08-2011, 02:33 PM   #13
1BADLS3

Drives: Sold: 2011 2SS/RS
Already been said -- not cool on public roads.

Regular CF's are dogs...I think they only came with a N/A 3.5L V6 and they were pretty heavy for what they were. They're worth literally nothing on the used market in standard trim.
1BADLS3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2011, 03:46 PM   #14
CAMARO-ECSTASY

Drives: 1999 Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeysSS View Post
I wouldn't have gone that fast for that period of a time but I was merely a passenger so besides the wife bitching from the passenger seat, there wasn't much I could do. Damn SRT-6's........But the Camaro is just a pissed off looking car. It really should go faster with a face like that!
lol
CAMARO-ECSTASY is offline   Reply With Quote