Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Regional Forums > USA - New England

Old 05-01-2012, 07:28 PM   #1
2010CamaroRS
Driver of the Blue Demon

Drives: '15 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited
GoodGuys East Coast Nationals

this year is right out here in West Springfield....I'm bringing my car by for the Sunday get-together since the show is for Pre-1972...but theres a free autox for participants!

http://www.good-guys.com/events/2012...?category_id=2

The Few, The Proud, The Hyper Blue Metallics

DT shorties.BBK Intake.FlowMaster AT.Eibach 1'' drop.Hurst Short Throw (44% reduction).Unrestricted Motorsports Gen 1 Style Rear Spoiler.Custom Aqua Blue Metallic Interior Panels.RS Embroidered Head Rests.Interior LED by Oracle.Illuminated Bowtie by Oracle.Footwell LED by Oracle.Grille LED by Oracle.Functional Headliner Console Toggle Switches for LED Lighting.Aqua Blue Engine Cover.RotoFab Radiator Cover.Aqua Blue Fuse Box Cover from RPI Designs.Much More
2010CamaroRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 08:10 PM   #2
chevy 3
NEcamaro5

Drives: Black 2ss rs 1LE
Was checking this out. What do you think ?
chevy 3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 10:58 AM   #3
2010CamaroRS
Driver of the Blue Demon

im in...$30 bucks for the show...includes admission and a free autox....goodguys put on a tremendous show....and theres sure to be some absolutely ridiculous rides there

DT shorties.BBK Intake.FlowMaster AT.Eibach 1'' drop.Hurst Short Throw (44% reduction).Unrestricted Motorsports Gen 1 Style Rear Spoiler.Custom Aqua Blue Metallic Interior Panels.RS Embroidered Head Rests.Interior LED by Oracle.Illuminated Bowtie by Oracle.Footwell LED by Oracle.Grille LED by Oracle.Functional Headliner Console Toggle Switches for LED Lighting.Aqua Blue Engine Cover.RotoFab Radiator Cover.Aqua Blue Fuse Box Cover from RPI Designs.Much More
Old 05-02-2012, 12:02 PM   #4
chevy 3
NEcamaro5

Drives: Black 2ss rs 1LE
I think I herd that each day is a dif area. Meaning the realy old on Friday then the 60+ on sat and newer cars on Sunday. But maybe I mis understood. I'd like to do this also do we need to pre reg ?
chevy 3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 08:52 PM   #5
2010CamaroRS
Driver of the Blue Demon

no print out the coupon and its 30 at the gate...im gunna try to push to get in free with my ESE connections

Old 05-02-2012, 08:54 PM   #6
Northeast Rod Run

Drives: 1969 Camaro
I've been a Good Guys member along with a member of the NSRA for a number of years

While Good Guys "Get Togethers" are open to all years of cars, the Good Guys shows are open to only 1972 and older models, for the whole event (3 days).

Last year they started opening up certain select shows on Sundays, to late model American, or American powered cars. This year they opened up "Super Sundays" at all their shows to allow late models, as a way to bring in more people and money, because a lot of the showcars hit the road home early on Sunday morning, so the place empties out a bit. On Sunday they put the late models a designated area and while they are allowed to run the auto-x, it's for exibition only.

Saturday is THE DAY to hit a Good Guys show, as it is with most big shows

I should be there all weekend with my '69 Camaro
Old 06-04-2012, 06:53 PM   #7
Northeast Rod Run

My plans for this weekend have now changed.

My 2004 GTO has been invited to participate in their special indoor show for the entire weekend. I have to load in and set up on Thursday afternoon and the car doesn't move until the entire show is over at the end of the day on Sunday

because of this I have reserved a hotel room for the entire weekend at the Mariott across the river
Old 06-04-2012, 09:48 PM   #8
2010CamaroRS
Driver of the Blue Demon

how? i thought 72 or older

Old 06-04-2012, 10:52 PM   #9
Northeast Rod Run

They gave out special invites to some late model cars for the indoor show. This is what I'm putting in the show

Old 06-05-2012, 07:10 AM   #10
2010CamaroRS
Driver of the Blue Demon

hmm well mines 1 of 3610...but im sure they dont know that lol

Old 06-05-2012, 08:40 AM   #11
Northeast Rod Run

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2010CamaroRS View Post
hmm well mines 1 of 3610...but im sure they dont know that lol
LOL!!! Mine is 1 of 1014, and that's before I touched it

Good Guys is just one of those associations that bases all their decisions on a "coolness factor". That's what makes them so much better than a lot of shows.

Granted, the new Camaros are cool cars, but when it comes to a big show like this, 90% of the new ones are like belly buttons now. How many people just change their wheels, their headlights and put stickers on their cars and think it all of a sudden that it's a "show car"? That stuff can be done in a Saturday afternoon.

If you look at things that way... how can they enforcibly draw the line at saying 'yes' to new stock Camaros and then say 'no' to a stock Mailbu or Cobalt? I'm with Good Guys on this one.

With that being said (and I hope I didn't offend anyone), I hope there are some OVER THE TOP new Camaros at the show.

Just show up on Sunday. Your car is totally welcome, WITHOUT QUESTION, on that day. I'm hoping to see lots of modified new cars that day.
Old 06-05-2012, 08:46 AM   #12
Northeast Rod Run

With Good Guys own rules, they actually lose out on some big national players when it comes to great show cars.

Hell, some of the best Auto-X drivers in the country, that are personal friends of the Good Guys, can't even compete except in exibition racing, because their cars are 1973 or newer. Mary Pozzi being the first name that comes to mind

I know a lot of people get pissed about stuff like that, but you have to respect an organization that sticks to it's guns like that.
Old 06-05-2012, 10:59 AM   #13
2010CamaroRS
Driver of the Blue Demon

r-e-s-p-e-c-t for sure...but for seasoned auto guys like them...you would think they would appreciate the worksmanship and tastefulness of the mods I've done....my car was already worthy of one indoor show...one of the biggest on the east coast....and NEARLY chosen for Frank Marratta....it is so far from stock its ridiculous...over the top...no...not yet...its tasteful...and two years later...im still getting comments on the color....

if my car is a "belly button"....its so full of flashy jewelry...it cannot be duplicated

Old 06-05-2012, 11:22 AM   #14
Northeast Rod Run

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2010CamaroRS View Post
if my car is a "belly button"....its so full of flashy jewelry...it cannot be duplicated
I hope you aren't getting the wrong impression of my posts? I was hoping that as I was typing them, but still wanted to carry on the conversation

As far as the "belly button" comment goes.... If you've done a lot of stuff, I'm sure it's not the usual "belly button", but I would think you know exactly what I'm talking about?

Like I said, bring yours in on Sunday. They still give awards for the Sunday Get Together. Just understand that Good Guys in not about trophies and "regular" judging. They pretty much pride themselves on that fact. Them, along with the NSRA are much more about giving "drivers" special awards, over just giving them all to the high dollar trailer queens

Lots of Good guys awards don't even come from the Good Guys themselves. Lots of the sponsers give out specialty awards. If someone goes to one of these events looking for a trophy, then they are at the wrong type of event.

I can't wait. It's only just about one more week