Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetic Maintenance: Washing, Waxing, Detailing, Bodywork, Protection

Old 11-27-2012, 05:46 PM   #1
ihaveacamaro
I like teeth.

Drives: #198
Pinnacle Waterless Wash with Carnauba Review

Made a quick video review for those of you who don't like reading

http://tinyurl.com/c3mz4ke

Pinnacle Liquid Crystal Waterless Wash with Carnauba Review

I've been using this waterless wash product since it was introduced about a month ago, and it has been great enough to warrant writing a review.

Product found here:

http://www.autopia-carcare.com/water...-carnauba.html

I bought the concentrate for it's value. I have a 128 oz Pinnacle WW concentrate that I got for $60. That 1 gallon makes 32 gallons of WW solution. I use about 1/4 a gallon a wash, twice a week. So that ends up to about 1/2 gallon a week, 2 gallons a month, 24 gallons a year.

With that math, me washing my car TWICE a week will cost $60 for 1 year and 3 months.

Pretty cost effective to me!

Product:

Preparation:

Instructions say to dilute 1 part concentrate to 32 parts water. I dilute 1:31. The easiest way I have found to do this is get a gallon of distilled water. Pour out 4 oz in a measuring cup. Refill the gallon of water to top with Pinnacle WW concentrate. Presto, you have a gallon of the diluted mix!

I use a pump sprayer from Lowe's as it saves me having to work out my hand using spray triggers... "work smart, not hard"

Initial Conditions:

I'm doing this review on my spoiler, because it is flat, and easily gets dirty. It's the perfect test panel for this sort of product.

Dirty:

The spoiler is dirty, but not overly so. In my opinion, if it were any dirtier I would have to pull out the 2 buckets or pressure wash it first.

Application:

Spray on, spread it out, wipe (buff) it off.

MF towel used was the Cobra Deluxe 600. This and the Cobra Supreme 530 are my favorite towels for waterless washes.

Deluxe 600 after one pass after application of waterless wash:

Spoiler cleaned

Some observations:

Ultima waterless wash plus concentrate was my favorite waterless wash... until now. Pinnacle has definitely taken over. I was afraid that the Pinnacle having carnauba would make it less potent as a cleaner, but that is not the case in my opinion.

The wax in there is definitely no slouch either. As you can see in the pictures, it produced some nice reflections.

And I have to say that the smell is AMAZING!!... anyone up for some pina coladas?

Like all waterless washes, not just this one, if your car is too dirty, you can not use this product. Weekly or biweekly application is strongly recommended with any waterless wash!

Pros:
  • Price
  • Cleaning/Waxing Ability is Good
  • Smell
  • Speed (normal 2 bucket wash takes me 1 to 2 hours, this takes me 30 minutes tops)
  • Convenience ie do it wherever you need to, just have product and MF towels and you can wash your car

Cons:
  • Sometimes requires buffing to fully remove the product, I assume because of the wax. This has never happened to me with UWW+
  • Wax lasts 1 week max
  • Getting very nitpicky here, but imo it has a gimmiky name, liquid crystals really? Um ok.

Conclusion:

All in all, the best waterless wash I have used to date. Even though it is not listed as such, I use it as a quick detailer if I need to. Being a waterless wash, it does everything a quick detailer does and more.

At $60 for over a year's worth of washes, twice a week, I'm extremely happy. Give it a try and you will be too!

Please check out my youtube detailing channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/roshan517

"When you want to succeed as bad as you want to breathe, then you will be successful."

Last edited by ihaveacamaro; 12-07-2012 at 10:25 AM.
ihaveacamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 05:52 PM   #2
bandier
Got mine!

Drives: 2021 LT1 RS - Orange Crush
cool thanks!
bandier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 11:27 PM   #3
CamaroDreams07

Drives: Slow V6
Did you notice any staining of trim or rubber with this, seeing as it has a carnauba element?

*Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety*
Old 11-28-2012, 12:23 AM   #4
ihaveacamaro
I like teeth.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroDreams07 View Post
Did you notice any staining of trim or rubber with this, seeing as it has a carnauba element?

*Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety*
none at all and I use it on all my windows and trim twice a week, so I definitely would've noticed if it had.

Please check out my youtube detailing channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/roshan517

"When you want to succeed as bad as you want to breathe, then you will be successful."
Old 11-28-2012, 12:27 AM   #5
Good_Times

Drives: red
Now you need to try CG EcoSmart .
Good_Times is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 12:27 AM   #6
CamaroDreams07

Quote:
Originally Posted by ihaveacamaro View Post
none at all and I use it on all my windows and trim twice a week, so I definitely would've noticed if it had.
Interesting. Thanks.

Old 11-28-2012, 01:43 PM   #7
Angelo@Autopia

Drives: 2014 Ford Focus ST
To the OP, great and honest review on this product. Thank you!
Angelo@Autopia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 06:26 AM   #8
Todd@Autopia

Drives: 2010 Mazdaspeed 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroDreams07 View Post

Carnauba, in and of itself, will not stain trim. Usually it other solids in the product (such as klay or abrasives) that will cause staining. Pinnacle LCWW will not stain trim the same as Souveran or Signature Series II waxes will not stain.
Todd@Autopia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 06:33 AM   #9
CamaroDreams07

Quote:
Originally Posted by Todd@Autopia View Post
Carnauba, in and of itself, will not stain trim. Usually it other solids in the product (such as klay or abrasives) that will cause staining. Pinnacle LCWW will not stain trim the same as Souveran or Signature Series II waxes will not stain.
Thanks for the clarification.

Old 12-07-2012, 10:06 AM   #10
WiSSDiver

Drives: 1968 Coupe, 2010 2SS, 2011 2SS/RS
Another one of their products I'm going to have to try in spring.

One of my favorite Pinnicle products is the XMT360. Try it after you've washed with WW. It also has the coconut smell and makes you want to break out the rum when you're finished.

Looks like I'll have an order ready for Todd in the spring for some Pinnicle products.

Op, great review!
Old 12-07-2012, 10:11 AM   #11
ihaveacamaro
I like teeth.

Made a quick video review for those of you who don't like reading

http://tinyurl.com/c3mz4ke

Old 12-07-2012, 10:13 AM   #12
ihaveacamaro
I like teeth.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rpomeroy View Post
Another one of their products I'm going to have to try in spring.

One of my favorite Pinnicle products is the XMT360. Try it after you've washed with WW. It also has the coconut smell and makes you want to break out the rum when you're finished.

Looks like I'll have an order ready for Todd in the spring for some Pinnicle products.

Op, great review!
Thanks!

I like XMT 360 for an AIO. But since I have opticoated my car, I don't really use it too much besides for other people and customers who want a one step.

Old 12-17-2012, 07:41 AM   #13
Todd@Autopia

Drives: 2010 Mazdaspeed 3
Great video as well!
Todd@Autopia is offline   Reply With Quote