Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V8 LS3 / L99 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 09-12-2014, 01:50 AM   #1
BIG NASST

Drives: 2013 2ss hotwheels
deep roar

I would like to put on 1 7/8 headers off road no cats into X into 3 inch and then straight pipes .I want a good deep rumble not concerned with neighbors or cops .nightfury cam what are pros and cons of this
BIG NASST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2014, 09:52 AM   #2
BubbaSS
WHAT RED LIGHT?!

Drives: 2011 Black Camaro 2SS/RS M6
Going to be rediculously loud...not necessarily a deep growl. Might have some raspiness to it. Although, you''ll have the cam, so it will sound bad ass regardless. Try to keep the RPM's at 750 in the tune, should help to get the sound you want.
2011 2SS/RS M6 BLACK - VARARAM NO TUNE INTAKE, MODDED AND PORTED TB, PORTED INTAKE MANIFOLD, VITESSE THROTTLE CONTROLLER, DOUG THORLEY LT'S, CATLESS, X-PIPE, 25" STAINLESS WORKS RETRO CHAMBERED MUFFLERS, CUSTOM 2.5" MANDREL BENT EXHAUST, RICHMOND 4.10 GEARS, CUSTOM CAM (231/242 @ 114LSA), MUSTANG DYNO TUNED BY TORQ, 20% CERAMIC TINTS, EIBACH PROKIT SPRINGS 1" DROP, HAWK PERFORMANCE CERAMIC BRAKES, NITTO INVO TIRES, HYDROCARBON TAIL LIGHT AND FOG LIGHT BEZELS BY EMBLEMPROS, METRA DASH KIT, JVC KW-AV71BT, PHOENIX GOLD iAMP GM1, PASSPORT QI45 - 450 RWHP 415 RWTQ
BubbaSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2014, 09:58 AM   #3
ST1LE

Drives: E92 BMW M3
Quote:
Originally Posted by BIG NASST View Post
I would like to put on 1 7/8 headers off road no cats into X into 3 inch and then straight pipes .I want a good deep rumble not concerned with neighbors or cops .nightfury cam what are pros and cons of this
Bleeding ears maybe....HAHAHA...I think high flow cats will make it deeper and less raspy honestly.
Old 09-12-2014, 10:18 AM   #4
JAX CAMARO

Drives: orange 2011 2SS/RS
What are your intentions with the car, pure race, cruise around ?? If you intend on cruising you will get tired of it quick. Go on the threads with the million different exhaust set ups with headers and cats, cam, no cats and so forth and you can see the difference.
ARH 1 7/8" Headers W/HFC, GM Performance Exhaust / K&N Typhoon CAI, Comp Custom Grind Dominator 3 Cam, Pioneer Dual Valve Springs, Trickflow Push rods, IWIS Timing Chain, Rapid Motorsports Tune, 496 RWHP
JAX CAMARO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2014, 11:45 AM   #5
GONIF

Drives: 73 VETTE ,, 05 2500hd diesel,14 1LE
I see red and blue flashing lights and hear sirens just thinking about driving a setup like that . Been there ,done that and it will get you tickets for sure.
Old 09-12-2014, 06:06 PM   #6
Iron Lung Jimmy

Drives: Iron Lung, Jimmy
It will be incredibly loud, raspy as hell, and drone enough to possibly make you puke.
Iron Lung Jimmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2014, 06:39 PM   #7
christianchevell
old school chevy rodder

Drives: 2013 2SS/RS Manual,DM exhaust,CRT
most after market cams will require a idle of 900 rpm to do well if they are aggressive. I have 1 7/8 with cats stock h pipe, and dual mode with a mild to wild so it is like straight through if I want it from idle to 3500, and yes it is a much louder without mufflers, I have a friend at work with out mufflers and 3" borla exhaust straight out, his I would say is not much if any more loud than mine and he has headers and a cam....if I open up my exhaust. 2 1/2" versus 3 is not going to make much difference. I am glad I can loose the drone on the freeway, and glad I can keep quieter when wanted in town and for sleeping people. If you just want loud all the time it can get old.
Old 09-12-2014, 07:10 PM   #8
EmeryZ28

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS/RS LS3
Quote:
It will be incredibly loud, raspy as hell, and drone enough to possibly make you puke.
for sure!
Old 09-12-2014, 10:11 PM   #9
BIG NASST

Thanks people my intentions are just to cruise but to let others know to think twice. I've had my car a year and just turned a 1000 miles.Im told the vararam will fit plus headers a cooler thermostat 8 mm plug wires the cam and tune . Speed inc in schaumburg I'll is doing it I don't know what to ask for. The way it takes off now feels right I don't want to lose anything by adding these things. I've also added 5 percent tint and hideaway light covers aqua blue close to kinetic with silver trim
Old 09-12-2014, 10:50 PM   #10
Dmpsix

Drives: Black L99 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by BIG NASST View Post
Thanks people my intentions are just to cruise but to let others know to think twice. I've had my car a year and just turned a 1000 miles.Im told the vararam will fit plus headers a cooler thermostat 8 mm plug wires the cam and tune . Speed inc in schaumburg I'll is doing it I don't know what to ask for. The way it takes off now feels right I don't want to lose anything by adding these things. I've also added 5 percent tint and hideaway light covers aqua blue close to kinetic with silver trim
Have you ever heard the Nightfury Cam in person? That sucker is LOUD with some muffler deletes.

I mean yeah if you want to go ridiculously loud, this is the setup you're looking for.
On the way to Camarofest, there was a guy running Nightfury cam with Kooks headers and kooks exhaust I believe... on the highway with our Camarovan, his was easily the loudest there.
Dmpsix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2014, 01:06 AM   #11
BIG NASST

Sweet

Last edited by BIG NASST; 09-13-2014 at 02:56 AM.
Old 09-13-2014, 07:37 AM   #12
christianchevell
old school chevy rodder

Drives: 2013 2SS/RS Manual,DM exhaust,CRT
sorry but hey my cam is better than night fury and yes their specs are never posted on here because like its top secret its just a name for a cam. My cam should be called the #1 raped ape on steroids cam then for tsp's best. .639/ .623 235/239 112 lsa. Others name their cams and its funny to me being a old hot rodder if you name it and act like its all that it usually is not. Take for instance, "the mutha thumpa" comp cam with mild spec's that in our cars should be a whole lot more to earn that name.
And yes muffler deletes are a ticket getter for sure if you ever get pulled over and then the LEO forces you to install mufflers and prove it in court, that's what makes having dual mode exhaust so nice.
Old 09-13-2014, 03:43 PM   #13
CGMMonster

Drives: CGM 1SS
Let me dig up my vid. I have that exact setup with a cam but just 2.5 pipes.....
CGMMonster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2014, 03:50 PM   #14
CGMMonster

Drives: CGM 1SS
Here is one on a cold start up. Keep in mind since it is in a garage the sound is amplified even more.

Here it is outside after being driven for awhile. Get compliments all the time for the setup. Luckily I live in OKlahoma and either there isn't a limit to the volume of the car OR cops don't enforce it.

CGMMonster is offline   Reply With Quote