Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetics and Lighting Modification Discussions

Old 02-26-2015, 08:46 PM   #1
megv17

Drives: 2012 Camaro LS
What do I need to install fog lights in my 2012 Camaro LS?

Hello! I just bought these: http://www.protuninglab.com/20chcaccaney.html and while I have my bumper off for installation, I would like to also install some fog lights. Can anyone tell me what I need to do so, what it would take to wire them up, and how to do it? I'm not super savvy on this stuff seeing as how this is the first car I've owned that I've wanted to put aftermarket features in. Though, I know my way around cars pretty well, so I could probably figure it out with a little help from you!

Also, I would like the fog lights to match my new headlights. I called the company I ordered them from, and she told me they were H9 halogens. But when I emailed them, they said they were H8s. I believe they are both white, so I'm okay with that. I just didn't want gold halogens with the white CCFL Halo.

Thanks in advance!!
megv17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2015, 02:19 PM   #2
Adam63impala

Drives: 63' chevy impalaSS , 12'Cam89'Cam
hey man whered you end up getting fog lights from? I need some good aftermarket ones.
Adam63impala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2015, 02:22 PM   #3
megv17

Drives: 2012 Camaro LS
I never did :( still looking. No one ever got back to me on what it is I need. They don't really look all that expensive though. I just wish I could see what they looked like mounted and on before I pulled the trigger
megv17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2015, 02:26 PM   #4
Adam63impala

Gotcha. well man I can tell you this, do not order anything from the company " bling lights" they are not made to fit the stock fog light mounting holes, and when I took my car to a shop to have them install the crappy bling lights, the dude hacked away at the back of my bumper and screwed the bling lights into the sides of the bumper on the inside, and now I cant even install real Camaro OEM fogs.. smh. but luckily a forum member here is going to send me the fog light mounting part from a spare bumper he has. let me know if you find a good aftermarket fog light set and I will let you know too if I find some.
Old 09-14-2015, 02:31 PM   #5
Jsmith18

Drives: 2013 Camaro LFX
There's a kit on eBay for cheap. Wish I had that option when I did mine. Wiring is not hard and I think it comes with instructions. Just add some LED bulbs to match the headlight color. Good luck and you can pm me any questions
Jsmith18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2015, 02:33 PM   #6
Adam63impala

awesome man thanks! I am not even going to install bulbs bc I don't care about having the fog lights on, I only want them to put my Amber halos in and will always have those on . so just search for 2012 Camaro fog lights on ebay?
Old 09-14-2015, 02:39 PM   #7
Adam63impala

these will work right?
http://www.ebay.com/itm/07-12-Chevy-...368b22&vxp=mtr

Tags
foglights for ls