Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

AWE Tuning

Old 08-10-2016, 10:06 AM   #1
Hyper16
A Heartbeat Away.........

Drives: Not As Fast As I Would Like To
ProClip

Well, I have been waiting since February for ProClip to come out with a phone mount for the 2016. Have contacted them at least once a month to ask about progress. Each time they say it will be released next month. First April, then June, July, August and now September.

I sent a message late last night asking for an update.

First thing this morning:
Thank you for contacting us with your interest in our ProClip products. At this time we do not have a ProClip vehicle mount for the new Chevrolet Camaro. The good news is we are working on a mount for the Camaro. We anticipate the mounts to be available in early to mid August. Once we have the mounts available, you will receive a separate email notification letting you know the mounts have become available.

I hope I have been of some help and invite you to contact us with any further questions you might have regarding ProClip products.

I replied with:
It is already mid August. You all have been pushing back the release date for months. First time I contacted you it was to be released in April.
Then June. Then July. Now August. Get your act together. Go to Camaro6.com and see how many people are going other routes for phone mounts because you have not released a mount for a car that has been on the road for over a year. I have purchased mounts from your company for my last 5 cars and will now look elsewhere.

Then this bs:
I am sorry about the delay. I have spoken to the product manager and he states the east and west coast often get new car models earlier than Wisconsin does. We only had the car released in the Upper Midwest a few months ago. The new Camaro mount needs to be modified a little and tested again. The manufacture has been on summer break so the testing has not been able to be completed. The mount probably will be released in early September if all testing goes well.
We want to release the highest standard custom mounts to our customers meaning that there is testing that has to be completed before release. As soon as that testing is complete we will notify you the mount is ready. Once again I do apologize for the delay. We just want to release a solid product to the market to meet customer standards. Please let us know if you have any other questions.

I love the part about not being able to get a 2016 until a couple of months ago.
Unfreakinbelieveable
2016 Hyper Blue Metallic 2SS | A8 | MRC | Sunroof | Nav | Mishimoto Catch Can | GM CAI | Hurst Shifter | Borla S-Type Exhaust | Body Color Splash Guards | 1LE Splitter | GM Dark Tail Lights | ZL1 Third Brake Light | Custom Fuel Door, Badges & Bowties | Oracle Side Markers | Blacked Out Stuff | Opti-Coat Pro+

The problem with this world is stupidity.
I'm not saying there should be penalties for stupidity,
but why don't we just take the warning labels off everything and let the problem solve itself.

Last edited by Hyper16; 09-06-2016 at 06:32 PM.
Hyper16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2016, 10:42 AM   #2
SuperSound

Drives: '17 Camaro 2SS A8
wow they do realize they are selling the 2nd model year as of a few months ago

ProClip just lost some stock in my book

"Voices in your head are not considered insider information."

3800 Status - 6/16/16 (Built!)
6000 status - 6/29/16 (Delivered!)
SuperSound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2016, 11:19 AM   #3
Rsblueblood
Kywildcats

Drives: 2020 2SS shock and steel (shocker)
Maybe it's because of the v6 community not being big enough. Lol
Rsblueblood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2016, 12:28 PM   #4
BigEnos
Planning stages...

Drives: 1995 Z28,2014 Ford Focus ST
Problem is I don't know of many alternatives. Does anyone else have a non-stickon solution for device mounts?
BigEnos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2016, 12:58 PM   #5
bbrown450

Drives: 2016 Mosaic Black 2SS
I repurposed my pro clip from my C7 Vette. I will tell you based on this experience, given the style of the pro clip and the fact it uses the "Gully" of the console, given the location of the bottom vents ...that is a sucky solution as it block the flow no matter what position. I have gone to a magnet based system and now use the flat border around the my link whic is perfect for me. Sorry no pic as I am on vacation and in a rental. Just my 2 cents
bbrown450 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2016, 02:04 PM   #6
DougCBJ

Drives: 2016 Blue 2SS
I used this phone mount. It does sit a little high, but it worked perfectly.

https://www.amazon.com/iKross-Cellph...r+phone+mounts
DougCBJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2016, 02:50 PM   #7
Hyper16

Quote:
Originally Posted by DougCBJ View Post
I used this phone mount. It does sit a little high, but it worked perfectly.

https://www.amazon.com/iKross-Cellph...r+phone+mounts
2016 Hyper Blue Metallic 2SS | A8 | MRC | Sunroof | Nav | Mishimoto Catch Can | GM CAI | Hurst Shifter | Borla S-Type Exhaust | Body Color Splash Guards | 1LE Splitter | GM Dark Tail Lights | ZL1 Third Brake Light | Custom Fuel Door, Badges & Bowties | Oracle Side Markers | Blacked Out Stuff | Opti-Coat Pro+

but why don't we just take the warning labels off everything and let the problem solve itself.

Last edited by Hyper16; 08-10-2016 at 09:22 PM.
Old 08-10-2016, 02:56 PM   #8
Hyper16

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbrown450 View Post
I repurposed my pro clip from my C7 Vette. I will tell you based on this experience, given the style of the pro clip and the fact it uses the "Gully" of the console, given the location of the bottom vents ...that is a sucky solution as it block the flow no matter what position. I have gone to a magnet based system and now use the flat border around the my link whic is perfect for me. Sorry no pic as I am on vacation and in a rental. Just my 2 cents
I have the ProClip phone holder from my SRX. Just need the base to mount it to. Can't believe it is taking this long to fab something that works. When the SRX body style changed, they had the mount ready in a month.
Maybe there aren't enough Camaros sold to make it worth their time.

Old 08-10-2016, 04:18 PM   #9
TrickracenLS3

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS Red Hot
You guys seriously mount a ugly thing like that in your camaro? sad... Thats why they have bluetooth
Current: 2016 Tahoe LT
Current: 2018 Mini Countryman S
TrickracenLS3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2016, 04:34 PM   #10
Hyper16

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrickracenLS3 View Post
You guys seriously mount a ugly thing like that in your camaro? sad... Thats why they have bluetooth
Some people like to look at their screen. WAZE, Google Maps, etc.

Old 08-10-2016, 08:03 PM   #11
DougCBJ

Drives: 2016 Blue 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyper16 View Post
literally 2 posts above mine someone asked about an alternative. Frankly what is the topic about then? I'm not really sure if this is a topic for discussion, seemed more like a rant.
DougCBJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2016, 08:17 PM   #12
Hyper16

Nevermind. Not worth the trouble.

Last edited by Hyper16; 08-10-2016 at 09:24 PM.