Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > V8 and V6 Transmissions / Driveline (6L80 / 6L50 / TR6060 / AY6)

Old 05-29-2024, 11:55 PM   #1
RedsRevenge48
Never satisfied :(

Drives: 73 Nova (project))
5th gen SS differential: Roll racing limit?

How do the 5th Gen SS rear ends hold up to roll racing and half mile style racing? Safe power levels?

I get dig racing and drag racing is hard on these and the half shafts. Just wondering if they hold up better to starting from a roll.
RedsRevenge48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2024, 08:08 AM   #2
fz4k98

Drives: 2013 1ss
They should hold up well. Its the shock at launch on sticky tires that eats parts on manual trans cars. I ran a whipple on stock drivetrain including tires for a couple summers. Did not have any issues until I put drag radials on and then started breaking parts.
fz4k98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2024, 01:42 AM   #3
RedsRevenge48
Never satisfied :(

Drives: 73 Nova (project))
Quote:
Originally Posted by fz4k98 View Post
They should hold up well. Its the shock at launch on sticky tires that eats parts on manual trans cars. I ran a whipple on stock drivetrain including tires for a couple summers. Did not have any issues until I put drag radials on and then started breaking parts.
Man, isnt that the truth. I had upgraded to BMR poly suspension arms on my former GT500 and F me if I didnt blow out every poly bushing at LEAST once when I put on NT05Rs haha.

Good to know about the SS diffs, thanks!
RedsRevenge48 is offline   Reply With Quote