Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com
 
B&M
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Forced Induction - V8

Forced Induction - V8 V8 Supercharger, turbo, nitrous discussions

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 09-25-2009, 10:07 PM   #101
Windy City

 
Windy City's Avatar
 
Drives: Not enough room here!
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Plainfield, IL
Posts: 1,017
Quote:
Originally Posted by mws444 View Post
Guess we are stuck together now, actually she works with me and we get along really well about three weeks out of the month.

Congrats to all of my fellow aflicted Camaro5 Brothers!
No truer words have ever been spoken, or posted!
__________________
BEWARE OF THE LPE BROTHERHOOD!
Remember: You can sleep in your car, but you can't drive your house!
Windy City is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2009, 10:46 AM   #102
mws444


 
mws444's Avatar
 
Drives: 701 RWHP Lingenfelter/Pedders Beast
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: El Paso
Posts: 2,962
Since everyone but Speed is still waiting for their new and improved Lingerized Camaros I thought we could collect a few of our thoughts on why we do what we do to our Camaros.
To all of my fellow LPE Camaro brothers: What made you take a brand new high performance car, and the Camaro ranks pretty high performance wise completely stock and spend a small fortune to Lingerize it? Since I am asking I guess I should go first.
I have had a love affair with Camaros since I was 15 and a buddy and his dad tricked out a ’67 Camaro. We had a lot of fun in that car and my Father would never have gone for such a thing. I always told myself that one of these days I would have one of my own. Well about 17 years later I took the plunge and bought a ’69 SS350 convertible and have been working on it on and off for about 7 years. I could go on for hours about what I have done to her, but it suffices to say I don’t lack much to finish her in my eyes. Time is scarce nowadays and I may just pay someone to finish her up.
When the new Camaro design first hit I was fascinated. Man here was a brand new, high tech modern ’69 Camaro, but as things progressed I learned it is much more. They combined just enough of the old styling hints to give her a retro look but the feel is all new. I learned just how good this feel was when I got my hands on my own 2010 ride. The ride quality was awesome and the handling was amazing for a domestic car. The only thing that took some getting used to was the interior, very minimal and a little too high tech for my taste, but have grown to like it. It just works and fits the car much better after you use it a while.
The performance is really good for a modern street car, there where trade offs for the sake of drivability and fuel economy. I just felt like a car with 426 horses under should feel faster, a result of the gearing for the sake of fuel economy and drivability. I can remember the head snapping acceleration of my buddies ’67, but I also remember him staying off the freeway because it was turning 4500 rpms at 60 mph. So the trick for me was to find a way to get that fast feel without giving up reliability or drivability. I have always heard of the phenomenal work at LPE from their work on the Corvette, and stumbled across their work on the new LS3 G8’s. When they started talking about doing the Camaro’s I didn’t hesitate on contacting them to do my car.
Now I won’t sit here and tell everyone that ego is not in play here, I have always wanted that bad ass car everyone else wants. However, this is mostly about what I want in a car now that I can afford it. Truth is I still have enough of the 18 year old kid in me that wants to go fast and look cool. I think I heard Jay Leno talk about how nothing keeps us young like a good burnout. How true is that?
Who is next?
mws444 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2009, 12:31 PM   #103
600hp-lpe


 
600hp-lpe's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 2SS RS RJT MN6
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: NH
Posts: 4,701
My first hot rod was a '67 Camaro Z/28. It was original except the engine. The engine was bad when my friend got that car.. rod through the side. He worked at an engine rebuilding shop and built a 350 smallblock - dual 4 barrels, 12.5 to 1 compression, real nasty cam. We had a lot of fun with that car together.

I wound up trading my 2 year old '85 mustang in an even swap for that car. I had the '67 for about 10 years. It was always in good shape. I needed money, so I sold it.
I have had at least 15 corvette's since.. but they never replaced what I liked in the Camaro.

I built this one up to be a 'new gen' replacement for the '67 that got away. I doubt that I will ever finish it.. I will keep improving it until I am happy with the outcome. It will need to go back to Lingy for the 650 at some time in the future. I want to finish the rest first.. Suspension, tires, bulletproof drivetrain, and nice body modifications still remain on my 'to do' list. This is on top of a long list of stuff I have already done. I still need to lighten the car a lot as well.

I havn't driven one yet.. Hopefully I will be happy with it. I am sure that it will meet some of my goals. I will have to modify until it meets the others.
__________________
2010 2SS/RS RJT 6SP
600 HP Lingenfelter package 526 RWHP 491 RWTRQ
Pedders Justice package with Z-bar and supercar coilovers
LPE ZR-1 twin disc Clutch, LPE rear w/3.73 gears
NHRA cert. 8.50 CM 10 point roll cage, Cobra racing Seats
Gforce 5 PT. Harnesses, MOMO steering wheel and pedals
285/35/19 Bridgestone RE-11 Tires, CCW 19X10 SP16A Wheels
315/30/18 Front, 335/30/18 Rear Hoosier tires, CCW C2K Wheels
Racing Brake Rotors, stainless lines, MT800 Brake pads
HD Rear Axles, Toe Links, Trailing Arms, Lower Control Arms
Beware of the LPE Brotherhood
600hp-lpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2009, 05:31 PM   #104
RS-SS2
 
RS-SS2's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro, 09 mini, 01 3500
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Albuquerque
Posts: 377
My first camaro was a regular old 73 coupe back in high school. It had a 350 in it that the previous owner had hopped up a bit. It wasn't super fast but held its own racing other high school wanna be drag racers. I believe this is were my love for camaro's began. I have many good memories of that car and of course it is long gone. About 10 years ago I had the opportunity to purchase an all original 73 Z/28 with the RS, LT pkg's optioned on it. This car over all was in good shape. I couldn't leave well enough alone though. I decided this car was special enough that it needed to be restored. Well me in my utmost wisdom embarked on a frame of restoration, took it 100% apart. Needless to say this car never came to manifestation. I sold the car as is to a more ambitious enthusiast.

When I first laid eyes on the 5Th gen concept car I said to my self I need one of these. As more and more time passed from the initial concept I started believing this car might not ever be produced with gas prices sky high the push for economy cars as well as GM's woes. I kinda took a wait and see attitude. One day in early June I came home opened the garage door and to my surprise there is a 2010 backed in with the front end glaring at me and my wife with a sh** eaten grin on her face. I asked her who's is this and she replied mine. I said what do you mean you don't like Camaro's you are a stang gal. She then said she saw it fell in love brought it home. Needless to say three weeks later I brought mine home.

After having this car for A week and loving it I decided I wanted it to be special and set it apart from others like it. I did my research and LPE was at the top of the list to carry out this task. Everyone I talked with about LPE had nothing but good things to say. In fact I heard from three different people the same words, they have one hell of a good reputation. It is no doubt a difficult decision to do something like this to a brand new car but in the end I believe it will all be worth it. I can hardly wait to drive it again, should be back behind the wheel here in 2 to 3 weeks in my new LPE650.
RS-SS2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2009, 09:27 PM   #105
Speed74SS

 
Speed74SS's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 LPE 650+ CTS-V
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Sioux Falls, SD
Posts: 1,640
I was first introduced to hot rods and muscles cars by my cousins who owned a body shop and always had old novas and camaros. I think ever since I was about 10 years old they used to stop by and pick me up and drive around and do burnouts. When I was a junior in high school I was turned on to a orange/red '79 Z28 and I couldn't turn back. Since that car I have had an '84 Z28, a '91 RS and a '99 SS. I loved all of them and wish I wouldn't have got rid of the '99 SS but if I hadn't, I would have never got the 2010.

I told myself that if a new model came out that I was going to get one. I saw the concepts and I knew what was coming home to the garage, as soon as they were in production. I love every aspect of this car and what GM did with it. I am sure the stock Camaro would have done it for me but I have somehow always wanted more, no matter what it is. I also have a good friend that has a '06 Subaru STI with about 450hp and there is no way I was going to buy a new car that would be slower than his car.

This leads me on my search to figure out what I need to do to make it happen. I thought about ordering the parts and having someone do it but there is really no story or reputation that goes into it. Thats when I ran across LPE when I was doing some research on magnacharger one night. I am so glad I did because now I have a built car, the way I want it, with rich history and pride that goes into every car that they do. It was the best decision I could make and I will definately being coming back to LPE for the 650 package and some other upgrades in the future. Plus it is great to have some others on this forum going through the same experience and I await the great results on your cars as well!!!
Speed74SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2009, 02:27 PM   #106
mws444


 
mws444's Avatar
 
Drives: 701 RWHP Lingenfelter/Pedders Beast
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: El Paso
Posts: 2,962
Damn, I hope they hurry up and finish my car. Ryan called and told me about the MTI short throw shifter, soooo you know I added it to the build. Hell at this rate I think they figured out the longer they keep the car the more new stuff will come out to add to it. This may never end. Pistons should be in this week (fingers crossed).
mws444 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2009, 02:48 PM   #107
600hp-lpe


 
600hp-lpe's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 2SS RS RJT MN6
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: NH
Posts: 4,701
Quote:
Originally Posted by mws444 View Post
Damn, I hope they hurry up and finish my car. Ryan called and told me about the MTI short throw shifter, soooo you know I added it to the build. Hell at this rate I think they figured out the longer they keep the car the more new stuff will come out to add to it. This may never end. Pistons should be in this week (fingers crossed).
I had that shifter installed on my car.. the LPE folks have been raving about the nice tight shift pattern, shorter throw, no shifter rattle, and overall are pretty happy with the MTI shifter and apparently are starting to recommend it to others.

Glad I could help you out with that...
__________________
2010 2SS/RS RJT 6SP
600 HP Lingenfelter package 526 RWHP 491 RWTRQ
Pedders Justice package with Z-bar and supercar coilovers
LPE ZR-1 twin disc Clutch, LPE rear w/3.73 gears
NHRA cert. 8.50 CM 10 point roll cage, Cobra racing Seats
Gforce 5 PT. Harnesses, MOMO steering wheel and pedals
285/35/19 Bridgestone RE-11 Tires, CCW 19X10 SP16A Wheels
315/30/18 Front, 335/30/18 Rear Hoosier tires, CCW C2K Wheels
Racing Brake Rotors, stainless lines, MT800 Brake pads
HD Rear Axles, Toe Links, Trailing Arms, Lower Control Arms
Beware of the LPE Brotherhood
600hp-lpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2009, 06:37 PM   #108
mws444


 
mws444's Avatar
 
Drives: 701 RWHP Lingenfelter/Pedders Beast
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: El Paso
Posts: 2,962
Wonder how it will rank with the Hurst. I guess we'll find out, huh?
mws444 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2009, 09:29 PM   #109
600hp-lpe


 
600hp-lpe's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 2SS RS RJT MN6
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: NH
Posts: 4,701
Quote:
Originally Posted by mws444 View Post
Wonder how it will rank with the Hurst. I guess we'll find out, huh?
Yup.. I havn't seen either shifter other than pictures.

I was on the hurst pre-buy list.. got tired of waiting. I wanted a shifter to be installed while at LPE as it needs to be installed from underneath. You need to drop the exhaust, and lower the trans to install.

I ordered the MTI and had it drop shipped to LPE. It impressed everyone at LPE after it was in.

did you check out the MTI site? here is the link: http://www.mtiracing.com/purchase/2010-camaro.html

there is a good thread on this shifter on the camaro5 site. That's where I got interested in it. I liked the idea of the roller bearing where the shifter connects to the linkage. all the mount points are poly instead of rubber.
here it is: http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showth...ht=mti+shifter

I think we made the right choice here...
__________________
2010 2SS/RS RJT 6SP
600 HP Lingenfelter package 526 RWHP 491 RWTRQ
Pedders Justice package with Z-bar and supercar coilovers
LPE ZR-1 twin disc Clutch, LPE rear w/3.73 gears
NHRA cert. 8.50 CM 10 point roll cage, Cobra racing Seats
Gforce 5 PT. Harnesses, MOMO steering wheel and pedals
285/35/19 Bridgestone RE-11 Tires, CCW 19X10 SP16A Wheels
315/30/18 Front, 335/30/18 Rear Hoosier tires, CCW C2K Wheels
Racing Brake Rotors, stainless lines, MT800 Brake pads
HD Rear Axles, Toe Links, Trailing Arms, Lower Control Arms
Beware of the LPE Brotherhood
600hp-lpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2009, 09:00 PM   #110
mws444


 
mws444's Avatar
 
Drives: 701 RWHP Lingenfelter/Pedders Beast
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: El Paso
Posts: 2,962
Now we are talking boys!! Ryan just sent me an update and my engine is done!! Says he hopes to haver her in there and running next week!! So maybe they will have her finished up and ready to ship by the middle of the following week!! I will tell you I can hardly wait to do a little___________
mws444 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2009, 09:02 PM   #111
1320junkie
Account Suspended
 
Drives: The Imperial Army
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: The Darkside
Posts: 15,898
Congrats
1320junkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2009, 09:03 PM   #112
mws444


 
mws444's Avatar
 
Drives: 701 RWHP Lingenfelter/Pedders Beast
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: El Paso
Posts: 2,962
Here are a couple of pics of the new and improved heart of the beast.
Attached Images
  
mws444 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2009, 09:05 PM   #113
1320junkie
Account Suspended
 
Drives: The Imperial Army
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: The Darkside
Posts: 15,898
Dude you are not supposed to be posting porn like that on this form...got anymore?
1320junkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2009, 09:06 PM   #114
mws444


 
mws444's Avatar
 
Drives: 701 RWHP Lingenfelter/Pedders Beast
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: El Paso
Posts: 2,962
I must say I like that background!! There is a lot of history on that wall, cool way to take those pictures Ryan. Thanks!!
mws444 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2009, 09:18 PM   #115
1320junkie
Account Suspended
 
Drives: The Imperial Army
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: The Darkside
Posts: 15,898
RIP John!!!
1320junkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2009, 03:04 AM   #116
600hp-lpe


 
600hp-lpe's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 2SS RS RJT MN6
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: NH
Posts: 4,701
Awesome place to get a photo of your car's heart! That would be my Background if it were my engine.

Are your car parts doing a tour of the facility? LOL MWS, you may need to do a site visit and gather up them wild ponies and direct them to their new home.. Under your hood!
__________________
2010 2SS/RS RJT 6SP
600 HP Lingenfelter package 526 RWHP 491 RWTRQ
Pedders Justice package with Z-bar and supercar coilovers
LPE ZR-1 twin disc Clutch, LPE rear w/3.73 gears
NHRA cert. 8.50 CM 10 point roll cage, Cobra racing Seats
Gforce 5 PT. Harnesses, MOMO steering wheel and pedals
285/35/19 Bridgestone RE-11 Tires, CCW 19X10 SP16A Wheels
315/30/18 Front, 335/30/18 Rear Hoosier tires, CCW C2K Wheels
Racing Brake Rotors, stainless lines, MT800 Brake pads
HD Rear Axles, Toe Links, Trailing Arms, Lower Control Arms
Beware of the LPE Brotherhood
600hp-lpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2009, 06:25 AM   #117
Speed74SS

 
Speed74SS's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 LPE 650+ CTS-V
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Sioux Falls, SD
Posts: 1,640
Quote:
Originally Posted by 570hp-lpe View Post
Awesome place to get a photo of your car's heart! That would be my Background if it were my engine.

Are your car parts doing a tour of the facility? LOL MWS, you may need to do a site visit and gather up them wild ponies and direct them to their new home.. Under your hood!
Stop typing and go pick up your car!! Oh yeah - have fun today too...as I am sure you will.
Speed74SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2009, 06:10 PM   #118
bonecrshr
 
bonecrshr's Avatar
 
Drives: '69 and '10
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Mel Beach, Florida
Posts: 12
I'll add my story too

Quote:
Originally Posted by mws444 View Post
Since everyone but Speed is still waiting for their new and improved Lingerized Camaros I thought we could collect a few of our thoughts on why we do what we do to our Camaros.
To all of my fellow LPE Camaro brothers: What made you take a brand new high performance car, and the Camaro ranks pretty high performance wise completely stock and spend a small fortune to Lingerize it? Since I am asking I guess I should go first.
I have had a love affair with Camaros since I was 15 and a buddy and his dad tricked out a ’67 Camaro. We had a lot of fun in that car and my Father would never have gone for such a thing. I always told myself that one of these days I would have one of my own. Well about 17 years later I took the plunge and bought a ’69 SS350 convertible and have been working on it on and off for about 7 years. I could go on for hours about what I have done to her, but it suffices to say I don’t lack much to finish her in my eyes. Time is scarce nowadays and I may just pay someone to finish her up.
When the new Camaro design first hit I was fascinated. Man here was a brand new, high tech modern ’69 Camaro, but as things progressed I learned it is much more. They combined just enough of the old styling hints to give her a retro look but the feel is all new. I learned just how good this feel was when I got my hands on my own 2010 ride. The ride quality was awesome and the handling was amazing for a domestic car. The only thing that took some getting used to was the interior, very minimal and a little too high tech for my taste, but have grown to like it. It just works and fits the car much better after you use it a while.
The performance is really good for a modern street car, there where trade offs for the sake of drivability and fuel economy. I just felt like a car with 426 horses under should feel faster, a result of the gearing for the sake of fuel economy and drivability. I can remember the head snapping acceleration of my buddies ’67, but I also remember him staying off the freeway because it was turning 4500 rpms at 60 mph. So the trick for me was to find a way to get that fast feel without giving up reliability or drivability. I have always heard of the phenomenal work at LPE from their work on the Corvette, and stumbled across their work on the new LS3 G8’s. When they started talking about doing the Camaro’s I didn’t hesitate on contacting them to do my car.
Now I won’t sit here and tell everyone that ego is not in play here, I have always wanted that bad ass car everyone else wants. However, this is mostly about what I want in a car now that I can afford it. Truth is I still have enough of the 18 year old kid in me that wants to go fast and look cool. I think I heard Jay Leno talk about how nothing keeps us young like a good burnout. How true is that?
Who is next?
I pretty much started out life with Camaros, my parents brought me home in Dad's 2 year old Black with white striped 68 Z/28. I think that got the bug in me pretty early since I can pretty much remember riding around in that car, even got my finger slammed in the driver's side door since I couldn't keep away from it.

Anyways don't know if there's much in imprinting at that young an age, but Dad sold it when I was about 9 or 10 since gas was too expensive and the car too impractical for the growing family(sucks to have to grow up don't it?). That didn't keep Dad from always messing with cars and so I spent most of my teenage years wrenching on cars and working on their bodies and was lucky enough at the age of 15 to find a 68 327 powerglide convertible for 145 bucks(sure miss the days of finding em that cheap) and the rest was history in terms of the terrible Camaro virus that consumed me.

I went on to work as a mechanic and autobody man for years and the 68 went through many transformations and most recently the 68 has become a 6 speed LT4, fuel injected project that will someday be back on the road when I can get it down to Fl from NY. I have a 69 SS/RS that I also got for a steal that is also a grey primered project.

Now on 2 the 2010 and LPE- the one thing I could never get over in all the years of hot rodding is how much more bang for the buck and gas mileage you could get out of a well built and tuned fuel injected engine. The 69's a pig on gas and you could literally watch the fuel gauge move as you drive and thus the reason for the LT4 in the 68- once I got to driving and modifying an LT4 in my 93 vette I was converted. The itch to modify the new one was almost immediate, actually before I even had the car delivered. I was working on what and how I would do it and then reality set in- 2 classic projects that I don't have enough time to finish with work and family always a priority and Lingenfelter just a phone call away. Their reputation has always been great, Tim over there's been great, and most of all, even though they've had the car for alittle more than 2 months, the reality is if I tackled it all as I have in the past, the car would probably have taken me longer and just have been a base type maggie install.

I no longer work as a mechanic and autobody man, but once a gear head, always a gear head, no matter what field you end up in...
bonecrshr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2009, 01:00 PM   #119
mws444


 
mws444's Avatar
 
Drives: 701 RWHP Lingenfelter/Pedders Beast
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: El Paso
Posts: 2,962
One thing I have noticed about our stories, someone had a badas* camaro that influenced us early on. I wonder how many we will have the same effect on? I guess I will think about that one from now on when people ask me about my car, especially the kids.
mws444 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2009, 05:13 AM   #120
600hp-lpe


 
600hp-lpe's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 2SS RS RJT MN6
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: NH
Posts: 4,701
Quote:
Originally Posted by mws444 View Post
Now we are talking boys!! Ryan just sent me an update and my engine is done!! Says he hopes to haver her in there and running next week!! So maybe they will have her finished up and ready to ship by the middle of the following week!! I will tell you I can hardly wait to do a little___________
MWS,

you are getting closer... that's good news. Now that Windy stopped having parts added to his, your's and RS-SS2's can be assembled!

RS-ss2's ride is going together nicely. the engineers at LPE are truly chraftsmen in their trade. they do incredible work!

LPE won't release it until everything is just right. That's a good thing. It is not only amazingly fast when done, It is a work of art!
__________________
2010 2SS/RS RJT 6SP
600 HP Lingenfelter package 526 RWHP 491 RWTRQ
Pedders Justice package with Z-bar and supercar coilovers
LPE ZR-1 twin disc Clutch, LPE rear w/3.73 gears
NHRA cert. 8.50 CM 10 point roll cage, Cobra racing Seats
Gforce 5 PT. Harnesses, MOMO steering wheel and pedals
285/35/19 Bridgestone RE-11 Tires, CCW 19X10 SP16A Wheels
315/30/18 Front, 335/30/18 Rear Hoosier tires, CCW C2K Wheels
Racing Brake Rotors, stainless lines, MT800 Brake pads
HD Rear Axles, Toe Links, Trailing Arms, Lower Control Arms
Beware of the LPE Brotherhood
600hp-lpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2009, 06:11 AM   #121
600hp-lpe


 
600hp-lpe's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 2SS RS RJT MN6
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: NH
Posts: 4,701
Quote:
Originally Posted by Speed74SS View Post
Stop typing and go pick up your car!! Oh yeah - have fun today too...as I am sure you will.
Speed... I Owe you a personal Thank You!!

I am glad I had the same experience as you, as our car's are practically clones other than color. I was going to skip going to LPE's shop. On the drive home, I was glad I had a chance to experience it! It will be etched in my memory forever, being at the LPE site. I know exactly how you felt, seeing your car the first time. Seeing tne engine! OMG! it is so beautiful! The shop tour! the ride home and Bonding with the new ride! Seeing all the other cars and wonderful people who create these fine machines.

Your thread following your car prior to receiving it made me want to do the LPE upgrade. I am ecstatic at how it all came out at LPE.

It's beautiful, it's fast, it's in an elite class! Thanks LPE! Fantastic work!

I have a new batch of friends here on the camaro5 site that are about to experience the same thing.. We are all closer than you think BOYS AND GIRLS.. these LPE cars are truly amazing! The LPE bond we all share is amazing.. Too bad everyone doesn't have theirs yet to realize just how close we all are.. I think Junkie,Windy, and Speed know, as well I do, NOW. Soon, you will all feel the same way - RS-SS2, Bad 2010, MWS, 24 flames, Bonecrchr, Paul. We are bound together.. and I am sure will relive the day our car came to us, and share in the baptism of our fellow brethren as they recieve theirs.

If you think the car from the factory was worth the wait, you are in for a surprise.. the LPE transformation when complete is undescribeable.. it's like giving heroin to a drug addict. The LPE power, smoothness, looks, OMG! I don't know how to praise perfection!

on the way home, I stopped on the interstate to fill up the red devil (my car's name now). 2 black men were looking at the car - Is that the new Camaro? IT IS! Check it out! I started talking to them.. I told them it was special.. I opened the hood.. Their Jaws hit the ground! One of them ran back to his car to get his phone - He had to have a picture of that engine!
they were "starstruck". The LPE Camaro's have Rock star status. Unbelievable!

I have a little twin "brother" I havn't met - That's you, Speed74ss, as our car's are very similar, other than color.

Again.. thanks speed! if it wasn't for you documenting your wonderful ride, with the sound clips and video's, pic's etc. I don't think I would have done an LPE camaro. I would have "done it myself". It is so worth the money that was spent at LPE for the "total package". No mess, no fuss - no trying to figure out the tune or who to trust for that peice. It is complete from air cleaner to exhaust tip. Therer is nothing I will need to do to enhance the power output.. It's perfect just the way it is.

I can only Imagine the 650 Kit and all that will bring to the table for the "big kids". just wait, boys and girls.. your ride will be with you for a long time.

My Camaro is not getting away from me this time... I will have this one forever.
__________________
2010 2SS/RS RJT 6SP
600 HP Lingenfelter package 526 RWHP 491 RWTRQ
Pedders Justice package with Z-bar and supercar coilovers
LPE ZR-1 twin disc Clutch, LPE rear w/3.73 gears
NHRA cert. 8.50 CM 10 point roll cage, Cobra racing Seats
Gforce 5 PT. Harnesses, MOMO steering wheel and pedals
285/35/19 Bridgestone RE-11 Tires, CCW 19X10 SP16A Wheels
315/30/18 Front, 335/30/18 Rear Hoosier tires, CCW C2K Wheels
Racing Brake Rotors, stainless lines, MT800 Brake pads
HD Rear Axles, Toe Links, Trailing Arms, Lower Control Arms
Beware of the LPE Brotherhood
600hp-lpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2009, 08:25 AM   #122
RS-SS2
 
RS-SS2's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro, 09 mini, 01 3500
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Albuquerque
Posts: 377
Quote:
Originally Posted by mws444 View Post
One thing I have noticed about our stories, someone had a badas* camaro that influenced us early on. I wonder how many we will have the same effect on? I guess I will think about that one from now on when people ask me about my car, especially the kids.
mws, once you get your car back I believe it will have a huge effect on you as well as the rest of us. The crew at LPE are fantastic and all of the wait time will deliver perfection.
RS-SS2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2009, 08:40 AM   #123
Speed74SS

 
Speed74SS's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 LPE 650+ CTS-V
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Sioux Falls, SD
Posts: 1,640
Quote:
Originally Posted by 570hp-lpe View Post
Speed... I Owe you a personal Thank You!!

I am glad I had the same experience as you, as our car's are practically clones other than color. I was going to skip going to LPE's shop. On the drive home, I was glad I had a chance to experience it! It will be etched in my memory forever, being at the LPE site. I know exactly how you felt, seeing your car the first time. Seeing tne engine! OMG! it is so beautiful! The shop tour! the ride home and Bonding with the new ride! Seeing all the other cars and wonderful people who create these fine machines.

Your thread following your car prior to receiving it made me want to do the LPE upgrade. I am ecstatic at how it all came out at LPE.

It's beautiful, it's fast, it's in an elite class! Thanks LPE! Fantastic work!

I have a new batch of friends here on the camaro5 site that are about to experience the same thing.. We are all closer than you think BOYS AND GIRLS.. these LPE cars are truly amazing! The LPE bond we all share is amazing.. Too bad everyone doesn't have theirs yet to realize just how close we all are.. I think Junkie,Windy, and Speed know, as well I do, NOW. Soon, you will all feel the same way - RS-SS2, Bad 2010, MWS, 24 flames, Bonecrchr, Paul. We are bound together.. and I am sure will relive the day our car came to us, and share in the baptism of our fellow brethren as they recieve theirs.

If you think the car from the factory was worth the wait, you are in for a surprise.. the LPE transformation when complete is undescribeable.. it's like giving heroin to a drug addict. The LPE power, smoothness, looks, OMG! I don't know how to praise perfection!

on the way home, I stopped on the interstate to fill up the red devil (my car's name now). 2 black men were looking at the car - Is that the new Camaro? IT IS! Check it out! I started talking to them.. I told them it was special.. I opened the hood.. Their Jaws hit the ground! One of them ran back to his car to get his phone - He had to have a picture of that engine!
they were "starstruck". The LPE Camaro's have Rock star status. Unbelievable!

I have a little twin "brother" I havn't met - That's you, Speed74ss, as our car's are very similar, other than color.

Again.. thanks speed! if it wasn't for you documenting your wonderful ride, with the sound clips and video's, pic's etc. I don't think I would have done an LPE camaro. I would have "done it myself". It is so worth the money that was spent at LPE for the "total package". No mess, no fuss - no trying to figure out the tune or who to trust for that peice. It is complete from air cleaner to exhaust tip. Therer is nothing I will need to do to enhance the power output.. It's perfect just the way it is.

I can only Imagine the 650 Kit and all that will bring to the table for the "big kids". just wait, boys and girls.. your ride will be with you for a long time.

My Camaro is not getting away from me this time... I will have this one forever.
All I can say is.....AWESOME!!! To get everything done the way you want it with no hassles, no questions, no worries and the best in the business doing the work-----its amazing.

I am glad that I could help you and anyone else make the decision to go to LPE. It is sooooo worth it. I am even more happy that you can finally feel the joy and passion that I get everytime I get into my car. I am sure Windy is getting the same feeling and it's hard to explain with words but it is so good!!

It really is like a rock star when other people see your car. Especially when people see under your hood....I feel like such a whore at this point because alot of people have seen under my hood. It's funny how almost all age groups are interested, from little kids to the old old muscle car enthusiasts - a lot of appreciation for the new muscle on the block.

I would love to get together with the rest of the bretheren sometime. I would drive almost anywhere!!! Keep pumping these babies out and the rest of you waiting to get your cars, I am excited for you also.
Speed74SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2009, 11:59 AM   #124
600hp-lpe


 
600hp-lpe's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 2SS RS RJT MN6
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: NH
Posts: 4,701
Quote:
Originally Posted by RS-SS2 View Post
mws, once you get your car back I believe it will have a huge effect on you as well as the rest of us. The crew at LPE are fantastic and all of the wait time will deliver perfection.
Anyone getting a car built at LPE.. are you going to do a site visit?
It's worth the price of the plane ticket!

I was going to skip it.. I am so glad I went! I will never forget it! It is now encased in my most memorable moments for all time.

LPE oozes Horsepower out of the walls! The place is top notch for a car enthusiast.

It should be on everyone's list of places to visit especially if they are getting one built there. You will not be disappointed on THAT tour!

Definitely Hallowed ground for a car Junkie!
__________________
2010 2SS/RS RJT 6SP
600 HP Lingenfelter package 526 RWHP 491 RWTRQ
Pedders Justice package with Z-bar and supercar coilovers
LPE ZR-1 twin disc Clutch, LPE rear w/3.73 gears
NHRA cert. 8.50 CM 10 point roll cage, Cobra racing Seats
Gforce 5 PT. Harnesses, MOMO steering wheel and pedals
285/35/19 Bridgestone RE-11 Tires, CCW 19X10 SP16A Wheels
315/30/18 Front, 335/30/18 Rear Hoosier tires, CCW C2K Wheels
Racing Brake Rotors, stainless lines, MT800 Brake pads
HD Rear Axles, Toe Links, Trailing Arms, Lower Control Arms
Beware of the LPE Brotherhood
600hp-lpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2009, 07:25 PM   #125
mws444


 
mws444's Avatar
 
Drives: 701 RWHP Lingenfelter/Pedders Beast
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: El Paso
Posts: 2,962
Ok here is the latest from Ryan. It seems all that work Windy did to his car has the engine installations running a week behind.
Sooooo mine is slated for early nest week, however parts are still running behind. They told me mine was right behind RS-SS2's but they are waiting for parts to finish his so they can get mine done. Man thaose New Mexicans even hold up traffic in the LPE shop. So I am hoping for the end of the month....maybe.
Hang in there Brothers I will join you guys one of these days.
mws444 is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Lingenfelter Performance Engineering Customers Windy City Forced Induction - V8 7627 04-01-2014 12:54 PM
got my build sheet demomaster Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions 18 02-20-2011 10:40 PM
Lingenfelter 2010 Camaro Engine Packages - up to 800hp! Sizzox 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions 108 04-14-2010 07:09 PM
My Lingenfelter Camaro Build Speed74SS Camaro V8 LS3 / L99 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons 244 10-08-2009 10:00 PM
Lingenfelter Supercharged Camaro makes 600 RWHP!! Kevin@Lingenfelter Forced Induction - V8 219 06-24-2009 02:26 PM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:34 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.