Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics > Engine | Exhaust | Bolt-On | Drivetrain Modifications

Old 05-24-2018, 10:41 AM   #113
qcman

Drives: 2013 Camaro 2SS RDP Tuned L99
Quote:
Originally Posted by mr_honez View Post
GM NPP is the way to go IMHO. Loud when you want it, quiet when you don't. Can be manually switched with the correct equipment. Finally got mine and was absolutely the best exhaust mod I could have done to her.
Yup I wish my car had come with that but the autos couldn't have it due to the crappy AFM. You did NPP after the fact it seems?
qcman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2018, 10:51 AM   #114
mr_honez
Wifey Lover

Drives: 2013 Crystal Red 2LT/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by qcman View Post
Yup I wish my car had come with that but the autos couldn't have it due to the crappy AFM. You did NPP after the fact it seems?
Yes, picked it up here from a fellow member. Did the DIY setup for the NPP from here:

https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=314023

Been great. I don't have AFM though, but I would do the LS3 conversion anyway if I did.
Old 05-24-2018, 10:59 AM   #115
rontammy0
Account Suspended

Drives: 2011 2SS/ RS INFERNO ORANGE L99
Quote:
You have afm tuned out right? Do yourself a favour and buy a quality catback. Its the best route in my opinion. The Borla Atak and Corsa Xtreme are great choices. But the Borla S And Corsa Sport sound great also.
rontammy0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2018, 12:32 PM   #116
qcman

Quote:
Originally Posted by rontammy0 View Post
You have afm tuned out right? Do yourself a favour and buy a quality catback. Its the best route in my opinion. The Borla Atak and Corsa Xtreme are great choices. But the Borla S And Corsa Sport sound great also.
Yes Ron AFM is tuned out. If I were to go that route at some point I would think the Sport or S versions would be as loud as I would ever consider. Whatever I did I'm convinced I would need rear mufflers as part of the system no straight pipes in the axle back portion.

BTW I'm convinced I might just be an A$$hole as I want the car loud for everyone else but I don't want to have to listen to it inside the car LOL.
Old 05-24-2018, 12:45 PM   #117
rontammy0
Account Suspended

Quote:
Yes Ron AFM is tuned out. If I were to go that route at some point I would think the Sport or S versions would be as loud as I would ever consider. Whatever I did I'm convinced I would need rear mufflers as part of the system no straight pipes in the axle back portion.

BTW I'm convinced I might just be an A$$hole as I want the car loud for everyone else but I don't want to have to listen to it inside the car LOL.
Since I have the Xtreme Corsa and the Borla S is on my buddies 5.0 I can tell you with those 2 catbacks....all the noise is behind you....under heavy throttle both are screamers. .mind you both cars have longtubes. But I can drive my car and have a quiet conversation You really can't hear much till i power up. The Borla S and Cors Sport both sound great...so you can't go wrong with either.
Old 05-24-2018, 12:57 PM   #118
qcman

Quote:
Originally Posted by rontammy0 View Post
Since I have the Xtreme Corsa and the Borla S is on my buddies 5.0 I can tell you with those 2 catbacks....all the noise is behind you....under heavy throttle both are screamers. .mind you both cars have longtubes. But I can drive my car and have a quiet conversation You really can't hear much till i power up. The Borla S and Cors Sport both sound great...so you can't go wrong with either.
Yeah I think that's what I've been struggling with I suspect with my delete the sound wasn't out the back as you say but perhaps from underneath or through the trunk. I even tried adding styrofoam under the trunk mat at one point to see if it would soften the sound but it didn't.

A kid that plays in my summer hockey group has a LS3 Camaro with a full Borla ATAK catback on it. I'm going to see if he will take me for a ride one night after it to see what it sounds like inside the car. For me inside sound is critical as thats what I have to like while driving it.

At least for now I'm content it cost a few bucks to experiment but not the end of the world by any means. Now I can take my time making decisions as I'm no longer feeling pissed off about it. The car felt so much more smooth last night it had a really harshness to it before this that is hard to describe really. There was this "buh" sound on lighter throttle around town especially if the trans stayed in the higher gears without downshifting. That bugged me way more than the bit of highway drone I got on the freeway strangely enough. I could've lived with that part.
Old 05-24-2018, 01:06 PM   #119
rontammy0
Account Suspended

Quote:
Yeah I think that's what I've been struggling with I suspect with my delete the sound wasn't out the back as you say but perhaps from underneath or through the trunk. I even tried adding styrofoam under the trunk mat at one point to see if it would soften the sound but it didn't.

A kid that plays in my summer hockey group has a LS3 Camaro with a full Borla ATAK catback on it. I'm going to see if he will take me for a ride one night after it to see what it sounds like inside the car. For me inside sound is critical as thats what I have to like while driving it.

At least for now I'm content it cost a few bucks to experiment but not the end of the world by any means. Now I can take my time making decisions as I'm no longer feeling pissed off about it. The car felt so much more smooth last night it had a really harshness to it before this that is hard to describe really. There was this "buh" sound on lighter throttle around town especially if the trans stayed in the higher gears without downshifting. That bugged me way more than the bit of highway drone I got on the freeway strangely enough. I could've lived with that part.
Ya a drive with the Borla will give you a good idea.