Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Photos | Spyshots | Video | Media Gallery

Old 07-29-2008, 01:59 PM   #43
odie23

Drives: Jeep
The decklids looking a little clutterd what with the 3rd brake light, on star fin, antenna, what's next, a luggage carrier?
odie23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2008, 04:47 PM   #44
chevydude26

Drives: Future 2011 camaro convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by MerF View Post
I also am pleased with the SS bumper, but I'll have to reserve harsh judgment until I see it in person.

Something many of you could try out.
why do people get offended if you don't say the rosiest thing about the car...

this is a site dedicated to camaros...not pink volkswagon beetles we don't all have to be so nice and uptight all the time ....

This is america why is everybody worried about being so politicaly correct why can't we have an opinion and thats that
chevydude26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2008, 06:52 PM   #45
MerF
Go Rays!

Drives: 03 Trailblazer
I'm not advocating someone shouldn't have an opinion, but the tools that have been posting since release day all the 10000 reasons they are going to buy a Challenger or GT500 instead of Camaro are what gets us a little sick of hearing it.

So you think the bumper is not great...on your computer screen....and that makes you want to buy a Mustang instead. Who effing cares, go write a blog to MM&FF or whatever it's called, this is a Camaro forum where we have great reputation of being pretty positive (about the car that is). That's all I'm saying.

Now that being said, I do agree with some opinions that the decklid is looking pretty cluttered, but I don't see any way around that with the industry standards on the taillight and the obvious crux on the XM that we have in today's society. It doesn't mean I want a Mustang now, it just means, "well that's a cluttered trunk, and it takes away from the rear end a little".

See the difference?
MerF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2008, 06:58 PM   #46
chevydude26

Quote:
Originally Posted by MerF View Post
I'm not advocating someone shouldn't have an opinion, but the tools that have been posting since release day all the 10000 reasons they are going to buy a Challenger or GT500 instead of Camaro are what gets us a little sick of hearing it.

So you think the bumper is not great...on your computer screen....and that makes you want to buy a Mustang instead. Who effing cares, go write a blog to MM&FF or whatever it's called, this is a Camaro forum where we have great reputation of being pretty positive (about the car that is). That's all I'm saying.

Now that being said, I do agree with some opinions that the decklid is looking pretty cluttered, but I don't see any way around that with the industry standards on the taillight and the obvious crux on the XM that we have in today's society. It doesn't mean I want a Mustang now, it just means, "well that's a cluttered trunk, and it takes away from the rear end a little".

See the difference?
then whats the point of writing anything since like you say nobody cares...its a forum to discuss opinions...

and who said i was going to buy a mustang??

just because some people have a certain taste doesn't make them tools...

this thing still looks like an iver and we really haven't seen a completely done ss...that front bumper makes the ss look incomplete...i can gaurantee reviewers will question why they changed the front bumper and that its less attractive
Old 07-29-2008, 07:40 PM   #47
boxmonkeyracing
juggernaut

Drives: VRSCF, 2011 SS vert
Send a message via AIM to boxmonkeyracing Send a message via Yahoo to boxmonkeyracing
Quote:
Originally Posted by chevydude26 View Post
this thing still looks like an iver and we really haven't seen a completely done ss...that front bumper makes the ss look incomplete...i can gaurantee reviewers will question why they changed the front bumper and that its less attractive
hmmm I think they said the same thing about the CTS when it came out. too unique/ugly. but I believe it's one of their best selling cars.

Last edited by boxmonkeyracing; 07-29-2008 at 07:56 PM.
boxmonkeyracing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2008, 08:04 PM   #48
chevydude26

Quote:
Originally Posted by boxmonkeyracing View Post
hmmm I think they said the same thing about the CTS when it came out. too unique/ugly. but I believe it's one of their best selling cars.
new cts is a beauty bro...

i'm not too worried though i'm just going to switch bumpers...still a beautiful car...i just don't like when it deviates from the perfection of the concept
Old 07-29-2008, 08:46 PM   #49
boxmonkeyracing
juggernaut

Drives: VRSCF, 2011 SS vert
Send a message via AIM to boxmonkeyracing Send a message via Yahoo to boxmonkeyracing
Quote:
Originally Posted by chevydude26 View Post
new cts is a beauty bro...

i'm not too worried though i'm just going to switch bumpers...still a beautiful car...i just don't like when it deviates from the perfection of the concept
not talking about the new cts. . .I'm talking about when they debuted the CTS back around when matrix reloaded came out. . .all the car mags and everyone said it was polarizing and ugly/unique. . .now it's one of the best selling caddies out there.

most people feel the changes were for the better. my biggest concern isn't the bumper. it's the interior. . .but that was perfected in my book.
boxmonkeyracing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2008, 08:57 PM   #50
z28collection
waiting for 5th gen

Drives: 99 z28 6 speed, 81 z28 auto
i like it

i like it the, lower grill is a bit wierd, but i like it. and im still waiting to buy the vert with a v8 and m6, i dont care i just want my car!

http://www.myspace.com/ashleyjfowlkes
z28collection is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2008, 09:29 PM   #51
Splicerguy

Drives: 2002 trailblazer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silverado View Post
I may be holding out for the convertible now (since I can't get t-tops...no, I'm not starting that conversation again...lol).

But, do they really have to screw up the looks of the car with the shark fin mounted on the decklid? I mean damn, how bad does something have to look before they fix it?

PLEASE, GM, if you're listening, don't put that there....find some other way, almost any other way, to mount the OnStar antenna.
I agree that the rear decklid is a bit busy....

O great, wise, and powerful Fbodfather...would it be possible to merge the 3rd brakelight housing and the XM antenna? I think that if you could merge them, a single unit would look better. Just an idea..

I want to thank you and the rest of the Camaro team for all your hard work. The car is awesome!
Splicerguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2008, 09:42 PM   #52
Splicerguy

Drives: 2002 trailblazer
How's this? (forgive me..I'm terrible with pictures)

Name:  CamaroVert.jpg
Views: 660
Size:  44.2 KB
Splicerguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2008, 10:18 PM   #53
Mindz
E.B.A.H.

Drives: you wild...
Location: In the happy padded room wearing a jacket that makes me hug myself...
How about incorporating the Third brakelight into the lip spoiler? I might just remove the third brake light enclosure and make the bowtie the third brake light.
Old 07-30-2008, 06:37 AM   #54
odie23

Drives: Jeep
Basically folks are nitpicking, me included. That comes from wanting the car NOW. In a year or two we'll start seeing there's too many Camaro threads.
odie23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2008, 08:20 AM   #55
chevydude26

Quote:
Originally Posted by boxmonkeyracing View Post
not talking about the new cts. . .I'm talking about when they debuted the CTS back around when matrix reloaded came out. . .all the car mags and everyone said it was polarizing and ugly/unique. . .now it's one of the best selling caddies out there.

most people feel the changes were for the better. my biggest concern isn't the bumper. it's the interior. . .but that was perfected in my book.
those car mags are stupid then because when the cts first came out it brought cadillac back...before cadillac was viewed as cars for old people...
Old 07-30-2008, 08:25 AM   #56
Punk_rider

Drives: VW Typ 166 + Black 1LE
I personally hate it! SS front bumper is still a REAL deal breaker

However, it must be cool to drive