Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Cold Air Inductions
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > General Automotive + Other Cars Discussion

General Automotive + Other Cars Discussion Come chat about other cars.

Old 07-28-2006, 08:47 AM   #1
Tran
Administrator

Drives: 2010 Camaro of course....
production Challenger to look exactly like concept, what about Camaro?

So I read yesterday that the production Challenger will have the same exact exterior as the concept version. This was announced by Tom Tremont (Chrysler Group vice president and chief designer) on Chrysler's media-only blog TheFirehouse.biz. It was said that we won't be able to tell from the outside the production version from the concept version. They were afraid that if they strayed too far away from the concept version (which received great reaction from fans), they'd catch a lot of flak and lose interest.

GM really needs to take the same approach with the Camaro, seeing as how the concept has gotten such awesome reaction from the general public!!
Tran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2006, 01:31 AM   #2
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

Drives: THRSS #2 / CGM#1
I completely agree. GM has their eyes and ears open on this one. They have lost too much in sales to let another go down the drain. They must be listening to all the feedback from the forums/websites/car mag's, etc. in order to determine what, if anything, needs to be changed. I initially wrote and had printed in Chevy Hi-Performance that I didn't like the nose on the Camaro and that I thought it just didn't fit...looking like the nose off a Cadillac. I take it back. The nose grew on me and as for the rest of the car, I hope they don't change a thing. I love the looks of the '69, but would take the concept over it anyday. Just make sure it has the LS-7!
TAG UR IT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2006, 09:36 AM   #3
Twin Turbo

Drives: '05 Ford Mustang
Well, if anyone from GM's reading this.....DON'T CHANGE A THING (oh, and can you sell it over in the UK, please).
Twin Turbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2006, 10:09 AM   #4
PonyTech

Drives: waiting on 5th gen Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by TAG UR IT
I completely agree. GM has their eyes and ears open on this one. They have lost too much in sales to let another go down the drain. They must be listening to all the feedback from the forums/websites/car mag's, etc. in order to determine what, if anything, needs to be changed. I initially wrote and had printed in Chevy Hi-Performance that I didn't like the nose on the Camaro and that I thought it just didn't fit...looking like the nose off a Cadillac. I take it back. The nose grew on me and as for the rest of the car, I hope they don't change a thing. I love the looks of the '69, but would take the concept over it anyday. Just make sure it has the LS-7!
From today's announcement it sounds like the production version will look amost exactly like the concept. Great decision IMO.
PonyTech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2006, 02:07 PM   #5
Twin Turbo

Drives: '05 Ford Mustang
Never mind almost the same, I want it EXACTLY the same
Twin Turbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2006, 01:48 AM   #6
$anani

Drives: chevy s10
i agree with u tag but i thought the same but the opening on the front could be a little bigger like the 69, and the back where corvette lights. but like u said it grow on u.i'll still but it over the ford mustang or challenger
$anani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2006, 07:55 AM   #7
Moose

Drives: '99 Camaro SS #1392
To the best of my knowledge, the production version will closely follow the concept.

I have faith in GM that the production version will turn out great, just as the concept did.
Moose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2008, 07:08 PM   #8
shank0668

Drives: Jeep
Send a message via AIM to shank0668
yea pretty close
shank0668 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2008, 07:11 PM   #9
Shadowsong

Drives: 2005 Mustang
DANG! Thread-Necro much?

Nah but really this was an OLD thread.
Shadowsong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2008, 08:13 PM   #10
Nickdago

Drives: 01 Z06 08 CTS 07 Avy LTZ
Close but no cigar!
Nickdago is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2008, 10:55 PM   #11
DGthe3
Moderator.ca

Drives: 05 Grand Am GT
Send a message via MSN to DGthe3
The Camaro SS is as close to the concept as the Challenger SRT8 was to its concept. Well, on the outside at least. The interior was improved on the Camaro and the Challenger interior was replaced with the one from the Charger

WE DO NOT TALK ABOUT FUTURE PRODUCT PLANS PERIOD FbodFather

Camaro5 Fest sub-forum
DGthe3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2008, 11:38 PM   #12
kevin2323

Drives: challenger
Quote:
Originally Posted by DGthe3 View Post
The Camaro SS is as close to the concept as the Challenger SRT8 was to its concept. Well, on the outside at least. The interior was improved on the Camaro and the Challenger interior was replaced with the one from the Charger
Indeed my friend...
kevin2323 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2008, 11:40 PM   #13
Muscle Master
SS Lightning

Drives: An SRT8
But what bugs me if that I sort of like the interior, not to flashy, big comfy leather seats, the good old plain look, don't really have a problem with it

Still needs to be upgraded

Quote:
The first rule of modding something that's not American is to not try to compete with modded V8 cars that are American. Really, they can run insane power with little investment. It's not even a fair fight.
Camaro 2SS RS, IBM, White Rally Stripes, custom fuel door: Status: going to the dealer: soon
Muscle Master is offline   Reply With Quote