Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com
 
RDP Motorsport
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions

Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions Discuss pricing and ordering experiences.

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 07-31-2008, 10:27 AM   #1
RickyTheStorm
 
Drives: '10 Camaro 2SS,04 Colorado,06 ZX6R
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Chambersburg, PA
Posts: 524
Woot! Putting deposit down today!

Just got off the phone with my dealer and I am going to put my $500 deposit down to hold a spot - my dealer hasn't had any spots "reserved" yet so I will be #1 on the list Can't wait!
RickyTheStorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2008, 10:30 AM   #2
The_Stache
SoCal Race Team #13
 
The_Stache's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 1SS:RS:LS3:SW
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Gilbert, AZ
Posts: 1,716
Good luck, Get a contract, and make sure its binding.
__________________
A.K.A - Diarmadhi (old handle) - So much to do.. So little money
Owner : Fast-Stache Industries LLC
The_Stache is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2008, 10:43 AM   #3
RickyTheStorm
 
Drives: '10 Camaro 2SS,04 Colorado,06 ZX6R
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Chambersburg, PA
Posts: 524
Quote:
Originally Posted by diarmadhi View Post
Good luck, Get a contract, and make sure its binding.
Thanks, will do! Though my dealer has been my families dealer since 1989 for 10 vehicles and they have never done us wrong, I will be sure to have peace of mind
RickyTheStorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2008, 10:43 AM   #4
IROCZJEFF
 
IROCZJEFF's Avatar
 
Drives: 69Z 70Z 85IROC-Z 911LE 97 SS
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Cleveland Ohio
Posts: 179
Deposit ready here!

I went to my dealer last night and they shared some info with me they got. I have the first Camaro comming in at my dealership. Inferno Orange SS/RS with optional Inferno orange seat accents. White stripes and 6-speed of course! Feels good to know the Camaro is finally comming. Jeff
IROCZJEFF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2008, 10:53 AM   #5
RickyTheStorm
 
Drives: '10 Camaro 2SS,04 Colorado,06 ZX6R
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Chambersburg, PA
Posts: 524
Quote:
Originally Posted by IROCZJEFF View Post
I went to my dealer last night and they shared some info with me they got. I have the first Camaro comming in at my dealership. Inferno Orange SS/RS with optional Inferno orange seat accents. White stripes and 6-speed of course! Feels good to know the Camaro is finally comming. Jeff
Awesome - I am ordering mine specifically with the options I am picking, just cause I don't want to be missing something I want, and they are sending it out with their first order for the cars. So mine will be one of the first on the lot
RickyTheStorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2008, 11:00 AM   #6
Captain Awesome
Account Suspended
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: New York
Posts: 3,747
I hope you guys are paying MSRP or below.
Captain Awesome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2008, 12:31 PM   #7
LadiesMan217

 
LadiesMan217's Avatar
 
Drives: '10 IOM/IO 2SS/RS
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: MA
Posts: 1,679
Ditto...

Did they give you a set price? Did they say, "MSRP?"

I just don't understand signing a contract on something I don't know the price of. (Or even ORDERING).
__________________
Proud Member of NEC5!
LadiesMan217 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2008, 12:41 PM   #8
carfansince73

 
carfansince73's Avatar
 
Drives: Carefully
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Florida
Posts: 1,017
Quote:
Originally Posted by RickyTheStorm View Post
Just got off the phone with my dealer and I am going to put my $500 deposit down to hold a spot - my dealer hasn't had any spots "reserved" yet so I will be #1 on the list Can't wait!
Make sure you get IN WRITING that the deposit is refundable. You never know what might happen until then to make you change your mind (not about buying one, but rather when and where )
carfansince73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2008, 12:47 PM   #9
IROCZJEFF
 
IROCZJEFF's Avatar
 
Drives: 69Z 70Z 85IROC-Z 911LE 97 SS
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Cleveland Ohio
Posts: 179
Under Sticker Here!

I have bought a number of cars and trucks from my dealer. I have also had friends buy Vett's from my dealer. Payback time is now.
IROCZJEFF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2008, 02:01 PM   #10
RickyTheStorm
 
Drives: '10 Camaro 2SS,04 Colorado,06 ZX6R
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Chambersburg, PA
Posts: 524
I took care of everything, have my deposit in - contract states it is refundable and I also had them put in that it will be MSRP or below - which my dealer does not believe in price gouging but my sales rep said he understands why I am concerned after the Mustangs. So it is refundable, it will be at MSRP or below, and it will be exactly the way I want

PS - they don't know the actual price so I could not get a set price - just a confirmation that it will be MSRP or below and not more. He said he also believed my GMS discount was applicable too but could not give me a definite as Chevy may say no-go to the GMS for a short while when they are first released. Either way, I am willing to pay up to $40k on a fully loaded SS so the price doesn't concern me at this point
RickyTheStorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2008, 03:28 PM   #11
LadiesMan217

 
LadiesMan217's Avatar
 
Drives: '10 IOM/IO 2SS/RS
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: MA
Posts: 1,679
Quote:
Originally Posted by RickyTheStorm View Post
I took care of everything, have my deposit in - contract states it is refundable and I also had them put in that it will be MSRP or below - which my dealer does not believe in price gouging but my sales rep said he understands why I am concerned after the Mustangs. So it is refundable, it will be at MSRP or below, and it will be exactly the way I want

PS - they don't know the actual price so I could not get a set price - just a confirmation that it will be MSRP or below and not more. He said he also believed my GMS discount was applicable too but could not give me a definite as Chevy may say no-go to the GMS for a short while when they are first released. Either way, I am willing to pay up to $40k on a fully loaded SS so the price doesn't concern me at this point

Congrats! Now, when you say $40K...and fully loaded...does that include a sunroof and NAV?

Did you order it yet? Or are you just "in line" to order? I'm only asking because you have a contract for a fully loaded SS and you don't want to spend more than $40K...what if what you ordered is more than $40K?

A fully loaded SS with all of the bells and whistles will PROBABLY be a tad more than $40K (This is including EVERY option).
__________________
Proud Member of NEC5!
LadiesMan217 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2008, 06:37 PM   #12
EllwynX


 
EllwynX's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro SS
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Southern NJ
Posts: 2,260
Quote:
Originally Posted by LadiesMan217 View Post
Congrats! Now, when you say $40K...and fully loaded...does that include a sunroof and NAV?

Did you order it yet? Or are you just "in line" to order? I'm only asking because you have a contract for a fully loaded SS and you don't want to spend more than $40K...what if what you ordered is more than $40K?

A fully loaded SS with all of the bells and whistles will PROBABLY be a tad more than $40K (This is including EVERY option).
He's probably just saying that he's willing to pay up to that amount when the prices become available and you can order.

As of now, they aren't taking orders.
EllwynX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2008, 11:42 PM   #13
brantley847
v It bites.
 
brantley847's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 IBM 2SS/RS
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 3,402
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Awesome View Post
I hope you guys are paying MSRP or below.
Yeaaaa, maybe you will all be paying 40k. Make sure that is refundable.

40k for a loaded SS is out of the question, I could understand it for a supercharged maybe Z28, but besides that you are walking in vette territory..
brantley847 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2008, 07:39 AM   #14
jmliptak
 
Drives: D
Join Date: May 2008
Location: D
Posts: 373
Quote:
Originally Posted by brantley847 View Post
Yeaaaa, maybe you will all be paying 40k. Make sure that is refundable.

40k for a loaded SS is out of the question, I could understand it for a supercharged maybe Z28, but besides that you are walking in vette territory..
MAYBE if you go hog wild at the GMPP acessory store, and I mean WILD, will you be able to go over $40k. Otherwise I am with Brantley847, you will likely be able to get a new 2008 Vette (stripped, admittedly, but how bad can a stripper Vette be?) for a few bucks more than $40k.

There was a dealer a while back on one of the Vette boards in CA who had like 30-40 on the lot and was selling them for GM Employee price plus $400. That essentially what GM pays to the dealer for selling a car at employee pricing. You wouldn't have as many bells and whistles, but you would have a few more or the same HP in a car that is much lighter, but I do not doubt that some folks will end up spending more on their Camaros. Not a problem either way, do what makes you happy, but just look at the big picture when the time comes and make the best decision for YOU....
jmliptak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2008, 08:19 AM   #15
RickyTheStorm
 
Drives: '10 Camaro 2SS,04 Colorado,06 ZX6R
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Chambersburg, PA
Posts: 524
Quote:
Originally Posted by LadiesMan217 View Post
Congrats! Now, when you say $40K...and fully loaded...does that include a sunroof and NAV?

Did you order it yet? Or are you just "in line" to order? I'm only asking because you have a contract for a fully loaded SS and you don't want to spend more than $40K...what if what you ordered is more than $40K?

A fully loaded SS with all of the bells and whistles will PROBABLY be a tad more than $40K (This is including EVERY option).
I am in line to Order, I haven't actually picked options yet - as for NAV - from what I understand they are not offering NAV except through OnStar. Sunroof, thats affirmative. My list is as follows:

SS w/RS - Automatic
Aqua Blue Metallic - White Stripes
Jet Black Leather Interior (with interior accent package)
Sun Roof
Premium Sound System (BA 245 Watt 9 speaker system)
Remote Start

That is all I want and is pretty much fully loaded. My guess - less than 40k.
RickyTheStorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2008, 02:12 PM   #16
DILLIGAF
 
DILLIGAF's Avatar
 
Drives: 08 Hummer H3
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Western NY
Posts: 30
Im waiting for a convertible, as i just purchased a Hummer H3 and will be paying on it for the next 5 years or less. I wont be buying the Camaro until I can get my GMS price and have a nice down payment. by the time I am ready they will be out for a few years and i will know exactly what options i want.
__________________
DILLIGAF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2008, 03:50 PM   #17
TonytheTiger

 
TonytheTiger's Avatar
 
Drives: 1999 camaro rs
Join Date: May 2008
Location: phoenix, arizona
Posts: 1,176
awsome!!
TonytheTiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2008, 04:01 PM   #18
Shifty 6
 
Drives: 2010 GTI
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Morton, IL
Posts: 679
I got my deposit down today too... Look for my Ebay auction this weekend.













Kidding! I am waiting to touch the car. I want to see colors in person.
Congratulations to everyone else though. I don't know how you can sleep at night. I can barely wait now and I don't even have a deposit yet.
Shifty 6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2008, 04:29 PM   #19
65bus
 
65bus's Avatar
 
Drives: 92 Z28, 72 Chevy truck, 65 VW
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Lenoir, NC
Posts: 121
Send a message via Yahoo to 65bus
Quote:
Originally Posted by RickyTheStorm View Post
Either way, I am willing to pay up to $40k on a fully loaded SS so the price doesn't concern me at this point
Does no one remember them saying it was going to be priced with the mustang not like the Challenger or am i wrong because if its going to be mid to upper 30's ill have to consider other options like the g8
65bus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2008, 08:14 PM   #20
Captain Awesome
Account Suspended
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: New York
Posts: 3,747
Quote:
Originally Posted by DILLIGAF View Post
Im waiting for a convertible, as i just purchased a Hummer H3 and will be paying on it for the next 5 years or less. I wont be buying the Camaro until I can get my GMS price and have a nice down payment. by the time I am ready they will be out for a few years and i will know exactly what options i want.

Welcome to the club!

I'm still trying to figure out where these reviewers get off saying these things are dog slow. Sure, they're not as quick as a Camaro but quick enough to not be annoying... and switching between a 2000 SS and another vehicle should accentuate any "slowness". I don't find it bad at all!
Captain Awesome is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
some info i heard today aussieaj2007 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions 40 07-21-2008 02:25 PM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:55 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.