Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com
 
Anthony @ LG Motorsports
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Forced Induction - V8


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 10-19-2009, 02:16 PM   #15
MIAPLAYA
 
Drives: cHEVY
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: San Diego
Posts: 115
Some additional pics I got. These are development shots of the kit on the Turbonetics test car... Trying to get you guys some more info now...








For those California people you'll be happy to know that Turbonetics isn't releasing any kits that aren't CARB exempt(approved).
MIAPLAYA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2009, 02:32 PM   #16
MIAPLAYA
 
Drives: cHEVY
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: San Diego
Posts: 115
Got some more details. The kit is most likely going to release with a 62mm compressor but the kit was designed to fit a T-series compressor cover so if someone wants to get really crazy later you could easily replace the unit in the kit with a 76 or 78mm turbo later for even more power. With the 62mm compressor Turbonetics is looking at making 625+WHP at 5-7 PSI on 91 pump. The final dyno chart and kit design is being unveiled at SEMA in a few weeks. I'll be there so I'll post up more photos, details, etc then. Hopefully I'll even get some video for you.
MIAPLAYA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2009, 04:12 PM   #17
gotpball44
Boost Is Your Friend
 
gotpball44's Avatar
 
Drives: 2016 Hyper Blue 1SS Camaro
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: La Mirada CA
Posts: 1,196
Send a message via AIM to gotpball44
Quote:
Originally Posted by tones2SS View Post
Very nice!!
Did you say "at least" over 550 RWHP!?!? How many lbs. of boost? Will it run on pump gas or will meth be used as well?

It will be on 7-8 psi on pump gas. Their goal is to achieve at least 550rwhp (or as close as possible) that is Carb Legal and safe.
gotpball44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2009, 04:15 PM   #18
MIAPLAYA
 
Drives: cHEVY
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: San Diego
Posts: 115
gotpball, so you're the lucky guy huh? I have some pictures of your car (I think) in another thread on here. I'll link.
MIAPLAYA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2009, 04:16 PM   #19
MIAPLAYA
 
Drives: cHEVY
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: San Diego
Posts: 115
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=46513
MIAPLAYA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2009, 04:19 PM   #20
MIAPLAYA
 
Drives: cHEVY
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: San Diego
Posts: 115
Quote:
Originally Posted by gotpball44 View Post
It will be on 7-8 psi on pump gas. Their goal is to achieve at least 550rwhp (or as close as possible) that is Carb Legal and safe.
It might be a bit more then 550 RWHP...
MIAPLAYA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2009, 04:29 PM   #21
wavrun2000
o come on
 
wavrun2000's Avatar
 
Drives: 06 GTO
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Naples FL
Posts: 439
Ballpark price? And will you be able to get just the piping, intercooler, injectors, and all that (basically everything but the compressor) also?
__________________
06 GTO with three pedals like it should be
wavrun2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2009, 05:25 PM   #22
MIAPLAYA
 
Drives: cHEVY
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: San Diego
Posts: 115
Quote:
Originally Posted by wavrun2000 View Post
Ballpark price? And will you be able to get just the piping, intercooler, injectors, and all that (basically everything but the compressor) also?
I don't have any kind of pricing. I'm not a vendor so I couldn't even begin to guess on a price. I don't think Turbonetics is going to release the kit without the turbocharger. In the past they have done tuner kits for other cars so you could order all the hardware but no fuel, or tuning stuff but I don't think they have ever released a kit without the turbocharger.
MIAPLAYA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2009, 05:47 PM   #23
d69chris
Florida C5
 
d69chris's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS Vortech L99 IOM
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Tequesta, FL
Posts: 2,609
Send a message via Yahoo to d69chris
That is one busy looking engine compartment.

Can't wait to see it at SEMA!
__________________
Ordered 11/08/08....Del. 08/05/2009 Loving every minute of it! Don't hate me because i'm Pretty....
d69chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2009, 05:56 PM   #24
tones2SS


 
tones2SS's Avatar
 
Drives: '13 Roush S3 '16 Ram Sport 4X4
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Massachusetts
Posts: 2,911
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by MIAPLAYA View Post
Got some more details. The kit is most likely going to release with a 62mm compressor but the kit was designed to fit a T-series compressor cover so if someone wants to get really crazy later you could easily replace the unit in the kit with a 76 or 78mm turbo later for even more power. With the 62mm compressor Turbonetics is looking at making 625+WHP at 5-7 PSI on 91 pump. The final dyno chart and kit design is being unveiled at SEMA in a few weeks. I'll be there so I'll post up more photos, details, etc then. Hopefully I'll even get some video for you.
WOW!!!
A 62mm turbo with OVER 625RWHP?!!?!? 5-7psi. And, on 91 pump gas? Very nice.
Will that 76/78mm turbo be 50 state legal? And about how many horses will that put down at the rear wheels?
I'm gonna guess over 750?? Thanks guys!!
tones2SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2009, 05:57 PM   #25
LSXgirl
 
Drives: turbo'd 4 banger
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: California
Posts: 199
Quote:
Originally Posted by gotpball44 View Post
It will be on 7-8 psi on pump gas. Their goal is to achieve at least 550rwhp (or as close as possible) that is Carb Legal and safe.
Mind taking me for a spin since I live 2 minutes away?
LSXgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2009, 06:37 PM   #26
MIAPLAYA
 
Drives: cHEVY
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: San Diego
Posts: 115
Quote:
Originally Posted by LSXgirl View Post
Mind taking me for a spin since I live 2 minutes away?
LOL, I don't work up there so its not my call Looks like the vehicle's owner is posting here though so you might want to see if he can take you for a spin..
MIAPLAYA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2009, 06:41 PM   #27
MIAPLAYA
 
Drives: cHEVY
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: San Diego
Posts: 115
Quote:
Originally Posted by tones2SS View Post
WOW!!!
A 62mm turbo with OVER 625RWHP?!!?!? 5-7psi. And, on 91 pump gas? Very nice.
Will that 76/78mm turbo be 50 state legal? And about how many horses will that put down at the rear wheels?
I'm gonna guess over 750?? Thanks guys!!
I'm confirming the 625 is Wheel horsepower. That's the only kind I think about but I shot an email to my buddy over there to make sure I'm not posting bogus stuff. The 76/78mm compressor would require a different tune obviously and some much higher fuel needs so I don't know if it could be CARB compliant. Turbonetics may decide to make those other compressors as an upgrade kit but I couldn't tell you for sure right now. I'll ask him about that too. An HP76 compressor is good for 1000 HP of air easily and a 78 is more than that so yeah its possible with the right combination of parts. I'll post something up on the base kits power goals when I get something back.
MIAPLAYA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2009, 06:49 PM   #28
MIAPLAYA
 
Drives: cHEVY
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: San Diego
Posts: 115
Quote:
Originally Posted by MIAPLAYA View Post
I'm confirming the 625 is Wheel horsepower. That's the only kind I think about but I shot an email to my buddy over there to make sure I'm not posting bogus stuff. The 76/78mm compressor would require a different tune obviously and some much higher fuel needs so I don't know if it could be CARB compliant. Turbonetics may decide to make those other compressors as an upgrade kit but I couldn't tell you for sure right now. I'll ask him about that too. An HP76 compressor is good for 1000 HP of air easily and a 78 is more than that so yeah its possible with the right combination of parts. I'll post something up on the base kits power goals when I get something back.
Just got the email back from my buddy. 625+ is the crank HP target at 5-7 PSI. When they get the final tune and dyno run done I'll get a video clip and the sheet to post. I know for the Mustang GT kit they planned to make 450 CHP and ended up actually making 434 RWHP and 461 ft/lb of wheel torque in a mag article at 8.5 PSI so we'll see what they end up with on this kit. The 62 mm compressor is good for more then 600 WHP so we'll see what they come up with. I know they are trying to keep it reliable and CARB compliant so we'll see.
MIAPLAYA is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
V8 Camaro Performance Upgrades List Milk 1027 Camaro V8 LS3 / L99 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons 89 02-20-2015 08:43 PM
GM memo to dealers Moose 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions 41 02-04-2010 07:33 PM
Official Camaro Convertible CONCEPT Press Release Tran Camaro Convertible Forum 12 11-18-2009 07:05 PM
The DEFINITIVE EXPLANATION OF CAMARO SUSPENSION, ISSUES, AND UPGRADES Info@PeddersUSA.com Suspension / Brakes / Chassis 106 10-19-2009 06:08 PM
ULTIMATE PERFORMANCE* TURBO Camaro SS -- 750hp Custom Single Turbo Kit (T04Z) Ultimate Performance Forced Induction - V8 496 10-11-2009 01:29 PM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:50 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.