#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > ZL1 Discussions

Bigwormgraphix

Old 04-23-2020, 02:00 PM   #1
Ead731

Drives: Camaro ZL1
2019 camaro ZL1 bout on HP yields

Hello everyone,

First off I’m new to the forums so if this is a duplicate post or I did something wrong I apologize I advance.

I have a 2019 camaro zl1 manual and I’m looking to do some bolt on mods and curious as to what the horsepower would yield me on each mod. Also if any knows a rough idea on prices I should expect that would be great as well. The mods are headers and high flow cats, rotoFab CAI, throttle body (maybe ported), upper pulley (at least 2.3), and a ported blower. I don’t want to do any e85 so I would be looking at a 91/93 octane fuel and obviously a tune. I would love to hit 650rwhp do you guys think that’s achievable? Also if there are other mods to help me achieve that number I’m all ears!! This car will be a weekend warrior and also see some track use starting this summer. Thanks to everyone in advance!!!
Ead731 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2020, 02:59 PM   #2
SFV1LE

Drives: 2018 Hyper Blue ZL1 1LE
While getting a dyno tune you should do E85 or a 100 oct tune, it's a cheap and safe way to get a lot more power. I don't recommend Meth, these systems can fail can cause catastrophic damage, seen that many times on turbo imports with high end meth systems.

100 octane tune will not require any fueling upgrades, and if you keep the E85 tune conservative you wont need fueling for that either. But a 2nd tune for 100/E85 gives you the option of throwing some in for road course, drag strip, weekend hooning etc to have that extra warp speed feeling. I would not tune my car and void warranty for anything less.

And btw I dont plan to tune my ZLE, at least for a few years and until Katech sells a proven blueprinted oil pump.
SFV1LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2020, 03:04 PM   #3
Pantherzl1

Drives: 2019 Camaro zl1
Ive seen a zl1 with just an upper pulley, intake, Headers and ported blower, make 650whp, and it blew the doors off the new 2020GT500

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ead731 View Post
Hello everyone,
Ive seen a zl1 with just an upper pulley, intake, Headers and ported blower, make 650whp, and it blew the doors off the new 2020GT500

First off I’m new to the forums so if this is a duplicate post or I did something wrong I apologize I advance.

I have a 2019 camaro zl1 manual and I’m looking to do some bolt on mods and curious as to what the horsepower would yield me on each mod. Also if any knows a rough idea on prices I should expect that would be great as well. The mods are headers and high flow cats, rotoFab CAI, throttle body (maybe ported), upper pulley (at least 2.3), and a ported blower. I don’t want to do any e85 so I would be looking at a 91/93 octane fuel and obviously a tune. I would love to hit 650rwhp do you guys think that’s achievable? Also if there are other mods to help me achieve that number I’m all ears!! This car will be a weekend warrior and also see some track use starting this summer. Thanks to everyone in advance!!!
Pantherzl1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2020, 07:44 PM   #4
JonDaddy82

Drives: 2018 ZL1 Coupe NFG M6
Check this out:

https://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=550516

You could add a ported blower to that and be at 650 possibly without a tune.
2018 ZL1 M6 <- Not Daily
JonDaddy82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2020, 08:13 PM   #5
Markoz28

Drives: 18 ZL1 nightfall grey A10
650whp should be easy. Consider an expansion tank for cooling. I have the Cordes. It’s about 1 gallon.
Markoz28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2020, 09:40 PM   #6
Zigg L1

Drives: 2018 ZL1 Garnet Red Tintcoat A10
Quote:
Originally Posted by SFV1LE View Post
While getting a dyno tune you should do E85 or a 100 oct tune, it's a cheap and safe way to get a lot more power. I don't recommend Meth, these systems can fail can cause catastrophic damage, seen that many times on turbo imports with high end meth systems.

100 octane tune will not require any fueling upgrades, and if you keep the E85 tune conservative you wont need fueling for that either. But a 2nd tune for 100/E85 gives you the option of throwing some in for road course, drag strip, weekend hooning etc to have that extra warp speed feeling. I would not tune my car and void warranty for anything less.

And btw I dont plan to tune my ZLE, at least for a few years and until Katech sells a proven blueprinted oil pump.
You have to be one of the few who doesn't like meth injection. It has many benefits to the car it cools and adds octane levels and help your car burn cleaner. There are warning lights if something goes wrong with your pump.
Zigg L1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2020, 09:51 PM   #7
CW3SF

Drives: 2019 Chevy Camaro ZL1 M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zigg L1 View Post
You have to be one of the few who doesn't like meth injection. It has many benefits to the car it cools and adds octane levels and help your car burn cleaner. There are warning lights if something goes wrong with your pump.
I ran w/m for 11 years on a supercharged Viper and never had one issue with it. I agree with you and I’m not sure why some people think it’s a bad thing.
CW3SF is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bolt ons, horsepower, zl1