Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vector Motorsports
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Marketplace > Sponsors Classifieds Marketplace > Exterior Parts & Accessories

Exterior Parts & Accessories All exterior parts and accessories.

View our official forum sponsors list.

Old 10-19-2009, 09:06 PM   #51
jsharp
NOW CAMMED & SUPERCHARGED

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS Black w/ IOM
Got mine in today and installed all of them today fogs headlight turn signals front/rear markers and taillights took me 2 1/2 hours. These are so easy and perfect its not even funny. I put two lights on with water and the rest I did dry!!! It was easy and the hairdryer took the stretching to cover any area that didnt go right to the edge but I must say I only had that problem 2 times. I actually had to tuck my vinyl behind my chrome rings on the taillights on 3/4 sides and just had to barely stretch the 4th side for perfect fit. The front turn signals by the headlights deff are not cut to little I had to tuck all 4 sides behind the grille on all 4!!. Awesome fit and perfect look. The only thing that hurt me was some fingerprints on the headlights because I put them on dry but they are toward the top but not bad for doing them dry I did wet my fingers but they dried quickly Ill have pics up soon. Overall 10/10. Worst fitting cover in my opinion was the rear marker lights other than that SWEET. Thanks headlight armor!
jsharp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2009, 09:44 AM   #52
wrek
2G1FK1EJ6-9

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS RS Transformer
After reading through all of the options for blacking/darkening the lights I decided on the Headlight Armor product. I goofed a bit in my order but the HA guys stepped up within 30 minutes, contacted me and corrected it in my favor! Great customer support so far. I'll post feedback once I have completed the install So far so good though!
wrek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2009, 10:10 AM   #53
HeadlightArmor

Drives: Company Car
jsharp, great! Thank you.

The headlights are really best done wet as opposed to dry. But they are generally flat and can be done either way - dry is going to be harder to do though.

The rear reflectors are harder to apply than the front reflectors for two reasons. First is the fact that each end has a sharp point and second is that they seem to have more raised lettering on them.

wrek, not a problem, good luck with your installs.

To all those who have used our products, thank you for choosing Headlight Armor!
Old 10-21-2009, 12:38 PM   #54
jsharp
NOW CAMMED & SUPERCHARGED

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS Black w/ IOM
yeah I think water may have been easier but it only tooke me 2-3 minutes per side which I didnt think was bad for dry. Only question I have is any solutions to getting finger prints off or is it not worth it now that they are on. Also the lights I installed with water have little dried waterspots that are between the film and light and I am afraid since they are dry now they wont go away. But they are only seen with lights on not bad though. thanks again
jsharp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2009, 08:48 AM   #55
HeadlightArmor

If you have finger prints on the adhesive side they are going to be there for the duration. I don't know any way around that. If you have only see spots when the lights are on they may dissipate over time. No matter how hard your squeegee there is going to be left over moisture trapped in the texture of the adhesive. This moisture evaporated through the material over time. Depending on how much is there this takes days to months. Hope that helps.
Old 10-22-2009, 06:36 PM   #56
adub4185

Drives: 2010 Black 2SS RS, 1995 BMW M3
Send a message via AIM to adub4185
I am local (addison area). can i just stop by your shop and pick up a set? when are you guys open? thanks!
adub4185 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2009, 10:39 AM   #57
HeadlightArmor

Sorry but we ship all orders, we do not offer a pickup option. We ship daily Monday - Friday. Most orders received by about 2PM Central are processed and shipped the same day.
Old 10-23-2009, 01:05 PM   #58
kelleyperformance

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS
heres some pics of the 30% (the middle one) on my SS/RS. tailights and side markers

Old 10-26-2009, 07:04 AM   #59
wrek
2G1FK1EJ6-9

So the install is done... kind of wish I would've left the headlights yellow but didn't want the attention from the cops.

As for the deliver and customer service, I've already chimed in but now the install.

Mixed feeling here. The directions were very thorough and all that, wish I'd read them but I'm a man and I like to learn new things. Anyway, I installed the side markers, the first one was a PITA but after I saw they were about 1mm shy on each side I just centered them and they look just fine once installed.
The back lights came next. After the first one I figured out NOT TO take the overlays off the paper before installing them.

Tip: PEEL the top of the overlay off the paper, stick it to the light, then peel the rest of hte paper off. This way you avoid fingerprints. I tried a mixture of wet and dry installs, not sure how I feel either way yet. If you line things up right the first time, you don't need wet at all but if you're experienced with things like this or with tint, just do wet where wet is called for.

My only concern so far is a few tiny bubbles and a strange smudgy look behind the overlays. I'm hoping these go away. The smudgy appeared on both the wet and dry installs. I hope it's like window tint and those will go away.

The yellow on the turn signals really makes those pop. The yellow on the fogs matches the car very well. The tints on the sides and tail look amazing and do not hinder the light output much. Not enough that I'll be stopped I don't think.

I wish they would've included a couple for the reverse lights.
Old 10-26-2009, 02:06 PM   #60
HeadlightArmor

Thumbs up

kelleyperformance: Looks great!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrek View Post
The directions were very thorough and all that, wish I'd read them but I'm a man and I like to learn new things.
It's ok, the material and adhesive is pretty forgiving, but they are easier to installed as written in the directions.

The side markers are really straight forward, easiest method is dry by hand, similar to how this TBL goes on

Both the headlights and taillights on the Camaro were designed to go on wet, but it is possible to do them dry given their small size and the fact they are relatively flat, no not sure what the upside to doing them dry would be.

Post up some photos, we would love to see them.
Old 11-06-2009, 08:39 PM   #61
HeadlightArmor

Our apologies to those of you who have tried placing an order today. We have had some technical difficulties with our shopping cart software - causing the site availability issues on an intermittent basis throughout the last two days. Tech support addressed what they thought was the main issue and everything is once again functional. Sorry again for any inconvenience. Have a great weekend!
Old 11-08-2009, 05:28 PM   #62
HeadlightArmor

Post Headlight Armor GT Yellow Fog Light Protection Kits 2010 Camaro

GT Yellow Fog Light Protection kit for the 2010 Chevrolet Camaro - fits standard and RS option cars.

Click the photo for more info on our site.
Old 11-09-2009, 08:15 AM   #63
wrek
2G1FK1EJ6-9

I have the yellow DL kit and they look great. Also, just think you should know what a cool company Headlight Armor is. I won't spill the beans as to why, but they take good care of their customers. Order with confidence.
2SS/RS Transformers Special Edition: Quick Time Performance Electric Cutouts, Custom Exterior Sound Effects (Transforming) by remote or button, Yellow autobot on windshield, Darkened tail and marker lights, Yellow fogs and signals (more yellow for signals), Dash Ambient Lighting, Black Painted Suitcase Mufflers, Autobot bowties and steering wheel, yellow leather stitching, yellow SS symbol on headrests, blacked out back trunk lid, blacked out brake light trim.
Pics of my 2010 2SS/RS Camaro
Old 11-09-2009, 06:24 PM   #64
HeadlightArmor

Thanks for the kind words wrek!

For those who have ordered one of our Smoked Taillight or Smoked Taillight and Side Marker kits prior to the 6th of November, please check your email if you have not already done so
Old 11-09-2009, 08:20 PM   #65
DON_RAFA
NY5THGEN

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2LT/RS/A6/SIM/IO
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeadlightArmor View Post
Thanks for the kind words wrek!

For those who have ordered one of our Smoked Taillight or Smoked Taillight and Side Marker kits prior to the 6th of November, please check your email if you have not already done so
thank you

Last edited by DON_RAFA; 11-13-2009 at 08:05 AM.
DON_RAFA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2009, 08:50 PM   #66
HeadlightArmor

I think I just re-sent it to you. If I guessed your order number.. Will send a PM.
Old 11-12-2009, 08:37 PM   #67
HeadlightArmor

Headlight Armor Smoked Taillight kit now include FREE backup light pieces too!

Headlight Armor is happy to announce the inclusion of the reverse light pieces in both our smoked taillight kit and our smoked taillight and side marker kit for the 2010 Camaro!

Taillights and Reverse Lights (click photo to view)

Taillights, Side Markers, and Reverse Lights (click photo to view)

All customers who purchased either our smoked taillight kit or our smoked taillight and side marker kit before 11/6/2009 have been contacted with instructions for obtaining a free set of reverse lights pieces. All applicable orders placed after 11/6/2009 have included a pair of matching reverse light pieces.

The pieces for the reverse lights are slightly bigger then the opening in the bumper, which will make the install a little more work, but the end result is a clean look. We should have the stand alone reverse lights on the site Friday for those of you not looking to smoke out your taillights too.
Old 11-13-2009, 05:35 PM   #68
HeadlightArmor

Post Headlight Armor Smoked Reverse Light Kit

As posted above, Headlight Armor is now including the reverse lights with both our smoked taillight kit and our smoked taillight and side marker kits. We also have them on the site here - 2010 Camaro Smoked Reverse Light Kit for those interested in a stand alone option.

Light Smoke

Smoke

Dark Stealth Smoke
Old 11-15-2009, 09:24 AM   #69
HeadlightArmor

Cool Stealth Smoke Fog Light Protection Kits from Headlight Armor

Dark Stealth Smoke Fog Light Protection kit for the 2010 Chevrolet Camaro in the afternoon sun - fits standard and RS option cars.

Click the photo for more info on our site.
Old 11-16-2009, 09:30 AM   #70
HeadlightArmor

Post Headlight Armor HID Blue Headlight Protection Kit 2010 Camaro

Headlight Armor HID Blue Headlight Protection Kit (also available in sets with matching signals and fog lights too)

All of our lighting kits are sold in pairs / sets. One item per vehicle. Our HID Blue Headlight Protection Kits are designed to shine bright white.

Night Testing Examples - Test vehicle with standard halogen bulbs

Stock / Clear Headlight Protection Kit

HID Blue Headlight Protection Kit

Let us know if you have any questions and thanks again for your support!

Last edited by HeadlightArmor; 11-24-2009 at 10:04 PM.
HeadlightArmor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2009, 11:20 AM   #71
HeadlightArmor

Post Headlight Armor Light Smoke Headlight Protection Kit 2010 Camaro

Headlight Armor Light Smoke Headlight Protection Kit (also available in sets with matching signals and fog lights too)

All of our lighting kits are sold in pairs / sets. One item per vehicle. Our Light Smoke Headlight Protection Kits are designed to tone down the chrome and give a light smoked look while not having a huge impact on the functionality of the headlights. As they are smoked they do diminish light output.

Last edited by HeadlightArmor; 11-24-2009 at 10:03 PM.
Old 11-18-2009, 06:48 PM   #72
wrek
2G1FK1EJ6-9

Here's my ass featuring Headlight Armor on all lights. I did a piss poor job installing the blackout (not Headlight armor product) on the back trunk lid. Anyway, not sure if you can see it but my muffler cans are flat black. These are the 30% reverse light tints btw.
2SS/RS Transformers Special Edition: Quick Time Performance Electric Cutouts, Custom Exterior Sound Effects (Transforming) by remote or button, Yellow autobot on windshield, Darkened tail and marker lights, Yellow fogs and signals (more yellow for signals), Dash Ambient Lighting, Black Painted Suitcase Mufflers, Autobot bowties and steering wheel, yellow leather stitching, yellow SS symbol on headrests, blacked out back trunk lid, blacked out brake light trim.
Pics of my 2010 2SS/RS Camaro

Last edited by wrek; 11-19-2009 at 05:28 PM.
Old 11-19-2009, 09:12 AM   #73
HeadlightArmor

Looks great! Thanks for sharing!
Old 11-20-2009, 09:53 AM   #74
HeadlightArmor

Post Headlight Armor GT Yellow Headlight Protection 2010 Camaro

Headlight Armor GT Yellow Headlight Protection Kit (also available in sets with matching signals and fog lights too)

All of our lighting kits are sold in pairs / sets. One item per vehicle. Our GT Yellow Headlight Protection Kits are designed to shine yellow and cut through the rain and fog. As see on production sports car racing across the globe - think Porsche 911 endurance racing.

Night Testing Examples - Test vehicle with standard halogen bulbs

Stock / Clear Headlight Protection Kit

GT Yellow Headlight Protection Kit

Let us know if you have any questions and thanks again for your support!

Last edited by HeadlightArmor; 11-24-2009 at 10:03 PM.
Old 11-24-2009, 10:03 PM   #75
HeadlightArmor

Cool Headlight Armor Smoked Headlight Protection Kits 2010 Camaro

Headlight Armor Smoke Headlight Protection Kit (also available in sets with matching signals and fog lights too)

All of our lighting kits are sold in pairs / sets. One item per vehicle.