Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com
 
Solo Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetics and Lighting Modification Discussions


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 10-26-2009, 07:22 PM   #18
SS Mike

 
SS Mike's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS CGM M6
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Orange County, California
Posts: 800
Quote:
Originally Posted by tribone View Post
Great job Mike!! Looks awesome!!
Thanks G, wish I could have had done in time for Cars and Coffee!!!
__________________

Vortech V-3 Kit, ARH LT's, Custom Exhaust, Aeromotive A1000 Fuel System, Custom Tune - 582 rwhp 533 rwtq
22" Modulare H2 Wheels, CF Hood, Trunk, Spoiler & Roof by Carbon by Design, Custom Steering Wheel from P-Factor
Brembo GT BBK, Alpine INA-900, Alpine Type-R Speakers, Hurst Shifter, APR Splitter, Custom Quad Tip Diffuser
CKS C1 Coilovers, Falken 452 Tires, 265/35/22 & 285/35/22, Custom Grille, AAC Halos, and much more to come!!
SS Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2009, 07:25 PM   #19
ZNOLMT
 
ZNOLMT's Avatar
 
Drives: Rally Yellow 2LT
Join Date: May 2009
Location: San Francisco
Posts: 469
That looks beautiful! When can I buy one ??

Oh .. with the sunroof please!
ZNOLMT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2009, 07:50 PM   #20
Xmicro_SS
Thank You GM
 
Xmicro_SS's Avatar
 
Drives: Sky Redline & Camaro 2SS/RS
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Las Vegas, NV
Posts: 2,877
Looking Good SS MIKE!!
__________________
ITS HERE! : 2010 Camaro 2SS / 6 Speed Manual (No other way) / Silver Ice Metallic / Inferno Orange Interior Accent / RS Package / Polished Wheels / SOLO MACH X CAT BACK
Xmicro_SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2009, 07:22 AM   #21
2010_5thgen


 
2010_5thgen's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 Porsche Panamera 4
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Ohio
Posts: 3,277
what!!!!!! looks bad ass. so its jus an overlay though? i would be down for a carbon fiber replacement. but that does look bad ass.
__________________
http://www.gofundme.com/n7ne44

2012 Porsche Panamera 4
2010_5thgen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2009, 09:11 AM   #22
shevyman

 
Drives: 2010 Camaro SS IOM
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: california
Posts: 1,734
ok weird i was talking to travis about doing that with my car and i was told the roof was cut off and the person he was doing it for was gutting his car out for racing. weird but guess when i show travis my car at sema i will again ask my questions.

i had a really cool idea which i am not saying has not been done before but would have looked cool on the camaro. also the best part is my camaro is the hotwheels camaro, body kit designed by hotwheels
shevyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2009, 09:16 AM   #23
Atomic Autosports
 
Atomic Autosports's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Cyber Grey SS/RS LS3
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Florida
Posts: 82
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Smith View Post
Burning question.....Why?
????? Really why? Lets see because it looks great.... quality is awesome, fit looks factory and who does not like CF? So you have zero cosmetic mods!!!!

Great job, I am really particular and would put this on my car in a second.
__________________
2010 Camaro SS/RS
Cyber Grey
Atomic Autosports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2009, 11:44 AM   #24
carbonbydesign
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Oceanside
Posts: 57
Quote:
Originally Posted by shevyman View Post
ok weird i was talking to travis about doing that with my car and i was told the roof was cut off and the person he was doing it for was gutting his car out for racing. weird but guess when i show travis my car at sema i will again ask my questions.

i had a really cool idea which i am not saying has not been done before but would have looked cool on the camaro. also the best part is my camaro is the hotwheels camaro, body kit designed by hotwheels
This is not the car we where talking about. The car that cut his roof out and did a whole replacement was a SRT-4 time attack car. We have done two Camaros like this for sema. We can do a whole roof replacement but that would require a crazy tool and a lot of work on the customers end.

Travis
760-643-1300
carbonbydesign is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2009, 01:35 PM   #25
Mr Smith
Born again Hot Rodder
 
Mr Smith's Avatar
 
Drives: Black 1SS/RS LS3 M6
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Cartoon City, Nevada
Posts: 680
Not so much that....Its just so expensive..I didnt say I didnt like it..Was just wondering why the roof of all things. My cosmetic changes cost less than 70 bucks cause I dont have money to burn on stuff like that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atomic Autosports View Post
????? Really why? Lets see because it looks great.... quality is awesome, fit looks factory and who does not like CF? So you have zero cosmetic mods!!!!

Great job, I am really particular and would put this on my car in a second.
Mr Smith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2009, 03:14 PM   #26
Atomic Autosports
 
Atomic Autosports's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Cyber Grey SS/RS LS3
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Florida
Posts: 82
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Smith View Post
Not so much that....Its just so expensive..I didnt say I didnt like it..Was just wondering why the roof of all things. My cosmetic changes cost less than 70 bucks cause I dont have money to burn on stuff like that.
Cool....I understand that but you didn't say that. Read your post.

In case you forgot
"Burning question.....Why?"
__________________
2010 Camaro SS/RS
Cyber Grey
Atomic Autosports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2009, 07:28 PM   #27
SS Mike

 
SS Mike's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS CGM M6
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Orange County, California
Posts: 800
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atomic Autosports View Post
????? Really why? Lets see because it looks great.... quality is awesome, fit looks factory and who does not like CF? So you have zero cosmetic mods!!!!

Great job, I am really particular and would put this on my car in a second.
Thank you very much. Quality is excellent, and the guys at Carbon By Design are great, doing whatever they can to help and get the job done right the first time!
__________________

Vortech V-3 Kit, ARH LT's, Custom Exhaust, Aeromotive A1000 Fuel System, Custom Tune - 582 rwhp 533 rwtq
22" Modulare H2 Wheels, CF Hood, Trunk, Spoiler & Roof by Carbon by Design, Custom Steering Wheel from P-Factor
Brembo GT BBK, Alpine INA-900, Alpine Type-R Speakers, Hurst Shifter, APR Splitter, Custom Quad Tip Diffuser
CKS C1 Coilovers, Falken 452 Tires, 265/35/22 & 285/35/22, Custom Grille, AAC Halos, and much more to come!!
SS Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2009, 12:58 AM   #28
THUMPER20X
GM fix my PAINT U suck!
 
THUMPER20X's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Black 1SS/RS 6Spd
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Great Red North
Posts: 1,856
Its different but Its the first time Ive seen carbon fiber adding weight to a car.
__________________
THUMPER20X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2009, 11:32 AM   #29
shevyman

 
Drives: 2010 Camaro SS IOM
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: california
Posts: 1,734
Quote:
Originally Posted by carbonbydesign View Post
This is not the car we where talking about. The car that cut his roof out and did a whole replacement was a SRT-4 time attack car. We have done two Camaros like this for sema. We can do a whole roof replacement but that would require a crazy tool and a lot of work on the customers end.

Travis
760-643-1300
ooooo my mistake i do net remember hearing srt4 so if that was not mentioned then i assumed it was a camaro. my mistake.
shevyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2009, 11:47 AM   #30
SS Mike

 
SS Mike's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS CGM M6
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Orange County, California
Posts: 800
Quote:
Originally Posted by THUMPER20X View Post
Its different but Its the first time Ive seen carbon fiber adding weight to a car.
Haha, luckily it's not too much weight

Besides with all the weight I save from my hood and trunk, I think I can spare a few grams
__________________

Vortech V-3 Kit, ARH LT's, Custom Exhaust, Aeromotive A1000 Fuel System, Custom Tune - 582 rwhp 533 rwtq
22" Modulare H2 Wheels, CF Hood, Trunk, Spoiler & Roof by Carbon by Design, Custom Steering Wheel from P-Factor
Brembo GT BBK, Alpine INA-900, Alpine Type-R Speakers, Hurst Shifter, APR Splitter, Custom Quad Tip Diffuser
CKS C1 Coilovers, Falken 452 Tires, 265/35/22 & 285/35/22, Custom Grille, AAC Halos, and much more to come!!
SS Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2009, 11:50 AM   #31
1BadaSS
 
Drives: 2010 CGM 2SS 6spd
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Houston
Posts: 327
That turned out great! Wish I could get that done here in Houston.
__________________
2010 CGM 2SS/6MT-Kooks LT headers w/cats, MBRP Exhaust, D1-SC Procharger, FAST 65lb Injectors, NGK TR-6 plugs, 160* T-stat, ADM Boost Gauge,ChuckTuned= 530rwhp/500rwtq
1BadaSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2009, 12:44 PM   #32
doogie48084
carbon expert
 
Drives: pt cruiser
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: taylor mi
Posts: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric-MPD1.com View Post
Looks like a quality job.

If you want carbonfiber work in Michigan here is the best in this corner of the US,

http://www.3gservicesinc.com/
First of all, I am pleasantly surprised and pleased that you gave us this compliment. Eric at MPD is a Quality Competitor of mine for some of the things we have done for the SSR/
Thanks Eric!

Secondly, I must say carbon by Design did a quality job on the Carbon fiber work on that roof.
I do a lot of Carbon fiber and must say it is difficult to get the weave perfectly straight. That said , I give them a compliment even though we are competitors.

Good job Mike!
Looks Good.
doogie48084 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2009, 01:35 PM   #33
carbonbydesign
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Oceanside
Posts: 57
Quote:
Originally Posted by doogie48084 View Post
First of all, I am pleasantly surprised and pleased that you gave us this compliment. Eric at MPD is a Quality Competitor of mine for some of the things we have done for the SSR/
Thanks Eric!

Secondly, I must say carbon by Design did a quality job on the Carbon fiber work on that roof.
I do a lot of Carbon fiber and must say it is difficult to get the weave perfectly straight. That said , I give them a compliment even though we are competitors.

Good job Mike!
Looks Good.
Thank you for the compliment. It is always nice to have our work admired but especially when it is someone in the same industry. Your work is flawless as well. Glad we our on opposite coast so we are not to much competition for each other.

Travis
760-643-1300
carbonbydesign is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2009, 01:50 PM   #34
The Dark Knight
Batmobile in Disguise
 
The Dark Knight's Avatar
 
Drives: 2009 Pontiac G8
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Upland, Ca
Posts: 2,081
DUDE! I need to see the car now! Are you coming to November's Meet?
__________________
The Dark Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
New Camaro Exterior and Interior Stainless Steel Trim Parts from RPI Designs! RPI Designs Exterior Parts & Accessories 30 02-20-2013 04:23 PM
Think about this and the Z28 5th gen 13F20 Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics 41 09-04-2010 01:59 AM
Official Camaro Convertible CONCEPT Press Release Tran Camaro Convertible Forum 12 11-18-2009 08:05 PM
West Coast Camaro Carbon Fiber Engine Cover WCC Paul Exterior Parts & Accessories 43 08-04-2009 05:24 PM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:20 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.