Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 12-23-2023, 12:55 PM   #1
Zander10
Banned

Drives: Chevy Camaro
Original Pump

Hello to all, and Seasons Greetings. Can I ask if its better to save this tire pump in the tire area. The car never came with a spare or jack even. To me its a weight that I don't need as I carry a jump box with all features. I was told its better to keep all original items with the car.

Zander
Zander10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2023, 02:07 PM   #2
redcoats1976

Drives: LT W/2LT,blue metallic
i dont think it will make a huge difference in resale value unless its a first year ZL-1 with 13 miles on it.i keep mine in the factory location just because its convenient,and since i carry a beach umrella,foldup chair and box of detailing crap in the trunk an extra 10 pounds wont matter.just wish the weather here would get better so i could use the beach umbrella...
redcoats1976 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2023, 02:29 PM   #3
el ess A
Older Than Dirt

Drives: 2010 & 2013 Camaros
Find a nice place to stash it in the garage, put it in a box, and stow it away. It's out of your way, not in the car, and if you want to toss it later, you can, or if you sell your car it's always nice to have OEM stuff when you buy a car from someone. Especially since you wouldn't be supplying a spare tire with it most likely. I know you can't save everything, but you'd be surprised at what people toss and later regret doing that.

Reminds me of the old 1969 Hurst/Oldses, to which <1000 units were made. People bought 'em, then took them to the track, and raced them. Stupid stock ram air cleaner had to be too restrictive, right? So in the dumpster they went. Now if you can find one, an original 69 H/O air cleaner for those cars is worth THOUSANDS of dollars. Even more if restored correctly. Just never know what something may be worth down the road to someone.

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=26108&dateline=142898  4774
el ess A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2023, 12:53 PM   #4
Zander10
Banned

Drives: Chevy Camaro
Thanks All

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zander10 View Post
Space here is limited no garage but I get the point, did anyone get a spare with there Camaro?

Zander

Hi and thanks for your many suggestions, I will be setting this aside for the next possible owner. I observed two hoses, 1 for goop sealer 2. air only. The goop side has been used previously. I hooked it up and the battery and the compressor runs. No garage here strictly apt parking with car cover.

Once again Have a great holiday!

Zander
Zander10 is offline   Reply With Quote