Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 12-07-2023, 06:26 PM   #15
Danial

Drives: 2013 SS/RS, 2015 Camaro SS/RS Vert
It's not always how fast you get there; it's the pleasure in the trip. I find nothing interesting (other than acceleration) about Teslas. The body lines are boring, unimaginative and the epitome of the derogatory phrase, "shit box".

And that's all I got to say 'bout that.
Old 12-07-2023, 06:33 PM   #16
silversleeper
Big Crow

Drives: '13 ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Danial View Post
It's not always how fast you get there; it's the pleasure in the trip. I find nothing interesting (other than acceleration) about Teslas. The body lines are boring, unimaginative and the epitome of the derogatory phrase, "shit box".

And that's all I got to say 'bout that.
Yeah I don't disagree. The body lines remind me of an easy to clean one-piece fiberglass shower enclosure especially in white There are less fun to drive cars if you must get a wife's car.
silversleeper is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2023, 06:39 PM   #17
Moto-Mojo
Fast Cars and Old Guitars

Drives: 2015 2SS RS (L99, baby!)
I hear's ya. I'm just not reading, "That Variable Frequency Drive inverter in a Tesla really rings in my loins when I push the button." Its almost a DNA thing for a Boomer to hear/feel
an ICE thumping in his/her brain - and loins.
Old 12-07-2023, 06:49 PM   #18
Danial

Drives: 2013 SS/RS, 2015 Camaro SS/RS Vert
Quote:
Originally Posted by silversleeper View Post
Yeah I don't disagree. The body lines remind me of an easy to clean one-piece fiberglass shower enclosure especially in white
Old 12-08-2023, 05:30 AM   #19
redcoats1976

Drives: LT W/2LT,blue metallic
the wife drives a 2018 honda civic 2 door.for an around town puddle jumper its fairly decent,and you can surely tell its much lighter than our camaros.
redcoats1976 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2023, 08:41 AM   #20
silversleeper
Big Crow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moto-Mojo View Post
Boomer to hear/feel ICE thumping in his/her ... - and loins.
And an EV is great for those without those "loins" lol. At least it's a fun carnival ride

Quote:
Originally Posted by redcoats1976 View Post
the wife drives a 2018 honda civic 2 door.for an around town puddle jumper its fairly decent,and you can surely tell its much lighter than our camaros.
I hear you. The wife was driving a 2012 4cyl that was good enough until someone ran into me couple months back and totaled it. Their big heavy car didn't look like it hit a trash can, no broken headlight or anything, mine totaled. She has been working 60 hours a week for years and I couldn't keep saying no to an upgrade since that's how things went. She wasn't going to buy-in to a new 6th LT1 with any amount of persuasion.
Edit: I was looking further and I want to ammend my recommendation. You can get a Y Performance model 3.5sec 0-60 for only as low as $50k and a model 3 Performance 3.1sec 0-60 for as low as $47k if you click inventory button minus $7.5k tax incentive, my area seems to also have a $3k rebate which I applied for. The acceleration of these wipes out rear wheel drive muscle cars we also love. These things are so repeatable on unprepped streets. No tire spin or bad starts. I'll post a few pics for thought. I should have got a Performance but hindsight is 20/20
make it a V8 please https://youtu.be/pivzUIOB-gw?t=649
I'll update this last post with more info for anyone thinking of a Y. I got out my Dragy and did some runs. 0-60 I got easily repeatable 4.7's. I bought the $2k acceleration boost and it didn't drop a full half sec as some said, but did drop it to 4.3's. The thing is tuned so it doesn't give you as much power off the line as I'd prefer aka no tire spin. It does power up 30-85mph as I'll attach someone's dyno graph. Keep in mind there is no rpm consideration or easy way to measure the elec motors as they make their full power and torq right off. The OEM just turns it up or down in their tune. The butt dyno matches this graph and makes a strong pull in daily driving type scenarios. The pull reminds me of big blocks e.g. 455's with no sound.
I got the 3D5 motor. If you want to go down the research rabbit hole seems they put the Performance motor in some Austin built Y's last year maybe shortage of motors. My Freemont Cali built has the common less hp motorEdit, I want to add I'm enjoying driving safely but quickly in it. In my previous Camaro I got called in going around a corner safely but quickly. This bathtub can silently go 0-50 around town without raising an eyebrow. I'd say that's my favorite part of having it. I actually turned off the performance boost and detuned it to Chill mode because I was eating up the tires and going about 20mph over the speed limit constantly within seconds and not realizing it because of how quick and silent it is. E.g. Performance Boost $2k not really needed unless you want that in your pocket to show up someone someday.
Attached Images

Last edited by silversleeper; 12-28-2023 at 08:46 AM.
Old 12-28-2023, 08:18 AM   #21
silversleeper
Big Crow

Quote:
Originally Posted by acutron42 View Post
Reported
I'm unclear with bee's reply if I missed something.... and responded incorrectly

Last edited by silversleeper; 12-28-2023 at 08:42 AM.
Old 12-28-2023, 08:30 AM   #22
Bee

Drives: SS/RS - Rally Yellow
Quote:
Originally Posted by silversleeper View Post
Well good for you you've done the world a great favor. You haven't contributed a great deal but someone talking about a fast second car gets your panties in a bunch so be it. I'm enjoying my new daily driver with filll ups that are a fraction of premium gas here. that would give your car fits at a typical stoplight encounter because of tire spin.
If you didn't want to read about an EV why would you click on a title that says EV, moron.
It's all good, acutron wasn't reporting you. There was another post earlier this morning that was clearly a spammer, which has since been deleted.

Keep on driving!

SEPA5 South Eastern Pennsylvania 5th Gen Camaro Club
Bee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2023, 08:41 AM   #23
silversleeper
Big Crow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bee View Post
It's all good, acutron wasn't reporting you. There was another post earlier this morning that was clearly a spammer, which has since been deleted.

Keep on driving!
Oh, thanks, then my apologies to acutron.

Edit: any updates to my review have been appended to the green scatpak post above so I don't keep bumping this thread.

Last edited by silversleeper; 12-28-2023 at 10:32 AM.
Old 12-28-2023, 10:50 AM   #24
acutron42

Drives: 2013 Camaro 2SS AGM
Thanks Bee & sorry silversleeper, I probably should have been more specific. Just looking out for everyone here.
2013 2SS GPI built & tuned 415, spec'd by Andrew Cammer. GPI ported intake/tb/heads, Tooley springs, CHE trunnions, Callies rotating assembly, Diamond pistons, GPI SS3 VVT, ATI 10% ud damper, Circle D 3800, Kooks ceramic coated lt's with green cats, Mishimoto rad & oil cooler, Derale trans cooler, Holley efi rails.
acutron42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2023, 09:35 PM   #25
redcoats1976

Drives: LT W/2LT,blue metallic
last 6th gen camaro rolled off the line a couple of weeks ago.i hope the new electric one doesnt have 4 doors...
redcoats1976 is offline   Reply With Quote