Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com
 
sjm autoprod
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Marketplace > Members Classifieds - Parts for sale or wanted > Autos For Sale / Wanted


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 11-11-2009, 12:09 PM   #15
camarosss
 
camarosss's Avatar
 
Drives: Berger80,02CPE,67SSRS, 12 ZL1 #1342
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Ga
Posts: 163
I wanted to see ZL on these cars and purchase one but def not from SLP. GM should strip that name from them. And whats so bad is GM will prob realize the potential money making from this and start factory producing them like they did with the 4th gen in 1996. SLP started the SS that year with the hood, spoiler and emblem, then Chevrolet picked it up in late 97 through 2002. If SLP wants to do aftermarket things to the 5th gen that's fine but don't use a part of GM history....... hell put SLP575 on the fender and document it under their given name, they put SLP on the 4th gens!

Last edited by camarosss; 11-11-2009 at 12:11 PM. Reason: spelling
camarosss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2009, 01:38 PM   #16
Mr Twisty


 
Mr Twisty's Avatar
 
Drives: the 2nd amendment home
Join Date: May 2008
Location: OK
Posts: 14,181
If your dealership isn't on the 'idiot' list it needs to be... Gouger.

Quote:
Originally Posted by drchevy1 View Post
We have already sold a $60,000 Camaro, factory stock with all the options,......
.
__________________
"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."
-- Benjamin Franklin
Mr Twisty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2009, 09:19 AM   #17
SLP Performance
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro SS
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Toms River, NJ
Posts: 67
Quote:
Originally Posted by Russo View Post
this thread should be moved here: http://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=69

side note; i wonder why these don't come with SLP headers and xpipe too?

Our cars are only available through Chevrolet Dealers and are 50 state emission legal that carry a full warranty. Headers and Xpipes are not legal and we could not include them in any package. What you do after delivery is up to you.

Regards,

David @ Team SLP
SLP Performance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2009, 09:21 AM   #18
SLP Performance
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro SS
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Toms River, NJ
Posts: 67
Quote:
Originally Posted by camarosss View Post
I wanted to see ZL on these cars and purchase one but def not from SLP. GM should strip that name from them. And whats so bad is GM will prob realize the potential money making from this and start factory producing them like they did with the 4th gen in 1996. SLP started the SS that year with the hood, spoiler and emblem, then Chevrolet picked it up in late 97 through 2002. If SLP wants to do aftermarket things to the 5th gen that's fine but don't use a part of GM history....... hell put SLP575 on the fender and document it under their given name, they put SLP on the 4th gens!

ZL is a trademark of SLP and has been for some time.

SLP is and was the tier 1 supplier that produced all 1996 through 2002 Camaro SS's. We do have an aftermarket division that does create many parts for the Camaro.

Regards,

David @ Team SLP
SLP Performance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2009, 09:44 AM   #19
cliffy
Chevy Power Forever
 
cliffy's Avatar
 
Drives: 1969 Dusk Blue Z/28, 2015 Red Z/28
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Flagstaff AZ
Posts: 317
Quote:
Originally Posted by SLP Performance View Post
ZL is a trademark of SLP and has been for some time.

SLP is and was the tier 1 supplier that produced all 1996 through 2002 Camaro SS's. We do have an aftermarket division that does create many parts for the Camaro.

Regards,

David @ Team SLP
OK Dave, I think you need to explain what you mean as far as you produced all the Gen 4 SS's so us neophytes can get our heads around it. Did you take the cars off the line and put your parts on them, then put them back into the GM shipping cue, or did you sell them parts to be installed on the line.

I think I have a hard time coming to grips with the 40k SS's were converted at your shop, but I could be wrong, so edify us
__________________
Cliffy
cliffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2009, 10:32 AM   #20
SLP Performance
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro SS
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Toms River, NJ
Posts: 67
Quote:
Originally Posted by cliffy View Post
OK Dave, I think you need to explain what you mean as far as you produced all the Gen 4 SS's so us neophytes can get our heads around it. Did you take the cars off the line and put your parts on them, then put them back into the GM shipping cue, or did you sell them parts to be installed on the line.

I think I have a hard time coming to grips with the 40k SS's were converted at your shop, but I could be wrong, so edify us
SLP has produced almost 60K vehicles as a second stage manufacturer/Tier 1 Supplier to GM. We produced all 4th Gen Camaro SS's, 1992-2002 Firehawk, 1996-'97 WS6 and a plethora of other specialty vehicles for GM. As a second stage manufacturer of the SS, any Camaro that had the SS RPO code came off the end of the line at GM's St. Therese facility and was trucked a few miles down the road to our facility in LaSalle. Once on our assembly lines, the vehicles were upfitted with the specific SS content (hoods/spoiler/badging/etc..) and any secondary Y2Y optional content. Once finished at SLP, the vehicles were transported back to GM for final QC and distribution.

Regards,

David @ Team SLP
SLP Performance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2009, 11:03 AM   #21
Mr Smith
Born again Hot Rodder
 
Mr Smith's Avatar
 
Drives: Black 1SS/RS LS3 M6
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Cartoon City, Nevada
Posts: 680
Are you saying I can order a full on ZL575 packaged car and it will still retain the GM powertrain warranty and not void it???

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLP Performance View Post
Our cars are only available through Chevrolet Dealers and are 50 state emission legal that carry a full warranty. Headers and Xpipes are not legal and we could not include them in any package. What you do after delivery is up to you.

Regards,

David @ Team SLP
__________________
Black 1SS RS MT: Powder Coated Bow Ties, Blacked out windows, Debadged, 4 Pack gauge cluster. Pure perfection.
Mr Smith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2009, 11:28 AM   #22
SLP Performance
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro SS
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Toms River, NJ
Posts: 67
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Smith View Post
Are you saying I can order a full on ZL575 packaged car and it will still retain the GM powertrain warranty and not void it???
The ZL packages are covered by a 3yr/36K mile warrantee that is done through your selling dealer and is a very similar program to how our past vehicles were dealt with.


Regards,

David @ Team SLP
SLP Performance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2009, 11:31 AM   #23
Mr Smith
Born again Hot Rodder
 
Mr Smith's Avatar
 
Drives: Black 1SS/RS LS3 M6
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Cartoon City, Nevada
Posts: 680
Not trying to be a PITA...Just clarifying. Is that the GM Powertrain warranty or your parts warranty?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLP Performance View Post
The ZL packages are covered by a 3yr/36K mile warrantee that is done through your selling dealer and is a very similar program to how our past vehicles were dealt with.


Regards,

David @ Team SLP
__________________
Black 1SS RS MT: Powder Coated Bow Ties, Blacked out windows, Debadged, 4 Pack gauge cluster. Pure perfection.

Last edited by Mr Smith; 11-12-2009 at 12:02 PM.
Mr Smith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2009, 11:53 AM   #24
SLP Performance
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro SS
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Toms River, NJ
Posts: 67
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Smith View Post
Not trying to be a PITA...Just clarifying. Is that the GM Powertrain warranty or your parts warrenty?
Full coverage of what any of our modifications may affect.


Regards,

David @ Team SLP
SLP Performance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2009, 09:24 PM   #25
camarosss
 
camarosss's Avatar
 
Drives: Berger80,02CPE,67SSRS, 12 ZL1 #1342
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Ga
Posts: 163
Quote:
Originally Posted by SLP Performance View Post
ZL is a trademark of SLP and has been for some time.

SLP is and was the tier 1 supplier that produced all 1996 through 2002 Camaro SS's. We do have an aftermarket division that does create many parts for the Camaro.

Regards,

David @ Team SLP
OK DAVE,
Tell me why GMMG built the 69 2002 ZL-1 camaros and not SLP, if SLP had the trademark of ZL from GM? And what year did GM give SLP the ZL name? I call BS.
camarosss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2009, 03:47 AM   #26
Inferno2SSRS
Jim
 
Inferno2SSRS's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS Orange
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: New York, Staten Island
Posts: 363
Send a message via AIM to Inferno2SSRS
Quote:
OK DAVE,
Tell me why GMMG built the 69 2002 ZL-1 camaros and not SLP, if SLP had the trademark of ZL from GM? And what year did GM give SLP the ZL name? I call BS.
I think if you have any complaints about names you should contact GM directly. SLP was approved the name from GM, and have done a great job with this car all around. I agree with all that its pricey, but stop attacking SLP for them just running there business.
Inferno2SSRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2009, 09:30 AM   #27
SLP Performance
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro SS
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Toms River, NJ
Posts: 67
Quote:
Originally Posted by camarosss View Post
OK DAVE,
Tell me why GMMG built the 69 2002 ZL-1 camaros and not SLP, if SLP had the trademark of ZL from GM? And what year did GM give SLP the ZL name? I call BS.
GM did not give anything to SLP, SLP was awarded the ZL trademark by the US Patent and Trademark office.


Regards,

David @ Team SLP
SLP Performance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2009, 10:06 AM   #28
Revo1
Don't Like it? Suggit.
 
Drives: 2010 2SS/RS
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Fresno, CA
Posts: 14,819
I'm a fan of SLP's 575. Maybe by the time I'm ready to finally buy my 5th gen... My fingers are crossed.
__________________

"Tops off, tach up baby- loud and proud!"
A Camaro lover from day one- 1996 3.8 V6 Camaro, to 1996 5.7 LT1 Camaro Z28, to the sold 2002 5.7 LS1 Camaro SS, and NOW, a [I]6.2 L99 VR 2SS/RS: XS Power stainless full exhaust, Airaid CAI, BMR drop springs and sways, custom tune by Cal Speed- 411rwhp
Revo1 is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply

Tags
575hp, camaro, dell rapids, slp, zl575

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
CAMARO WIKI Tran Wiki 54 02-06-2016 11:33 AM
New Camaro Exterior and Interior Stainless Steel Trim Parts from RPI Designs! RPI Designs Exterior Parts & Accessories 30 02-20-2013 03:23 PM
Does the v6 have enough power? cstproductions Camaro V6 LLT Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons 305 08-29-2012 09:27 PM
Official Camaro Convertible CONCEPT Press Release Tran Camaro Convertible Forum 12 11-18-2009 07:05 PM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:41 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.