Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com
 
JUICEDMOTORSPORTS
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Photos | Spyshots | Video | Media Gallery

Camaro Photos | Spyshots | Video | Media Gallery All Camaro related pictures, videos and other assorted media.

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 08-25-2008, 01:46 PM   #101
Chocolate Apocalypse
Full Fledged Member
 
Chocolate Apocalypse's Avatar
 
Drives: '00-Z28
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Las Vegas
Posts: 278
Holy crap they are like 45 minutes away, does anyone know how long ago were these pics taken?
__________________
'98 Dodge Avenger - Beater
'72 Cutlass - Toy
'00 Z28 - REDRUM - 12.312@111.62 DA:2500' blowing through TC, new TC installed, 11s here I come
Chocolate Apocalypse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2008, 01:54 PM   #102
BowtieGuy
Enlightened
 
BowtieGuy's Avatar
 
Drives: Nothing Currently
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Oklahoma
Posts: 1,300
Quote:
Originally Posted by motorhed View Post
I agree, the curb weight (3800lbs!?!) alone has me thinking used Vettes at this point...i was so sold on the new camaro but i don't think this guy is going to hold water versus the vette in the twisties...which is what i was hoping for. I'm not looking to spend upwards of $35k on a car that needs suspension upgrades and weight reductions. Looks are still killer and love everything else about it but i think i'm going to be disapointed during the test drive. I hope i'm wrong.
Well it may be designed to be the "poor man's Corvette", but that doesn't mean it is one. They may be made by the same company, but they're in totally different classes, and price ranges. Sorry, but I dont want space age tech on my car if it makes it that much more expensive. Example, the two have the same heart (LS3) but will differ by over $10k because of the amount of engineering that goes into the Corvette. If you are looking for 'Vette performance, buy a Corvette. If you want a reasonably priced car with Corvette similarities, buy a Camaro. If you want Corvette performance at Camaro cost, sorry, I don't know where to point you there. It is not fair or logical to expect world class competing performance in an average joe car.

I shall step off the soapbox now. Just tired of people nitpicking.
__________________
If you believe it is your right to speak freely no matter the content, relevance, or intelligence of statement, then it is my duty to the powers that be to set you straight.

People have to talk about something just to keep their voice boxes in working order. So they'll have good voice boxes in case there's ever anything really meaningful to say.
Kurt Vonnegut
BowtieGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2008, 02:04 PM   #103
DGthe3
Moderator.ca
 
DGthe3's Avatar
 
Drives: 05 Grand Am GT
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Niagara, Canada
Posts: 21,860
Send a message via MSN to DGthe3
Turtle, after reading your post I had to take a second look at the brochure, I thought it was the SS as well. But after looking closer I spotted the smaller greenhouse, cut out vents, and smaller mirrors.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BowtieGuy View Post
Well it may be designed to be the "poor man's Corvette", but that doesn't mean it is one. They may be made by the same company, but they're in totally different classes, and price ranges. Sorry, but I dont want space age tech on my car if it makes it that much more expensive. Example, the two have the same heart (LS3) but will differ by over $10k because of the amount of engineering that goes into the Corvette. If you are looking for 'Vette performance, buy a Corvette. If you want a reasonably priced car with Corvette similarities, buy a Camaro. If you want Corvette performance at Camaro cost, sorry, I don't know where to point you there. It is not fair or logical to expect world class competing performance in an average joe car.

I shall step off the soapbox now. Just tired of people nitpicking.
Used corvettes.
__________________
Note, if I've gotten any facts wrong in the above, just ignore any points I made with them
__________________
don't believe a thing you read about the next gen Camaro -- as history has proven time and time again:

WE DO NOT TALK ABOUT FUTURE PRODUCT PLANS PERIOD FbodFather
__________________

Camaro5 Fest sub-forum
DGthe3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2008, 02:06 PM   #104
pinkcamaro10
2G1FC1EV1A9110079
 
pinkcamaro10's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 2LT/RS, 2013 2SS/RS 1LE
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Arizona
Posts: 4,815
Send a message via MSN to pinkcamaro10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chocolate Apocalypse View Post
Holy crap they are like 45 minutes away, does anyone know how long ago were these pics taken?
im pretty sure it was a couple of weeks ago.
__________________
pinkcamaro10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2008, 02:07 PM   #105
motorhed
 
motorhed's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 2SS/RS IOM,2000 Grand Cherokee
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Minneapolis
Posts: 293
Quote:
Originally Posted by BowtieGuy View Post
Well it may be designed to be the "poor man's Corvette", but that doesn't mean it is one. They may be made by the same company, but they're in totally different classes, and price ranges. Sorry, but I dont want space age tech on my car if it makes it that much more expensive. Example, the two have the same heart (LS3) but will differ by over $10k because of the amount of engineering that goes into the Corvette. If you are looking for 'Vette performance, buy a Corvette. If you want a reasonably priced car with Corvette similarities, buy a Camaro. If you want Corvette performance at Camaro cost, sorry, I don't know where to point you there. It is not fair or logical to expect world class competing performance in an average joe car.

I shall step off the soapbox now. Just tired of people nitpicking.

Good points. Let me respond by saying you can get a 2004 C5 Z06 that will probably walk the new camaro pretty well for $28-32K depending on the usual variables. Until the C6 came out, you didn't really have all the glitz and glamour options like navigation, push button start, etc.

How about a really nice used C5 (3250lb) Z06 with every bit of performance for the dollar as possilble for less money than a new SS camaro. I'm not saying that they are the same cars, they are completely different and you're right, different target market but it you start looking at the money for overall performance (not just straight), it's hard to beat a used vette. I dont care or need a back seat, so for some that is a factor.

I'm disapointed because what you call "an average joe car" is not the camaro, that can be a 350Z, Mustang, etc. The Camaro was the vehicle that Chevrolet engineers were really going to spend their time and effort on to make it right. Just sad that these days 3800lbs is the best we can do with a V-8, IRS, and 1000 air bags. It's more of an industry/safety issue rather than a GM issue.

Not nitpicking at all, i think Chevrolet did a wonderful job on the overall execution of the car but i knew the curb weight was going to be a problem given what they were starting with. Cant wait to test drive it and i hope it exceeds my expectations and end up buying one.
__________________
-----------------------------
2011 2SS/RS 6M IOM/IOM

7/23/2010 - 1100
8/18/2010 - Born on Date 2G1FT1EW1B9120590
9/3/2010 - Pick Up
-----------------------------
| Photos |
motorhed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2008, 02:11 PM   #106
smokn'
 
Drives: Banana boat
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: The carribeen
Posts: 228
i'm sorry if this is a repost, didn't have time to read the whole thing, do we not get accented calipers? i was really hoping for some red on my brembos
smokn' is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2008, 02:19 PM   #107
Tomash
 
Tomash's Avatar
 
Drives: (black 2SS Camaro), Suzuki SX4
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Poland
Posts: 207
It's beautiful and glorious, as new Camaro should be.

But... excuse me for my poor knowledge or ignorance, but what're the visual differences between SS and previously revealed RS? Please explain
Tomash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2008, 02:22 PM   #108
pinkcamaro10
2G1FC1EV1A9110079
 
pinkcamaro10's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 2LT/RS, 2013 2SS/RS 1LE
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Arizona
Posts: 4,815
Send a message via MSN to pinkcamaro10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomash View Post
It's beautiful and glorious, as new Camaro should be.

But... excuse me for my poor knowledge or ignorance, but what're the visual differences between SS and previously revealed RS? Please explain

SS has different front bumper, the bottom grille is bigger and there are "cheeks" on the sides. Also the SS has the mail slot.
__________________
pinkcamaro10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2008, 02:23 PM   #109
Hyperknight
Band.
 
Hyperknight's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 SS/RS
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Fort Worth, TX
Posts: 329
Quote:
Originally Posted by HOTCIVIC View Post
I gotta disagree with you. I think the production car looks almost identical to the concept. If you took the 22 inch wheels that were on the concept and put them on the production car, I don't think you'd be able to tell them apart.

GM did a great job. Compare it to the concept Mustang a couple years ago for the current 05 Stang GT. The concept looked pretty good. The production version looked a lot different, and a lot cheaper. Chevy did a great job of not letting this happen with the Camaro.
Hey I remember you from LS2.com!
Hyperknight is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2008, 02:24 PM   #110
DGthe3
Moderator.ca
 
DGthe3's Avatar
 
Drives: 05 Grand Am GT
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Niagara, Canada
Posts: 21,860
Send a message via MSN to DGthe3
Quote:
Originally Posted by motorhed View Post
I'm disapointed because what you call "an average joe car" is not the camaro, that can be a 350Z, Mustang, etc. The Camaro was the vehicle that Chevrolet engineers were really going to spend their time and effort on to make it right. Just sad that these days 3800lbs is the best we can do with a V-8, IRS, and 1000 air bags. It's more of an industry/safety issue rather than a GM issue.
It is sad that the industry has gotten to this point. We have compacts over 3000 lbs and midzided cars pushing 4000. Safety regulations are now going to conflict with fuel economy regulations, cars will average over 3500 lbs but need to get an average of 35 mpg. Somethings gotta give.

Onto the content of your post . . . what is it that prevents the Camaro from being an 'average joe' car? And based on everything that I've seen and heard, the Chevrolet (and Holden) engineers have spent a lot of time and effort making it right: compare it to the rushed Challenger. ~4200 lbs for 425 hp and a parts bin interior. For nearly $40000, but hit the streets almost a year before the Camaro will. So 3813 lbs and 422 hp at nearly $30 000 with a unique interior for an extra few months of 'getting it right' isn't so bad of a trade off.
__________________
Note, if I've gotten any facts wrong in the above, just ignore any points I made with them
__________________
don't believe a thing you read about the next gen Camaro -- as history has proven time and time again:

WE DO NOT TALK ABOUT FUTURE PRODUCT PLANS PERIOD FbodFather
__________________

Camaro5 Fest sub-forum
DGthe3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2008, 02:25 PM   #111
fbodfather


 
fbodfather's Avatar
 
Drives: Camaros................
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Grosse Pointe Farms, MI (suburban Detroit)
Posts: 4,348
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dart View Post
nothing special , camaro dead after 1980 (IMO)

-- according to your post -- you have a "1967 V6 Camaro" --

Hmmm........we didn't BUILD a V6 in 1967.................
fbodfather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2008, 02:25 PM   #112
BowtieGuy
Enlightened
 
BowtieGuy's Avatar
 
Drives: Nothing Currently
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Oklahoma
Posts: 1,300
Quote:
Originally Posted by motorhed View Post
Good points. Let me respond by saying you can get a 2004 C5 Z06 that will probably walk the new camaro pretty well for $28-32K depending on the usual variables. Until the C6 came out, you didn't really have all the glitz and glamour options like navigation, push button start, etc.

How about a really nice used C5 (3250lb) Z06 with every bit of performance for the dollar as possilble for less money than a new SS camaro. I'm not saying that they are the same cars, they are completely different and you're right, different target market but it you start looking at the money for overall performance (not just straight), it's hard to beat a used vette. I dont care or need a back seat, so for some that is a factor.

I'm disapointed because what you call "an average joe car" is not the camaro, that can be a 350Z, Mustang, etc. The Camaro was the vehicle that Chevrolet engineers were really going to spend their time and effort on to make it right. Just sad that these days 3800lbs is the best we can do with a V-8, IRS, and 1000 air bags. It's more of an industry/safety issue rather than a GM issue.

Not nitpicking at all, i think Chevrolet did a wonderful job on the overall execution of the car but i knew the curb weight was going to be a problem given what they were starting with. Cant wait to test drive it and i hope it exceeds my expectations and end up buying one.
My apologies, I completely forgot you were talking about a used Corvette. The only thing I meant about the bolded highlight was the price range. This is an incredibly well engineered car, but GM is going to bring it to us at a price the "average joe" can afford. If I offended you I'm sorry, but I saw you addressing the weight and I immediately felt I had to step in and defend the car I have come to love so much. Hooray for enthusiasts!
__________________
If you believe it is your right to speak freely no matter the content, relevance, or intelligence of statement, then it is my duty to the powers that be to set you straight.

People have to talk about something just to keep their voice boxes in working order. So they'll have good voice boxes in case there's ever anything really meaningful to say.
Kurt Vonnegut
BowtieGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2008, 02:26 PM   #113
fbodfather


 
fbodfather's Avatar
 
Drives: Camaros................
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Grosse Pointe Farms, MI (suburban Detroit)
Posts: 4,348
Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverTurtle View Post
Scott has always said that if you weren't paying close attention, you'd mistake one for the other... and he's right.
Repeat after me: "Da Fbodfather is ALWAYS right......."



fbodfather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2008, 02:29 PM   #114
fbodfather


 
fbodfather's Avatar
 
Drives: Camaros................
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Grosse Pointe Farms, MI (suburban Detroit)
Posts: 4,348
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chocolate Apocalypse View Post
Holy crap they are like 45 minutes away, does anyone know how long ago were these pics taken?
Wednesday and Thursday, August 6 and 7.........
fbodfather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2008, 02:29 PM   #115
BowtieGuy
Enlightened
 
BowtieGuy's Avatar
 
Drives: Nothing Currently
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Oklahoma
Posts: 1,300
Quote:
Originally Posted by fbodfather View Post
-- according to your post -- you have a "1967 V6 Camaro" --

Hmmm........we didn't BUILD a V6 in 1967.................
Maybe Iran jacked with the car?

While you're gracing us with your presence, might I trouble you for a question?

I've been pondering over this for awhile now, and it seems to be the case with many of GM's performance oriented cars, but is 422hp a little, how do you say, "underrated"?
__________________
If you believe it is your right to speak freely no matter the content, relevance, or intelligence of statement, then it is my duty to the powers that be to set you straight.

People have to talk about something just to keep their voice boxes in working order. So they'll have good voice boxes in case there's ever anything really meaningful to say.
Kurt Vonnegut
BowtieGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2008, 02:32 PM   #116
pinkcamaro10
2G1FC1EV1A9110079
 
pinkcamaro10's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 2LT/RS, 2013 2SS/RS 1LE
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Arizona
Posts: 4,815
Send a message via MSN to pinkcamaro10
Quote:
Originally Posted by fbodfather View Post
Repeat after me: "Da Fbodfather is ALWAYS right......."



__________________
pinkcamaro10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2008, 02:32 PM   #117
motorhed
 
motorhed's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 2SS/RS IOM,2000 Grand Cherokee
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Minneapolis
Posts: 293
Quote:
Originally Posted by DGthe3 View Post
It is sad that the industry has gotten to this point. We have compacts over 3000 lbs and midzided cars pushing 4000. Safety regulations are now going to conflict with fuel economy regulations, cars will average over 3500 lbs but need to get an average of 35 mpg. Somethings gotta give.

Onto the content of your post . . . what is it that prevents the Camaro from being an 'average joe' car? And based on everything that I've seen and heard, the Chevrolet (and Holden) engineers have spent a lot of time and effort making it right: compare it to the rushed Challenger. ~4200 lbs for 425 hp and a parts bin interior. For nearly $40000, but hit the streets almost a year before the Camaro will. So 3813 lbs and 422 hp at nearly $30 000 with a unique interior for an extra few months of 'getting it right' isn't so bad of a trade off.

Agree with everything there, just wish i could have my cake and eat it too. There is no doubt that handling will meet most people's expectation, but if you ask someone who has driven/owns a newer corvette to drive it; i'm curious as to what their view would be on it. You're absolutely right on the fuel econ/safety regs....i wonder how the industry will work that out..

There is no doubt in my mind either out it's sales potential, it will outsell all of it's competitors without a problem...the rustang may hold in there for a bit if they bump up the power a bit.
__________________
-----------------------------
2011 2SS/RS 6M IOM/IOM

7/23/2010 - 1100
8/18/2010 - Born on Date 2G1FT1EW1B9120590
9/3/2010 - Pick Up
-----------------------------
| Photos |
motorhed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2008, 02:46 PM   #118
ChrisL
 
Drives: 2000 Firehawk #295
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Orange Co, NY
Posts: 101
Quote:
Originally Posted by fbodfather View Post
Repeat after me: "Da Fbodfather is ALWAYS right.......
see what a week plus with Mom does. goes right to his head.

__________________
My fleet -
His - 2000 Firehawk #295
Hers - 2004 GTO
Boys - 2008 Yukon XL Denali
ChrisL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2008, 03:05 PM   #119
SilverTurtle
Reality Check Specialist
 
SilverTurtle's Avatar
 
Drives: '02 Z28, 2012 45th SS
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: ATX
Posts: 1,723
Send a message via AIM to SilverTurtle Send a message via Yahoo to SilverTurtle
Quote:
Originally Posted by BowtieGuy View Post
I've been pondering over this for awhile now, and it seems to be the case with many of GM's performance oriented cars, but is 422hp a little, how do you say, "underrated"?
to avoid Scott having to say anything directly about the car before launch, I'll answer this one for you: YES... much like the LS3 in the Vettes is underrated.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisL View Post
see what a week plus with Mom does. goes right to his head.

that reminds me that I need to call her sometime this week... lol
__________________
got tequila?
SilverTurtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2008, 03:07 PM   #120
BowtieGuy
Enlightened
 
BowtieGuy's Avatar
 
Drives: Nothing Currently
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Oklahoma
Posts: 1,300
Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverTurtle View Post
to avoid Scott having to say anything directly about the car before launch, I'll answer this one for you: YES... much like the LS3 in the Vettes is underrated.
Aww...but I like deciphering his cryptic remarks!
__________________
If you believe it is your right to speak freely no matter the content, relevance, or intelligence of statement, then it is my duty to the powers that be to set you straight.

People have to talk about something just to keep their voice boxes in working order. So they'll have good voice boxes in case there's ever anything really meaningful to say.
Kurt Vonnegut
BowtieGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2008, 03:07 PM   #121
chevydude26

 
chevydude26's Avatar
 
Drives: Future 2011 camaro convertible
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 1,259
just fantastic...really great job gm...i'm impressed by the quality of the ss
__________________
I think i flip flopped on the ss bumper...it looks good man...it really does
chevydude26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2008, 03:08 PM   #122
Tantalizer43

 
Tantalizer43's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Cincinnati OH
Posts: 1,357
That does indeed, look like SEX!!!!
Tantalizer43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2008, 03:08 PM   #123
motorhed
 
motorhed's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 2SS/RS IOM,2000 Grand Cherokee
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Minneapolis
Posts: 293
Quote:
Originally Posted by BowtieGuy View Post
My apologies, I completely forgot you were talking about a used Corvette. The only thing I meant about the bolded highlight was the price range. This is an incredibly well engineered car, but GM is going to bring it to us at a price the "average joe" can afford. If I offended you I'm sorry, but I saw you addressing the weight and I immediately felt I had to step in and defend the car I have come to love so much. Hooray for enthusiasts!
Don't apologize. We were both on the same page and yes, I'm getting pre-marriage jitters about the performance of RS/SS V-8 car....that's all. LOL

No decisions will be made until i have 3/4 in cash (for whatever it is i buy) and have done a test drive. It will be a bowtie, i know that much.
__________________
-----------------------------
2011 2SS/RS 6M IOM/IOM

7/23/2010 - 1100
8/18/2010 - Born on Date 2G1FT1EW1B9120590
9/3/2010 - Pick Up
-----------------------------
| Photos |
motorhed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2008, 03:15 PM   #124
Congoman775

 
Congoman775's Avatar
 
Drives: Muscle
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Florida
Posts: 1,315
Am i the only one who thinks something special is going on with the SS interior that we havent seen yet???
Congoman775 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2008, 03:16 PM   #125
radz28
Petro-sexual
 
radz28's Avatar
 
Drives: Ultra-Grin
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Crapramento, Crapifornia
Posts: 13,038
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dart View Post
nothing special , camaro dead after 1980 (IMO)
This is a 5th Gen. Camaro website, afterall.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rman91Bird View Post
1. the headlights (can get the good-looking HIDs w/ the RS package)

2. the bumper (can get the good-looking bumper w/ the RS package)

i'm gonna get the RS/SS in Red Jewel Tintcoat (close to color of my dad's '69 with a 454)
May I'm misunderstanding, but the RS package includes the Halos/HIDs - I'm sorry if I misunderstood

That's a nice car! Was that an original LS6 car? I know that officially, the LS6 was released in '70 in the 'Vette and Chevelle, but I could've swore I've read a few books and mags' that noted Chevy had an intention of offering the LS6 at the very end of '69 because '70 was a short year in terms of the new model production Regardless, he has a beautiful car

Quote:
Originally Posted by BowtieGuy View Post
Well it may be designed to be the "poor man's Corvette", but that doesn't mean it is one. They may be made by the same company, but they're in totally different classes, and price ranges. Sorry, but I dont want space age tech on my car if it makes it that much more expensive. Example, the two have the same heart (LS3) but will differ by over $10k because of the amount of engineering that goes into the Corvette. If you are looking for 'Vette performance, buy a Corvette. If you want a reasonably priced car with Corvette similarities, buy a Camaro. If you want Corvette performance at Camaro cost, sorry, I don't know where to point you there. It is not fair or logical to expect world class competing performance in an average joe car.

I shall step off the soapbox now. Just tired of people nitpicking.
I prefer to think of Camaro as the "smart man's Corvette" as I've seen it referred to elsewhere

Quote:
Originally Posted by motorhed View Post
Good points. Let me respond by saying you can get a 2004 C5 Z06 that will probably walk the new camaro pretty well for $28-32K depending on the usual variables. Until the C6 came out, you didn't really have all the glitz and glamour options like navigation, push button start, etc.

How about a really nice used C5 (3250lb) Z06 with every bit of performance for the dollar as possilble for less money than a new SS camaro. I'm not saying that they are the same cars, they are completely different and you're right, different target market but it you start looking at the money for overall performance (not just straight), it's hard to beat a used vette. I dont care or need a back seat, so for some that is a factor.

I'm disapointed because what you call "an average joe car" is not the camaro, that can be a 350Z, Mustang, etc. The Camaro was the vehicle that Chevrolet engineers were really going to spend their time and effort on to make it right. Just sad that these days 3800lbs is the best we can do with a V-8, IRS, and 1000 air bags. It's more of an industry/safety issue rather than a GM issue.

Not nitpicking at all, i think Chevrolet did a wonderful job on the overall execution of the car but i knew the curb weight was going to be a problem given what they were starting with. Cant wait to test drive it and i hope it exceeds my expectations and end up buying one.
I think the average Joe is moving more toward what Camaro is representing. For myself, I'm growing to expect a lot of the features Camaro is coming out with. It used to be that I didn't care that the interior in my '02 wasn't in the same league as my Jetta, however, I didn't buy that car because of the ambient lighting (her '05 has cool red ambient lighting that shines from headliner area around the sunroof controls); I bought it for the value it had in terms of performance. I personally think Camaro is maturing more-and-more and it will appeal to a greater audience with all these new features.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinkcamaro10 View Post
__________________
"...What IS true: We anticipated that this would happen - we are never finished - and yes, Ford DOES deserve to win now and then. To think that GM can come out with a car to make ford throw in the towel is simply foolhardy..." - fbodfather
radz28 is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
OFFICIAL 2010 Camaro Specifications (full tech specs PDF inside) Tran Guides, Manuals, Bulletins, Documentation Archive 394 06-11-2010 06:16 PM
Why do you think the Z28 is the higher tier? The_Blur Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics 181 10-14-2009 08:08 PM
Detroit News panel wants GM to build Camaro concept Tran 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions 12 03-15-2009 04:38 PM
Q&A with fbodfather (Scott Settlemire) regarding upcoming Camaro JustinZS 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions 22 05-20-2008 07:48 PM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:19 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.