Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com
 
Circle-D
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Suspension / Brakes / Chassis


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 11-20-2009, 09:41 PM   #103
2010SLVRBULIT


 
2010SLVRBULIT's Avatar
 
Drives: G5(LLT) & C6(LS3)
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: MARS
Posts: 7,404
..and the car
2010SLVRBULIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2009, 09:43 PM   #104
speedster
SST...
 
speedster's Avatar
 
Drives: SST Camaro 2010
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: East Coast of Florida
Posts: 5,935
Quote:
Originally Posted by Abygale View Post
Thanks Speed, I'll take my time and do it right that's for sure.

I don't really plan on drag racing though, I probably will just to see how fast the car ends up but I'm much more interested in autocross, road course, and ovals.

Excellent Aby !!!

Take the time to look at this - http://www.ridetechtv.com/video/8590
It is Mary Pozzi who is the 11 time SCCA Autocross Champion at the Del Mar Goodguys show. I grabbed this from a different site where Mary hangs out. She is very cool and an awesome autocrosser.
__________________
speedster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2009, 10:07 PM   #105
Info@PeddersUSA.com
 
Info@PeddersUSA.com's Avatar
 
Drives: 5th Gen Rental
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: New England
Posts: 1,904
Quote:
Originally Posted by speedster View Post
Excellent Aby !!!

Take the time to look at this - http://www.ridetechtv.com/video/8590
It is Mary Pozzi who is the 11 time SCCA Autocross Champion at the Del Mar Goodguys show. I grabbed this from a different site where Mary hangs out. She is very cool and an awesome autocrosser.

I checked out the video from Mary Pozzi. She did a really great intro job.

Where is she located?

mike
dms
Info@PeddersUSA.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2009, 10:42 PM   #106
mpozzi
 
Drives: 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 2002
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Central California
Posts: 1
Just found this site and very cool. Thanks for the compliments on the RideTech autocrossing video and it was fun talking "work" with Ty.

As for the question about location, I'm about 100 miles south of you.

Cheers,
Mary Pozzi
mpozzi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2009, 10:51 PM   #107
speedster
SST...
 
speedster's Avatar
 
Drives: SST Camaro 2010
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: East Coast of Florida
Posts: 5,935
Hey Mary -

Thanks for stopping in. A few posts up, Aby, wants to start learning how to autocross, so I figured to give her a link to the best.

We are having a big fifth gen Camaro get together next April 16-18 including autocross, so your tips are a big help for so many here.

FYI: http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=46574

-Bruce
__________________
speedster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2009, 10:36 AM   #108
Mr Twisty


 
Mr Twisty's Avatar
 
Drives: the 2nd amendment home
Join Date: May 2008
Location: OK
Posts: 13,850
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve1968LS2 View Post
Not saying your car isn't faster, but we're still on the stock struts. There's just over $900 in our suspension. BTW, what tires were you on? Just curious.
Struts on a 68 Camaro???

What suspension mods have been done?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpozzi View Post
Just found this site and very cool. Thanks for the compliments on the RideTech autocrossing video and it was fun talking "work" with Ty.

As for the question about location, I'm about 100 miles south of you.

Cheers,
Mary Pozzi
Enjoyed the vid Mary, welcome to our little hole in the wall

I think there's a young lady on here that will be wanting to bend your ear.
__________________
"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."
-- Benjamin Franklin
Mr Twisty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2009, 12:02 PM   #109
Steve1968LS2
 
Drives: 1968 LS2 powered - Bad Penny
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Anaheim Hills, CA
Posts: 235
Watch out for Mary.. she cheats! (j/k)

But she does always drive my car faster in the autox than I do.. so that does get annoying..

Welcome to the site Mary!
__________________
Tech Editor for Camaro Performers Magazine

1968 Camaro - 461 RHS LS 700hp, various stuff, called Bad Penny
1968 Camaro - In progress, called Track Rat
2010 Camaro - DSE Suspension, Baer 6S Brakes, Boze Wheels, Nitto NT05 Tires, JBA Exhaust and long tubes, Magnacharger TVS, 660rwhp Forged Eagle 416 LS3 short block, ADM fuel system, Lingenfelter GT-9 cam, G-Force axles, Anvil and Seibon CF parts, Centerforce Dual-Disc Clutch

www.fquick.com/steve1968ls2
Steve1968LS2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2009, 11:07 PM   #110
JusticePete
 
JusticePete's Avatar
 
Drives: Camaro Justice
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Virginia
Posts: 17,601
Very well done Mary!

You can find some interesting data here. http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showth...54#post1198554
JusticePete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2009, 10:02 PM   #111
speedster
SST...
 
speedster's Avatar
 
Drives: SST Camaro 2010
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: East Coast of Florida
Posts: 5,935
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve1968LS2 View Post
Watch out for Mary.. she cheats! (j/k)

But she does always drive my car faster in the autox than I do.. so that does get annoying..

Welcome to the site Mary!
That's cool Steve. You are not slouch either ...and Penny is one bad-ass ride.
__________________
speedster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2009, 02:02 AM   #112
fixxxer525
Account Suspended
 
Drives: 01S10,01CBR600,05Ducati, 10 2SS/RS
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: San Diego
Posts: 377
Send a message via ICQ to fixxxer525
Hey JusticePete, question with Forgeline, I was told by forgeline I have to run a spacer in order for my wheels to fit the Camaro, the wheel size is 20x10.5 with 295/35/20 Nitto INVO. Due to the "reverse mount" of the 20x10.5 wheel, if I want to eleminate the spacers, I have to run 10" wide wheel. I know your Pedders Camaro run 19x10.5, did you have to add spacers? I'm gonna have to bite the bullet and sacrifice 1/2 inch just so I don't have deal with dumb spacers. By the way, I was (past tense) going to run 20x10.5 all the way around. The other option I was given is the step lip outter but thats not the look I'm after. Performance wise, yes the step lip would be better. But I'm also going after the look and the option of step lip outter would make it look "cheesy". If you don't have an answer, anyone? Trying to figure out this wheel and tire combo is a PITA and its becoming very fustrating.
fixxxer525 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2009, 08:28 PM   #113
JusticePete
 
JusticePete's Avatar
 
Drives: Camaro Justice
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Virginia
Posts: 17,601
Quote:
Originally Posted by fixxxer525 View Post
Hey JusticePete, question with Forgeline, I was told by forgeline I have to run a spacer in order for my wheels to fit the Camaro, the wheel size is 20x10.5 with 295/35/20 Nitto INVO. Due to the "reverse mount" of the 20x10.5 wheel, if I want to eleminate the spacers, I have to run 10" wide wheel. I know your Pedders Camaro run 19x10.5, did you have to add spacers? I'm gonna have to bite the bullet and sacrifice 1/2 inch just so I don't have deal with dumb spacers. By the way, I was (past tense) going to run 20x10.5 all the way around. The other option I was given is the step lip outter but thats not the look I'm after. Performance wise, yes the step lip would be better. But I'm also going after the look and the option of step lip outter would make it look "cheesy". If you don't have an answer, anyone? Trying to figure out this wheel and tire combo is a PITA and its becoming very fustrating.
Forgeline did a spectacular job with the fitment. My wheels do not use spacers.

To make sure I reply properly, tell me if you would be running a spacer in both the front and rear, just the front or rear?
JusticePete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2009, 09:14 PM   #114
fixxxer525
Account Suspended
 
Drives: 01S10,01CBR600,05Ducati, 10 2SS/RS
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: San Diego
Posts: 377
Send a message via ICQ to fixxxer525
I was informed that the fronts will need spacers not the rears. So now I'm utterly destroyed that I cannot run 10.5" up front but settled with the 10" wheel in the front. We are suppose to have a discussion with Forgeline monday on 10.5" fronts. But I'm ok with 10.5" in the rear and 10" in fronts and that was my original plans. I just have to run a staggerd wheel setup of 295 and 275. This wheel and tire combo is a nightmare and only slept 4 hours last nite trying to figure out why we need a spacer. Still makes no sense, since you can run a 19x10.5 and I cannot run 20x10.5 setup. Its hard to visualize, need to see a wheel in order to understand more clearly. Probably something simple.
fixxxer525 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2009, 09:58 PM   #115
Info@PeddersUSA.com
 
Info@PeddersUSA.com's Avatar
 
Drives: 5th Gen Rental
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: New England
Posts: 1,904
Quote:
Originally Posted by fixxxer525 View Post
I was informed that the fronts will need spacers not the rears. So now I'm utterly destroyed that I cannot run 10.5" up front but settled with the 10" wheel in the front. We are suppose to have a discussion with Forgeline monday on 10.5" fronts. But I'm ok with 10.5" in the rear and 10" in fronts and that was my original plans. I just have to run a staggerd wheel setup of 295 and 275. This wheel and tire combo is a nightmare and only slept 4 hours last nite trying to figure out why we need a spacer. Still makes no sense, since you can run a 19x10.5 and I cannot run 20x10.5 setup. Its hard to visualize, need to see a wheel in order to understand more clearly. Probably something simple.
the offsets of the front are in fact different than the rear. There are no spacers on the Pedders Camaro. Both front and rear are 10.5 inch wheels.

mike
dms
Info@PeddersUSA.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2009, 10:25 PM   #116
fixxxer525
Account Suspended
 
Drives: 01S10,01CBR600,05Ducati, 10 2SS/RS
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: San Diego
Posts: 377
Send a message via ICQ to fixxxer525
I wonder why yours works and not mine. I'm gonna go out on a limb and say its due the 19" wheel instead of 20". Does it really make that much of a difference?
fixxxer525 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2009, 02:42 PM   #117
JusticePete
 
JusticePete's Avatar
 
Drives: Camaro Justice
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Virginia
Posts: 17,601
Quote:
Originally Posted by fixxxer525 View Post
I wonder why yours works and not mine. I'm gonna go out on a limb and say its due the 19" wheel instead of 20". Does it really make that much of a difference?
I think it is a limitation of the thickness of the hub material. There just in't enough so a spacer is used to push the wheel out a bit.
JusticePete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2009, 12:04 AM   #118
fixxxer525
Account Suspended
 
Drives: 01S10,01CBR600,05Ducati, 10 2SS/RS
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: San Diego
Posts: 377
Send a message via ICQ to fixxxer525
I just got word on monday that they could do it and it was going to take an extra 2 weeks. I was like AWESOME. 2 weeks is nothing. Thanks for the info, though.
fixxxer525 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2009, 12:06 AM   #119
JusticePete
 
JusticePete's Avatar
 
Drives: Camaro Justice
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Virginia
Posts: 17,601
Quote:
Originally Posted by fixxxer525 View Post
I just got word on monday that they could do it and it was going to take an extra 2 weeks. I was like AWESOME. 2 weeks is nothing. Thanks for the info, though.
Forgeline FTW
JusticePete is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
PEDDERS SUCCESSFULLY FITS 305s ON ALL 4 CORNERS! Info@PeddersUSA.com Suspension / Brakes / Chassis 467 06-11-2013 10:45 PM
New Camaro Exterior and Interior Stainless Steel Trim Parts from RPI Designs! RPI Designs Exterior Parts & Accessories 30 02-20-2013 04:23 PM
Official Camaro Convertible CONCEPT Press Release Tran Camaro Convertible Forum 12 11-18-2009 08:05 PM
Pedders Suspension Benchmark Track Testing and New Jersey Track Day Info@PeddersUSA.com USA - NY / NJ / PA 35 10-26-2009 06:20 PM
Pedders partnering with GM Racing on Camaro suspension Info@PeddersUSA.com Wheels and Tires Talk Sponsored by The Tire Rack 6 09-30-2008 01:14 PM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:49 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.