Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

SNL Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls Report, discuss and diagnose any issues and problems with your Camaro, including warranty discussions.

Old 12-01-2009, 09:43 AM   #1
LLevarge

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS Cyber Grey
New Fuel Filter at 850 Miles

Don't get me wrong, I love my SS. But the check engine light came on at like 600 miles and I am floored....... 600 miles. Onstar tell me its an "evaporative leak" i.e. my gas cap is on wrong. So I double chack and triple check that but no change in the service light.

I finally break down and go to the dealer for service. It took them about 2 days to figure out what was wrong since none of their mechanics understood the camaro. They decided I needed a new fuel filter...... and they don't have any in stock because GM hasn't sent any out. Apparently the fuel filter is custom to the camaro and they never expected anyone to need them this quickly.

So we have to wait about 10 days for a fuel filter. I take the camaro back to the dealer and it spends a whole day there since they still don't understand the camaro computer system. Finally, last night I got it back. No service light.

Stay tuned. I have a sneaky feeling that they reset it and it is going to come back on in a few days.

2010 Camarofest - Valdosta, GA

"You have an enormous carbon footprint"

"It guzzles too much but who cares"

"Dude, what's up with all the Camaros?"
LLevarge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2009, 10:22 AM   #2
Michael_Js
SoCal C5 Family Member

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS - Black w/IOM; 6M
Send a message via AIM to Michael_Js Send a message via MSN to Michael_Js
Wow! That bites! Hopefully no more light, but if so, maybe another dealer that knows the car?
2010 Black 2SS/RS; 6M; IOM, GFX, sunroof; ADM Race CAI; Zoomers CB; Viper Alarm; Pdaft F&R sways, Adj Endlinks, Rtrailing arms, Camber kit, strut brace, Front Trailing Arm Bushing; SLP Skip-Shift Elim; Tinted lights/windows; Hurst Short-throw; LoJack; Door & Dash ABL Mods; Subthump; JBA Shorty headers; AACStyle LEDs; Stillen DS rotors, Hawk Ceramic pads; Havoc Blk Chrome wheels: 20x9s; Lingenfelter Blk Al Pedals; RevXtreme Catch Can; Goodridge SS lines; Ported TB; RK Sport hood; Hotchkis chassis brace; KW V3 coilovers;
Michael_Js is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2009, 10:33 AM   #3
DangerZL1

Drives: Accord
10 days to get a fuel filter? You'd of thought they'd have overnighted one in.
DangerZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2009, 11:57 AM   #4
LLevarge

You would have thought they could overnight it. It sounded to me like GM didn't even have any even stocked for shipping. Its like they had to actually go to Ontario and pull one out of the assembly line.

I still don't buy the fuel filter explanation though and suspect that there is a bad sensor or a software glitch. Next time, it is going to a different dealer !!

Old 12-01-2009, 11:58 AM   #5
Sierra

Drives: 2004 GMC Sierra SLT 4x4
I am guessing you tightened the cap a bit when you checked?
Old 12-01-2009, 12:04 PM   #6
camaro1

Drives: 550+RWHP 2010 camaro
the 2010 camaro doesnt use a fuel filter,

just like most other new gm vehicles they do not have a replaceable filter. the only filter is on the primary fuel tank module in your fuel tank and these are lifetime filters and just to get to them you need to drop the complete rear axle assy and remove the fuel tank from the vehicle.
415ci stroker, TVS 2300 Magnacharger, cnc heads, cam, yank ss3200 converter, Kooks long tubes, Bwoody true cold air kit, ZL1 Pump, magnaflow 3" cat-back, lowering springs,BMR control arms and tie rod bars, 3.73 gears, diff mounts, RX can, ADM fuel controller

Last edited by camaro1; 12-01-2009 at 12:21 PM.
camaro1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2009, 12:43 PM   #7
ffrcobra_65
Account Suspended

Drives: SuperCharged 2SS/RS IOM MN6
Quote:
Originally Posted by camaro1 View Post

just like most other new gm vehicles they do not have a replaceable filter. the only filter is on the primary fuel tank module in your fuel tank and these are lifetime filters and just to get to them you need to drop the complete rear axle assy and remove the fuel tank from the vehicle.
hmmmmmm that is very interesting.
ffrcobra_65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2009, 01:54 PM   #8
Edrock

Drives: '10 Camaro 2SS LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by camaro1 View Post

Maybe that's why it took so long...
Old 12-01-2009, 02:01 PM   #9
Scott@Bjorn3D

Drives: Kami, 2013 2SS LS3 Luvin
Send a message via MSN to Scott@Bjorn3D
With a back log of 19000 outstanding orders parts are going to be very rare for the car since 99% of them are going to build the car.
2013 2SS, GM Strut Tower Brace, CAI Intake Black, VMAX TB, Elite Catch Can, Hotchkis Chassis Brace, Hurst Shifter, 3.91 1LE Complete Rear End, NPP, 1LE Track Pack,Factory Reproductions Style 41 ZL1 Fitment Wheels 10" on all 4 corners
Scott@Bjorn3D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2009, 02:04 PM   #10
LLevarge

Interesting. I suppose that is the filter they pulled out. I will check the invoice and see what they put in for labor to warranty charge GM.

I still think it is a bad sensor or a software issue.

Oh.... yes, I tightened the gas cap

Old 12-01-2009, 09:57 PM   #11
TooCool5
Resident Gearhead

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1LS 3.6 LLT V6 325 HP
I waited three months and got the wrong color car mats.