Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com
 
Night Owl LED
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions General 5th generation Camaro topics not covered by other subforums.

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 09-04-2008, 03:09 PM   #76
boxmonkeyracing
juggernaut
 
boxmonkeyracing's Avatar
 
Drives: VRSCF, 2011 SS vert
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: kenly, nc
Posts: 3,345
Send a message via AIM to boxmonkeyracing Send a message via Yahoo to boxmonkeyracing
Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedy1975 View Post
I'm having a hard time understanding why GM can't meet the 35MPG Corporate Average. They're already getting rid of all those gas guzzling SUVs that no body wants anymore anyway. Get the Hummer off their corporate average by moving it to a separate company as those things are so pase' anyway, and they should be good to go. Let the high performance vehicles have their time in the sun and drop the dead weight of the SUV. Move to some form of crossover for those who want SUV style but with better fuel economy.
ok you through those out and produce the ZR1 with 20 highway, we all know the CTS-v won't get that heavier and not as aerodynamic, then you through in the camaro. . .yea even worse. so those numbers right there kill it from ever happening.

thank god you left it to SUV's. because we will always need trucks.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by fbodfather View Post
We do not want to use the Z28 moniker on a car that does not deserve this hallowed name.
boxmonkeyracing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2008, 03:25 PM   #77
Speedy1975
FASTER!
 
Speedy1975's Avatar
 
Drives: 2009 Dodge Challenger
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Middle Tennessee
Posts: 1,397
Quote:
Originally Posted by boxmonkeyracing View Post
ok you through those out and produce the ZR1 with 20 highway, we all know the CTS-v won't get that heavier and not as aerodynamic, then you through in the camaro. . .yea even worse. so those numbers right there kill it from ever happening.

thank god you left it to SUV's. because we will always need trucks.
It's an average. So say the target is 35MPG. Hypothetically you have 10 models. 1 is your real gas winner at 50mpg (hybrid electric whatever). Honda has this today, so GM should be able to come up with it. Then you have one in the 45 range, and a few in the 30s. Then you have 2 or 3 that are high performance at 25.

50
45
35
35
35
34
33
33
25
25

Total is 350 divided by 10 gives you your 35MPG avg.

Now I know that's over simplifying, but it makes the point. Europe has gone this route for years and is fairing just fine. We can do the same if not better. The American car companies are the main ones struggling with these requirements. My 1999 Honda Accord gets 35mpg. It's 10 years old for crying out loud.

My point is build cheap econo boxes for Jack and Jill Sixpack so that the 10% of us that want high performance cars for toys can buy them. It seems simple to me.
__________________
-Speedy
2009 Challenger R/T
- Arrington Forged 6.0L and Magnacharger Supercharger - 553RWHP 627RWTQ

Speedy1975 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2008, 03:52 PM   #78
rmyers
 
rmyers's Avatar
 
Drives: Both American Made
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Texas
Posts: 739
I'm confused....so they can build a super charged Corvette, and a super charged CTS-V, but they can't build a supercharged Camaro? Well, lets all the thank the politicians by replacing them this fall! The market should determine was car makers build, not the government.
rmyers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2008, 04:24 PM   #79
The_Blur
Jayhawk USN
 
The_Blur's Avatar
 
Drives: 6.2L of AWESOME! 2011 L99 2SS
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: NAS Whiting Field
Posts: 14,255
Send a message via AIM to The_Blur
Quote:
Originally Posted by rmyers View Post
I'm confused....so they can build a super charged Corvette, and a super charged CTS-V, but they can't build a supercharged Camaro? Well, lets all the thank the politicians by replacing them this fall! The market should determine was car makers build, not the government.
They can, and it is possible that they will. Forced induction is a great way to bring power and fuel efficiency, as is evidenced by the Ford EcoBoost system. Right now, there isn't any evidence supporting a production supercharged Camaro, but there are lots of rumors and possibilities.

Keep the faith. It could happen in more than one way: a factory Z28, a factory ZL1, a GMPP supercharger kit, and, as always, the aftermarket.
The_Blur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2008, 05:41 PM   #80
rmyers
 
rmyers's Avatar
 
Drives: Both American Made
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Texas
Posts: 739
I think I'm going to stop paying attention to stuff on the internet. If he's quoted as saying "we are not going to do it". I don't know how much clearer they need to be. So either the post his a blatant lie or we don't know how to take no for answer. I for one don't have the patience for the back and forth. So until I hear from GM in the form of a official press release Im only counting on waht we now as fact. 1 -V6 and 2 V8's.

For now....ill just go drive the 500hp car i own today...(sorry had to say it)
rmyers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2008, 05:43 PM   #81
radz28
Petro-sexual
 
radz28's Avatar
 
Drives: Ultra-Grin
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Crapramento, Crapifornia
Posts: 13,043
Quote:
Originally Posted by rmyers View Post
I think I'm going to stop paying attention to stuff on the internet. If he's quoted as saying "we are not going to do it". I don't know how much clearer they need to be. So either the post his a blatant lie or we don't know how to take no for answer. I for one don't have the patience for the back and forth. So until I hear from GM in the form of a official press release Im only counting on waht we now as fact. 1 -V6 and 2 V8's.

For now....ill just go drive the 500hp car i own today...(sorry had to say it)
Rub it in, won't you
__________________
"...What IS true: We anticipated that this would happen - we are never finished - and yes, Ford DOES deserve to win now and then. To think that GM can come out with a car to make ford throw in the towel is simply foolhardy..." - fbodfather
radz28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2008, 05:45 PM   #82
shank0668


 
shank0668's Avatar
 
Drives: 1998 Sahara
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Ohio
Posts: 8,564
Send a message via AIM to shank0668
Quote:
Originally Posted by radz282003 View Post
Rub it in, won't you
honestly this could be a total cover up for a huge bean spillage
shank0668 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2008, 05:55 PM   #83
FUTURE TOP DOG OWNER
 
Drives: future 500+hp Z28
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: CANADA
Posts: 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by shank0668 View Post
honestly this could be a total cover up for a huge bean spillage
^^^Hope and pray to the horse power gods this could be true^^^
FUTURE TOP DOG OWNER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2008, 06:14 PM   #84
boxmonkeyracing
juggernaut
 
boxmonkeyracing's Avatar
 
Drives: VRSCF, 2011 SS vert
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: kenly, nc
Posts: 3,345
Send a message via AIM to boxmonkeyracing Send a message via Yahoo to boxmonkeyracing
Quote:
Originally Posted by rmyers View Post
I think I'm going to stop paying attention to stuff on the internet. If he's quoted as saying "we are not going to do it". I don't know how much clearer they need to be. So either the post his a blatant lie or we don't know how to take no for answer. I for one don't have the patience for the back and forth. So until I hear from GM in the form of a official press release Im only counting on waht we now as fact. 1 -V6 and 2 V8's.

For now....ill just go drive the 500hp car i own today...(sorry had to say it)
obviously you must have read something I didn't. because I read they aren't doing a 600+ hp camaro. . . but I've also read that the plans for the z28 are being harder to come to pass because of cafe. that isn't a no that's just it's pretty much we might have to consider a plan B. or think really hard how we can make up for the negative mpg of the CTS-V, ZR1 and a HiPo camaro. take it how you want. I did get the message there wasn't a 600+hp camaro. so no faith. . .
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by fbodfather View Post
We do not want to use the Z28 moniker on a car that does not deserve this hallowed name.
boxmonkeyracing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2008, 06:20 PM   #85
shank0668


 
shank0668's Avatar
 
Drives: 1998 Sahara
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Ohio
Posts: 8,564
Send a message via AIM to shank0668
Quote:
Originally Posted by boxmonkeyracing View Post
obviously you must have read something I didn't. because I read they aren't doing a 600+ hp camaro. . . but I've also read that the plans for the z28 are being harder to come to pass because of cafe. that isn't a no that's just it's pretty much we might have to consider a plan B. or think really hard how we can make up for the negative mpg of the CTS-V, ZR1 and a HiPo camaro. take it how you want. I did get the message there wasn't a 600+hp camaro. so no faith. . .
i didnt he said making it hard not impossible
shank0668 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2008, 06:30 PM   #86
boxmonkeyracing
juggernaut
 
boxmonkeyracing's Avatar
 
Drives: VRSCF, 2011 SS vert
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: kenly, nc
Posts: 3,345
Send a message via AIM to boxmonkeyracing Send a message via Yahoo to boxmonkeyracing
Quote:
Originally Posted by shank0668 View Post
i didnt he said making it hard not impossible
lutz said no 600 hp camaro. doesn't mean no 550 hp camaro. lol take it how you want.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by fbodfather View Post
We do not want to use the Z28 moniker on a car that does not deserve this hallowed name.
boxmonkeyracing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2008, 06:38 PM   #87
joes3rdcamaro82/91/2010
Z28 Hold Out!
 
joes3rdcamaro82/91/2010's Avatar
 
Drives: 2000 Monte Carlo SS
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Wichita, Ks.
Posts: 354
Quote:
Originally Posted by shank0668 View Post
i didnt he said making it hard not impossible
With all do respect, and not just talking to you.

What is the Difference between an ass and a butt?

People keep finding loop holes to the Z28 not being dead.

It's not dead, it just not going to be supercharged.

It's not dead, it just put on hold. In all reality it is dead.

And yet people continue to keep faith! This is the exact reason they

need to build the Z28, where else can you find this passion GM!
joes3rdcamaro82/91/2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2008, 06:45 PM   #88
Angrybird 12
Retired, Cancer Survivor
 
Angrybird 12's Avatar
 
Drives: 12 CAMARO 1LT, 08 Vue, 14 Spark
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: J. C. Tennessee
Posts: 18,004
Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedy1975 View Post
I'm having a hard time understanding why GM can't meet the 35MPG Corporate Average. They're already getting rid of all those gas guzzling SUVs that no body wants anymore anyway. Get the Hummer off their corporate average by moving it to a separate company as those things are so pase' anyway, and they should be good to go. Let the high performance vehicles have their time in the sun and drop the dead weight of the SUV. Move to some form of crossover for those who want SUV style but with better fuel economy.
.
First they need a car with a 35MPG rating...... I even think the Aveo is only rated at 34MPG, then they need several cars with it, and then they need to sell a kabootle of them...Just to be able to keep a camaro alive...
__________________
Cancer's a bitch! Enjoy life while you can! LIVE, LOVE, DRIVE...CAMARO!

Previous Camaros: 1974, 1979 and 2010.
Angrybird 12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2008, 06:45 PM   #89
shank0668


 
shank0668's Avatar
 
Drives: 1998 Sahara
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Ohio
Posts: 8,564
Send a message via AIM to shank0668
Quote:
Originally Posted by joes3rdcamaro82/91/2010 View Post
With all do respect, and not just talking to you.

What is the Difference between an ass and a butt?

People keep finding loop holes to the Z28 not being dead.

It's not dead, it just not going to be supercharged.

It's not dead, it just put on hold. In all reality it is dead.

And yet people continue to keep faith! This is the exact reason they

need to build the Z28, where else can you find this passion GM!
wtf no one said it is dead whered you get that?
shank0668 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2008, 06:50 PM   #90
boxmonkeyracing
juggernaut
 
boxmonkeyracing's Avatar
 
Drives: VRSCF, 2011 SS vert
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: kenly, nc
Posts: 3,345
Send a message via AIM to boxmonkeyracing Send a message via Yahoo to boxmonkeyracing
Quote:
Originally Posted by joes3rdcamaro82/91/2010 View Post
With all do respect, and not just talking to you.

What is the Difference between an ass and a butt?

People keep finding loop holes to the Z28 not being dead.

It's not dead, it just not going to be supercharged.

It's not dead, it just put on hold. In all reality it is dead.

And yet people continue to keep faith! This is the exact reason they

need to build the Z28, where else can you find this passion GM!

and i bet you were one of the ones that said the camaro is dead and never coming back. but that last part is very true. and with all due respect you are wrong.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by fbodfather View Post
We do not want to use the Z28 moniker on a car that does not deserve this hallowed name.
boxmonkeyracing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2008, 06:51 PM   #91
joes3rdcamaro82/91/2010
Z28 Hold Out!
 
joes3rdcamaro82/91/2010's Avatar
 
Drives: 2000 Monte Carlo SS
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Wichita, Ks.
Posts: 354
Quote:
Originally Posted by shank0668 View Post
wtf no one said it is dead whered you get that?
I am just saying that if it is dead, people are so passionate about it that they refuse to believe it. That even if all signs including fbodfather, point to a less than likely return of the Z28 for what ever reasons, that we gravitate toward any thing that may leave the door open for a return of it. Example; It not dead it just wont be supercharged, or it going to be hard not impossible!
joes3rdcamaro82/91/2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2008, 06:53 PM   #92
shank0668


 
shank0668's Avatar
 
Drives: 1998 Sahara
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Ohio
Posts: 8,564
Send a message via AIM to shank0668
Quote:
Originally Posted by joes3rdcamaro82/91/2010 View Post
I am just saying that if it is dead, people are so passionate about it that they refuse to believe it. That even if all signs including fbodfather, point to a less than likely return of the Z28 for what ever reasons, that we gravitate toward any thing that may leave the door open for a return of it. Example; It not dead it just wont be supercharged, or it going to be hard not impossible!
cts-v???
shank0668 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2008, 06:55 PM   #93
joes3rdcamaro82/91/2010
Z28 Hold Out!
 
joes3rdcamaro82/91/2010's Avatar
 
Drives: 2000 Monte Carlo SS
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Wichita, Ks.
Posts: 354
Quote:
Originally Posted by boxmonkeyracing View Post
and i bet you were one of the ones that said the camaro is dead and never coming back. but that last part is very true. and with all due respect you are wrong.
Yes I was one that said it was dead. Not to piss anyone off. I was just saying what the evidence supported, what I have heard from reps and such. Just look above my aviator and other post, I want a Z28 just a as bad as anyone. I am as human as the next guy; Mind says it is dead, heart says other wise.

No one is right or wrong, ther are no facts to back any of us speaking our mind.
joes3rdcamaro82/91/2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2008, 06:58 PM   #94
boxmonkeyracing
juggernaut
 
boxmonkeyracing's Avatar
 
Drives: VRSCF, 2011 SS vert
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: kenly, nc
Posts: 3,345
Send a message via AIM to boxmonkeyracing Send a message via Yahoo to boxmonkeyracing
RANT RANT RANT RANT RANT RANT RANT RANT RANT!!!!!
Fbodfather said it's hard to see it coming with how they planned. That means it's still a very good possibility just not how they planed.


I swear you nay sayers are pissing me off. how many times have I had to put up with the camaro isn't even coming back from my friends and look what's happening now?!?!?!? I sometimes want to reach through the computer and smack some of you because that's exactly what you are trying to do. you are trying to piss people off. and well you're doing one fine good job at it.


I respect that you don't want a z28 and couldn't care less. and to me some of you don't even know or much less care what it stands for to some of us. but (I'm doing everything in my power not to swear up and down here) there has been no official word as to the Z28 NOT coming back. Right now it's a program that's under review. I have been reassured that the people at GM do not want to see the Z28 gone. That means they are going to do whatever it takes to get us a damn Z28. And one that will sell and compete with the competition. so quit telling me how things are. or I'm going to tell you where to stick it.

RANT OFF
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by fbodfather View Post
We do not want to use the Z28 moniker on a car that does not deserve this hallowed name.
boxmonkeyracing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2008, 07:02 PM   #95
shank0668


 
shank0668's Avatar
 
Drives: 1998 Sahara
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Ohio
Posts: 8,564
Send a message via AIM to shank0668
Quote:
Originally Posted by boxmonkeyracing View Post
RANT RANT RANT RANT RANT RANT RANT RANT RANT!!!!!
Fbodfather said it's hard to see it coming with how they planned. That means it's still a very good possibility just not how they planed.


I swear you nay sayers are pissing me off. how many times have I had to put up with the camaro isn't even coming back from my friends and look what's happening now?!?!?!? I sometimes want to reach through the computer and smack some of you because that's exactly what you are trying to do. you are trying to piss people off. and well you're doing one fine good job at it.


I respect that you don't want a z28 and couldn't care less. and to me some of you don't even know or much less care what it stands for to some of us. but (I'm doing everything in my power not to swear up and down here) there has been no official word as to the Z28 NOT coming back. Right now it's a program that's under review. I have been reassured that the people at GM do not want to see the Z28 gone. That means they are going to do whatever it takes to get us a damn Z28. And one that will sell and compete with the competition. so quit telling me how things are. or I'm going to tell you where to stick it.

RANT OFF
i agree!!! besides gm will pull something out the sleeve!!!! and i am 99 % sure itl be faster than a gt500. they will do it I am keeping my faith
shank0668 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2008, 07:05 PM   #96
joes3rdcamaro82/91/2010
Z28 Hold Out!
 
joes3rdcamaro82/91/2010's Avatar
 
Drives: 2000 Monte Carlo SS
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Wichita, Ks.
Posts: 354
Quote:
Originally Posted by boxmonkeyracing View Post
RANT RANT RANT RANT RANT RANT RANT RANT RANT!!!!!
Fbodfather said it's hard to see it coming with how they planned. That means it's still a very good possibility just not how they planed.


I swear you nay sayers are pissing me off. how many times have I had to put up with the camaro isn't even coming back from my friends and look what's happening now?!?!?!? I sometimes want to reach through the computer and smack some of you because that's exactly what you are trying to do. you are trying to piss people off. and well you're doing one fine good job at it.


I respect that you don't want a z28 and couldn't care less. and to me some of you don't even know or much less care what it stands for to some of us. but (I'm doing everything in my power not to swear up and down here) there has been no official word as to the Z28 NOT coming back. Right now it's a program that's under review. I have been reassured that the people at GM do not want to see the Z28 gone. That means they are going to do whatever it takes to get us a damn Z28. And one that will sell and compete with the competition. so quit telling me how things are. or I'm going to tell you where to stick it.

RANT OFF
I do want it, and I want it bad. I think you are missing my point. I was speaking of the passion, how people see through the negative, for the good.
But, i think your a little blinded by anger.

An any regards I can SEE YOUR PASSION!!
joes3rdcamaro82/91/2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2008, 07:07 PM   #97
boxmonkeyracing
juggernaut
 
boxmonkeyracing's Avatar
 
Drives: VRSCF, 2011 SS vert
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: kenly, nc
Posts: 3,345
Send a message via AIM to boxmonkeyracing Send a message via Yahoo to boxmonkeyracing
Quote:
Originally Posted by joes3rdcamaro82/91/2010 View Post
, i think your a little blinded by anger.
Quite possibly. I've been putting up with so much BS lately and to come on here to a site I enjoy and frequent and have so many people say it's dead and have to defend the official line. over and over and over and over and then told that I'm a girly man (another thread) because I actually care about the Z28. you think I'm a little upset? quite possibly.


any ways. . .back on topic.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by fbodfather View Post
We do not want to use the Z28 moniker on a car that does not deserve this hallowed name.
boxmonkeyracing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2008, 07:12 PM   #98
shank0668


 
shank0668's Avatar
 
Drives: 1998 Sahara
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Ohio
Posts: 8,564
Send a message via AIM to shank0668
Quote:
Originally Posted by boxmonkeyracing View Post
Quite possibly. I've been putting up with so much BS lately and to come on here to a site I enjoy and frequent and have so many people say it's dead and have to defend the official line. over and over and over and over and then told that I'm a girly man (another thread) because I actually care about the Z28. you think I'm a little upset? quite possibly.
that post pissed me off. its bs!! maybe their plan was the zr1 engine in the maro and now they are gonna downgrade to a cts v type engine with a lil better supercharger.
shank0668 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2008, 07:16 PM   #99
JEFF2010SSMANUAL
JEFF2010SSMANUAL
 
JEFF2010SSMANUAL's Avatar
 
Drives: IOM 2SS/RS LS3
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Northern IL
Posts: 1,953
SS Camaro's kick A$$.

WTF is the big deal about Z28.

The ONLY Z28 I ever liked was the 69. And that was for brakes and handling.

The NEW Camaro is A MUSCLE CAR "SS" LIKE AN OLD SKOOL BIG BLOCK IN HP. WTF.
JEFF2010SSMANUAL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2008, 07:20 PM   #100
shank0668


 
shank0668's Avatar
 
Drives: 1998 Sahara
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Ohio
Posts: 8,564
Send a message via AIM to shank0668
Quote:
Originally Posted by JEFF2010SSMANUAL View Post
SS Camaro's kick A$$.

WTF is the big deal about Z28.

The ONLY Z28 I ever liked was the 69. And that was for brakes and handling.

The NEW Camaro is A MUSCLE CAR "SS" LIKE AN OLD SKOOL BIG BLOCK IN HP. WTF.
dont get boxmonkeyracing started and why? just because you dont want a top dog Z i do so BE QUIET

Last edited by shank0668; 09-04-2008 at 07:51 PM.
shank0668 is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Detroit News panel wants GM to build Camaro concept Tran 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions 12 03-15-2009 04:38 PM
2010 Camaro Raffle Info rolnslo 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions 6 08-31-2008 09:31 PM
Car and Driver drives V6 Camaro! Xanthos 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions 63 08-26-2008 09:21 PM
Modified Camaro collection tzh Camaro Photos | Spyshots | Video | Media Gallery 2 05-15-2008 06:04 PM
Q&A with John Fitzpatrick - Camaro Marketing Manager camaro5 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions 4 04-15-2008 02:28 PM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:27 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.