Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com
 
Emblempros
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Photos | Spyshots | Video | Media Gallery


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 12-05-2009, 09:35 AM   #3011
VenomZ302
Live to Win, Dare to Fail
 
VenomZ302's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Aqua Blue RS/SS M6
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Charleston, SC
Posts: 1,824
I had to pick something up from the local Buick/Pontiac dealership yesterday and started talking with one of the salesmen about my car. Three others showed up and, as I was leaving to walk to the receptionist's desk, they all agreed that ABM is the best color on the Camaro. The salesman was shocked when I told him it was canceled.
__________________

3/13/09 - Ordered Aqua Blue Metallic 2SS/RS M6!
7/13/09 - Built!
8/11/09 - Delivered!


2G1FT1EW2A9124579
VenomZ302 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2009, 09:59 AM   #3012
geminidreams


 
geminidreams's Avatar
 
Drives: ABM 2LT / RS
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Utah
Posts: 2,391
I get the same comments as well gotta love this color right lol.
geminidreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2009, 10:21 AM   #3013
Frank in MD
Raining Blood
 
Frank in MD's Avatar
 
Drives: 2014 SS Performance Sedan
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: facebook
Posts: 2,683
Funny thing is we now have a 2010 Impala in ABM, but it's not quite the same....
__________________
Ordered 1/9/12 - Born 2/3/12 - Delivered 2/21/12 - '12 1SS/RS Summit White - TRADED.

2014 SS Performance Sedan #2974 - Red Hot 2 - S/R. & Spare. Built 01/09/14 #238 of 291 as configured
Frank in MD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2009, 12:46 PM   #3014
Hopper
Chevy Lifer
 
Hopper's Avatar
 
Drives: '13 Caddy ATS, '10 2SS/RS ABM M6
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Grosse Pointe Woods, MI
Posts: 465
That's the problem. The color doesn't reproduce well online. It's even hard to reproduce with photography without the right lighting. As a result, customers were not beating down the dealers door for it because they couldn't see it first. With regard to dealers, they have some experience with this color on Impala, HHR and Colorado. As Rockmont says, simply blah on an Impala or HHR due to the rounded corners that don't allow the metallic effect to shine through. Looked good on Colorado, but not many out there to see either. Dealers simply didn't want to take the risk on a stock order in ABM when they were turning the other colors so well.

In addition, Oshawa has a limited number of colors it can have in the plant due to infrastructure constraints. When they added Summit White over the summer, they had to get rid of another. Although it has caught up a little recently, the low runner at the time was ABM by a long shot. Contrary to rumor, ABM was NOT killed to put in Synergy Green. Adding Summit White killed ABM. Synergy Green is a "one-off" which the plant can still do in low volumes as a special edition without disrupting normal production. The fate of ABM was sealed around the time of the 2009 GM Nationals in Carlisle, PA...well before Synergy Green was even in the plan. Trust me, I work for GM and know the straight scoop.

Bottom line, the best color on the Camaro (IMO) got the ax early for 2 reasons. Low early natural customer demand and lack of dealer interest in creating a market for it. Can't blame customers or dealers for it. Was just hard to market this color without seeing it in person. GM designers had high hopes for this color. In fact, a lot of the early concept sketches were done in this color. Two are shown below.

For those of us lucky enough to have one, including me, it all adds up to a rare car and an instant classic in 20 years for those that hold on and take care of them.
Attached Images
  
__________________
2010 2SS/RS Manual, ABM, Grey Leather, Painted SIM Rallys, 20" RS Painted Wheels, A9167198
Hopper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2009, 12:54 PM   #3015
SummoneR
Paul
 
SummoneR's Avatar
 
Drives: '10 2SS/RS M6 "Marauder"
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: NOR*CAL
Posts: 6,280
Send a message via Yahoo to SummoneR
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hopper View Post
That's the problem. The color doesn't reproduce well online. It's even hard to reproduce with photography without the right lighting. As a result, customers were not beating down the dealers door for it because they couldn't see it first. With regard to dealers, they have some experience with this color on Impala, HHR and Colorado. As Rockmont says, simply blah on an Impala or HHR due to the rounded corners that don't allow the metallic effect to shine through. Looked good on Colorado, but not many out there to see either. Dealers simply didn't want to take the risk on a stock order in ABM when they were turning the other colors so well.

In addition, Oshawa has a limited number of colors it can have in the plant due to infrastructure constraints. When they added Summit White over the summer, they had to get rid of another. Although it has caught up a little recently, the low runner at the time was ABM by a long shot. Contrary to rumor, ABM was NOT killed to put in Synergy Green. Adding Summit White killed ABM. Synergy Green is a "one-off" which the plant can still do in low volumes as a special edition without disrupting normal production. The fate of ABM was sealed around the time of the 2009 GM Nationals in Carlisle, PA...well before Synergy Green was even in the plan. Trust me, I work for GM and know the straight scoop.

Bottom line, the best color on the Camaro (IMO) got the ax early for 2 reasons. Low early natural customer demand and lack of dealer interest in creating a market for it. Can't blame customers or dealers for it. Was just hard to market this color without seeing it in person. GM designers had high hopes for this color. In fact, a lot of the early concept sketches were done in this color. Two are shown below.

For those of us lucky enough to have one, including me, it all adds up to a rare car and an instant classic in 20 years for those that hold on and take care of them.

Summit White did not kill ABM... Summit White was always in the plan. The plan was to add SW when the Impala line added it as well. Scott (fbodfather) said himself that a low volume color will get cut and replaced period... that's how it works. ABM was the lowest, done. IF SW killed it, it would have been gone prior to SW becoming available.

I do agree with you on the part about it not getting out there or marketed the way it needed to be by GM or dealers. I have not had a single negative comment on the color everyone tells me it's the best color they have seen hands down. I am glad to have the rarity of it now.
__________________
SummoneR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2009, 12:57 PM   #3016
BlakeAlden
 
BlakeAlden's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro 2LT/RS SIM
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Westchester, NY
Posts: 103
Quote:
Originally Posted by geminidreams View Post
I really like it and if its sunny tomorrow I need to try and get some in the light.

My factory rally stripes had to be redone so I had them add a little color. to match my RS badges. breast cancer sticker in honor of a dear friend of mine, added red bowties to rims. Its like 10 degrees out tonight burrr..
I think the extra stripes look incredible. Looking forward to your pics in the sunlight.
BlakeAlden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2009, 01:25 PM   #3017
Angrybird 12
6 year Cancer Survivor!
 
Angrybird 12's Avatar
 
Drives: 12 CAMARO, 16 Encore, 07 Colorado
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: East Tennessee
Posts: 21,467
I like the ABM much more than that silly Synergy Green
__________________
Cancer's a bitch! Enjoy life while you can! LIVE, LOVE, DRIVE...CAMARO!

The Bird is the word!
Angrybird 12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2009, 02:14 PM   #3018
Hopper
Chevy Lifer
 
Hopper's Avatar
 
Drives: '13 Caddy ATS, '10 2SS/RS ABM M6
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Grosse Pointe Woods, MI
Posts: 465
Quote:
Originally Posted by SummoneR View Post
Summit White did not kill ABM... Summit White was always in the plan. The plan was to add SW when the Impala line added it as well. Scott (fbodfather) said himself that a low volume color will get cut and replaced period... that's how it works. ABM was the lowest, done. IF SW killed it, it would have been gone prior to SW becoming available.

I do agree with you on the part about it not getting out there or marketed the way it needed to be by GM or dealers. I have not had a single negative comment on the color everyone tells me it's the best color they have seen hands down. I am glad to have the rarity of it now.
Yes, Summit White was always in the plan. When it came in, it was going to replace the low runner. That was, and still is, ABM. My point was that Summit White DID kill it by coming in, not Synergy Green, as has been rumored in many threads. The plant has been running 1 color over since Summit White came in as the plant can only produce a limited number of colors in volume. The relatively low volume of ABM allowed them to continue it along with SW for awhile. If Synergy Green didn't come in, ABM was still done. Had the discussion personally at Carlisle with Settlemire, Fitzpatrick and Pilcher. I work in Chevy marketing with all three of them on a daily basis. When Synergy Green is done, it will not be replaced with another volume color. We will do other colors, but they will be more special edition in nature. IOW, low volume.
__________________
2010 2SS/RS Manual, ABM, Grey Leather, Painted SIM Rallys, 20" RS Painted Wheels, A9167198
Hopper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2009, 04:20 PM   #3019
VenomZ302
Live to Win, Dare to Fail
 
VenomZ302's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Aqua Blue RS/SS M6
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Charleston, SC
Posts: 1,824
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hopper View Post
In fact, a lot of the early concept sketches were done in this color. Two are shown below.
I'm next to positive those are the two that I photoshopped. The original pictures are red/orange, although I've seen the first in a grayish blue, too.
__________________

3/13/09 - Ordered Aqua Blue Metallic 2SS/RS M6!
7/13/09 - Built!
8/11/09 - Delivered!


2G1FT1EW2A9124579
VenomZ302 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2009, 04:35 PM   #3020
Danny Thomas
 
Danny Thomas's Avatar
 
Drives: 67 RS, 81 Turbo TA, 2010 ABM 2SS/RS
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Pigeon Forge
Posts: 212
Send a message via AIM to Danny Thomas
Quote:
Originally Posted by SummoneR View Post
Summit White did not kill ABM... Summit White was always in the plan. The plan was to add SW when the Impala line added it as well. Scott (fbodfather) said himself that a low volume color will get cut and replaced period... that's how it works. ABM was the lowest, done. IF SW killed it, it would have been gone prior to SW becoming available.

I do agree with you on the part about it not getting out there or marketed the way it needed to be by GM or dealers. I have not had a single negative comment on the color everyone tells me it's the best color they have seen hands down. I am glad to have the rarity of it now.
Spoke with GM rep in charge of colors at SEMA..said same thing...Low sales of this color. Also saw a ad board at their booth that was specing a camaro . the car was orange but not the orange that is presently on the camaro. I believe it was call Dark Argent Orange--almost like a Sunset Orange, accordding to the specs. Wonder if there is another color change coming? I decided to bite the bullet and secure one of the last ABM cars--2SS RS. It arrived at my dealer yesterday and pick up next week. Now for some painted charcoal rally stripes and Forgeline wheels.
Danny Thomas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2009, 04:59 PM   #3021
Hopper
Chevy Lifer
 
Hopper's Avatar
 
Drives: '13 Caddy ATS, '10 2SS/RS ABM M6
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Grosse Pointe Woods, MI
Posts: 465
Quote:
Originally Posted by VenomZ302 View Post
I'm next to positive those are the two that I photoshopped. The original pictures are red/orange, although I've seen the first in a grayish blue, too.
They may be your photoshops. Can't be sure as I don't know the original source. They've been going around in GM for some time. I did see some original sketches in ABM in early 2007. These looked close, so I posted them. The design staff has the most say in the exterior colors offered on all our vehicles. Glad they did ABM, even for a short while!
__________________
2010 2SS/RS Manual, ABM, Grey Leather, Painted SIM Rallys, 20" RS Painted Wheels, A9167198
Hopper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2009, 05:03 PM   #3022
mitchel
 
Drives: 2014 2ls deep magenta metallic
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: pass christian ms
Posts: 118
aqua blue camaro

picked up my new 1lt camaro auto aqua blue with silver stripes love the color
combo gray int. only wish door and dash trim where silver not black easy fix just need time love the look so glad i didn't get yellow my first pick
mitch pictures to come
mitchel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2009, 05:09 PM   #3023
Hopper
Chevy Lifer
 
Hopper's Avatar
 
Drives: '13 Caddy ATS, '10 2SS/RS ABM M6
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Grosse Pointe Woods, MI
Posts: 465
Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny Thomas View Post
Spoke with GM rep in charge of colors at SEMA..said same thing...Low sales of this color. Also saw a ad board at their booth that was specing a camaro . the car was orange but not the orange that is presently on the camaro. I believe it was call Dark Argent Orange--almost like a Sunset Orange, accordding to the specs. Wonder if there is another color change coming? I decided to bite the bullet and secure one of the last ABM cars--2SS RS. It arrived at my dealer yesterday and pick up next week. Now for some painted charcoal rally stripes and Forgeline wheels.
Make sure you post some pics of your charcoal rallys when done. I always thought that combo would look good, but have never seen it done.
__________________
2010 2SS/RS Manual, ABM, Grey Leather, Painted SIM Rallys, 20" RS Painted Wheels, A9167198
Hopper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2009, 05:39 PM   #3024
SummoneR
Paul
 
SummoneR's Avatar
 
Drives: '10 2SS/RS M6 "Marauder"
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: NOR*CAL
Posts: 6,280
Send a message via Yahoo to SummoneR
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hopper View Post
Yes, Summit White was always in the plan. When it came in, it was going to replace the low runner. That was, and still is, ABM. My point was that Summit White DID kill it by coming in, not Synergy Green, as has been rumored in many threads. The plant has been running 1 color over since Summit White came in as the plant can only produce a limited number of colors in volume. The relatively low volume of ABM allowed them to continue it along with SW for awhile. If Synergy Green didn't come in, ABM was still done. Had the discussion personally at Carlisle with Settlemire, Fitzpatrick and Pilcher. I work in Chevy marketing with all three of them on a daily basis. When Synergy Green is done, it will not be replaced with another volume color. We will do other colors, but they will be more special edition in nature. IOW, low volume.
Ahh well that makes since, I understand everything else you have said after reading this bold underlined part. SO the truth is SW did not kill it, low sales did

Thanks!
__________________
SummoneR is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply

Tags
abm camaro, aqua blue, aqua blue metallic, aqua blue metallic camaro, camaro, car, sevn86 was here!

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Official IMPERIAL BLUE METALLIC (IBM) Camaro Thread RLHMARINES Camaro Photos | Spyshots | Video | Media Gallery 2428 10-27-2017 10:35 AM
GM unveils Jay Leno Camaro, Camaro Synergy, Camaro Chroma, Camaro Dusk at SEMA irocnroll 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions 101 02-27-2012 01:25 PM
ABM (aqua blue metallic) and Camaro Black Concept at St. Louis Auto Show Liberty1 Camaro Photos | Spyshots | Video | Media Gallery 37 04-17-2011 11:23 AM
Official Camaro Convertible CONCEPT Press Release Tran Camaro Convertible Forum 12 11-18-2009 08:05 PM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:34 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.